Does iPod support popular audiobook formats such as MP3 and WMA? I' hear that the iPod is not so great for audiobook support
- Asked by Michel L from Scottsdale
- Sep 21, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does iPod support popular audiobook formats such as MP3 and WMA? I' hear that the iPod is not so great for audiobook support)
1 Answer from the Community
Not sure which iPod you're asking about but almost all formats (including MP3 and MP4) can easily be loaded with files for audiobooks from iTunes. I've added books from CDs and from downloads from my library, the Great Courses company, and Audible without any trouble at all.
The only problem will be if you have a Windows format file like WMA and try to listen to it on a Mac. I use Parallels so listen there but such files must be converted to load into your Mac iTunes. Most audiobooks can be downloaded in either Mac or Windows format so the solution is just to redownload for your Mac.
- Answered by Ann H L from New York
- Oct 10, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I use the feature for audiobooks that reads them faster on my old iPod. Thinking of upgrading to the new iPod Nano. Does it support that feature?
Which ipod can I listen to audiobooks on
- Asked by Micheline J from Wentzville
- Oct 22, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Which ipod can I listen to audiobooks on)