Can I AirPlay Youtube videos from my iPhone 4S to Apple TV without turning on mirroring functionality?
When I touch the AirPlay icon while I watch Youtube videos from my iPhone 4S only the sound transmitted to the TV through Apple TV. I would like to know how the video can also be transmitted to the TV without turning on the full mirroring functionality from iPhone 4S to Apple TV.
- Asked by Murat K from Clifton
- Oct 28, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I AirPlay Youtube videos from my iPhone 4S to Apple TV without turning on mirroring functionality?)
3 Answers from the Community
Thanks for the answer. I actually should have asked watching Youtube videos when they are played with the new Youtube application (then one downloaded after iOS 6 erased the original Youtube application).
Because, I was able to Airplay the Youtube videos when I play them through Safari (open Safari application, go to Youtube.com, play any video). However, I was not when I used Youtube's own application for iPhone.
That would be great if you could help with this additional information.
- Answered by Murat K from Clifton
- Oct 28, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
it worked with me when i go on the youtube website on safari but not the actual app because it has recently updated. when you go on the app you press the video you want to watch then it should come up with the airplay option and then if you tap that it comes up with all the possible receivers and if the tv is on the same wifi as your phone it will be on the list x
hope this helps as its how i do t
- Answered by Kiera T
- Sep 21, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Airplay will play supported video formats including purchased movies and apple lists what airplay supports in its knowledge base article. Youtube over airplay with only audio playing is likely due to the video format not being supported. Either way, using youtube icon on apple tv or mirroring from the iPhone 4S are supported to get your best playback.
Hope this helps!
- Answered by Kim B from Peterborough
- Jan 17, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
can i use apple tv with my iPhone to stream on television
- Asked by Sherri S from Virginia Beach
- Oct 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use apple tv with my iPhone to stream on television)
Is there any way to AirPlay from my iPhone 4s or iPad 3 to the new Apple TV without a wifi network? Like for presentations.
- Asked by Shannon S from Wake Forest
- Sep 21, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there any way to AirPlay from my iPhone 4s or iPad 3 to the new Apple TV without a wifi network? Like for presentations.)