I don't have an Apple laptop, will an Apple TV allow me to watch the movies stored on my laptop through my television
5 Answers from the Community
The AppleTV is a convenient and reliable way to stream your movies wirelessly to your TVs via iTunes if you are willing to put in some effort and your movies are compatible. If you have a current version of iTunes running on your computer (either Windows or Apple OS) and have movies in your iTunes library you can stream those movies to your AppleTV and i-devices. You need to have home sharing turned on for each device you wish to stream movies, they have to be on the same network and they have to be logged into the same apple ID (under home sharing). The shared library will appear under the Computers button on your AppleTV or the shared tab in the video app for the i-devices.
- Answered by Jon B from Chelsea
- Apr 29, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
If you have iPhone, iPod or iPad you can install Air Video Server on laptop and by downloading air video app on your iOS devices you can airplay these movies from your server to you apple tv. Another solution is install air parrot on your laptop and stream that way.
- Answered by Zahid B
- Apr 5, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Yes, provided your TV has a HDMI connector. If you have a "SMART"TV, you may not even need an Apple TV device to steam movies from your PC. Your "SMART"TV has internet capabilities via Ethernet cable or WiFi, look on your menus to see if it is also equipped with DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance®). This feature allows you to stream MP4 and many other formats, from your Windows 7 or better PC to your internet connected "SMART"TV. TaDa!
- Answered by Steve P from Rochester
- Jun 4, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Yes, you can mirror the image off off the laptop. So the audio will play on the TV and the video would show on the TV and the laptop. Or if it is a movie on iTunes you can access it from the Apple Tv.
- Answered by Elisabeth B from Gibsonton
- Apr 2, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
YES IT WILL THATS HOW I DO IT .I HAVE A TOSHIBA LAP TOP AND AN APPLE TV.
- Answered by Corrine B from West Bend
- Jun 23, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
can I use apple tv to extend / duplicate my macbook display onto the television?
- Asked by Pavan R from Melbourne
- Sep 28, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use apple tv to extend / duplicate my macbook display onto the television?)
Does Apple TV tape from television
- Asked by Marieanne C from Melbourne
- Dec 29, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Apple TV tape from television)