Does it work with an older macbook air?
Some of the answers indicate this new portable superdrive will work with any mac that does not have a superdrive built in. That indicates it should also work with an older Macbook Air. However, if it works with an older Macbook Air why doesn't it work on any Mac? I have an older iMac that has a superdrive that won't work properly because it was switched to to many locations. Instead of buying a new superdrive for it I would have liked to purchase the portable superdrive since my iMac will require replacing within the year and it makes more sense to buy this drive now so I already have it to go with the new iMac.
- Asked by Tom B from Welland
- Nov 23, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it work with an older macbook air?)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive
2 Answers from the Community
It will only work with a Mac that shipped without an internal SuperDrive. So, it will work with a MacBook Air, but will not work with any iMac except the newest generation that lacked internal SuperDrives. My understanding is this is a limitation built into the firmware of the USB SuperDrive.
- Answered by Keith H from Baton Rouge
- May 9, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Check the Supported Products section to verify it.
- Answered by Dylan J from Acworth
- Apr 12, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can I connect a new 2013 Macbook Air to an older 27" LED Cinema Display?
- Asked by David K from Sister Bay
- Jun 23, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect a new 2013 Macbook Air to an older 27" LED Cinema Display?)