Grounding my macbook air
When I got my macbook air I noticed that you can have an ungrounded plug adapter inserted into the brick or have a cord with a grounded plug inserted. What are the differences in using these different plugs?
- Asked by Angela K from Dartmouth
- Sep 4, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Grounding my macbook air)
- Asked about: Apple 45W MagSafe Power Adapter for…
1 Answer from the Community
One is grounded and the other is ungrounded as you mentioned. I find that it is very important to use the three prong/grounded plug when ever you can, just because it is safer. The two prong is great for when traveling since you don't need to carry an extra 3 foot cable with you. Others and I have also found that the MacBooks heat up less when using the grounded cable.
The only real difference is convenience for the consumer.
Hope this answers your question.
- Answered by Matthew S from Prince George
- Oct 1, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
MacBook Air vs. MacBook Pro
- Asked by Nicholas L from Palm Springs
- Mar 2, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (MacBook Air vs. MacBook Pro)