Does it work with an older macbook air?
Some of the answers indicate this new portable superdrive will work with any mac that does not have a superdrive built in. That indicates it should also work with an older Macbook Air. However, if it works with an older Macbook Air why doesn't it work on any Mac? I have an older iMac that has a superdrive that won't work properly because it was switched to to many locations. Instead of buying a new superdrive for it I would have liked to purchase the portable superdrive since my iMac will require replacing within the year and it makes more sense to buy this drive now so I already have it to go with the new iMac.
- Asked by Tom B from Welland
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it work with an older macbook air?)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive
2 Answers from the Community
It will only work with a Mac that shipped without an internal SuperDrive. So, it will work with a MacBook Air, but will not work with any iMac except the newest generation that lacked internal SuperDrives. My understanding is this is a limitation built into the firmware of the USB SuperDrive.
- Answered by Keith H from Baton Rouge
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Check the Supported Products section to verify it.
- Answered by Dylan J from Acworth
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Will this work with an MacBook air??
- Asked by Kelly D from Rolling Prairie
- Feb 3, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with an MacBook air??)
- Asked about: Belkin YourType Bluetooth Wireless …
Is there an Adapter for thunderbolt to 2011 macbook air?
- Asked by Lynn W from Ashton
- Mar 6, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there an Adapter for thunderbolt to 2011 macbook air?)
MacBook Pro or MacBook Air?
- Asked by Katherine C from Humble
- Dec 15, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (MacBook Pro or MacBook Air?)