These Speck cases are super-thin and light to maintain the sleek profile of your MacBook Pro. At just 1.5 mm the durable hard shell protects your MacBook from scuffs and scratches. The glossy case comes in two pieces which are easy to snap on and snap off, so you protect your MacBook on the go and show off its smooth edges. Anti-tilt rubberised feet keep your MacBook stable and secure on hard surfaces.
- Ultra-thin shell at just 1.5 mm
- Durable plastic protects from scratches and scuffs
- Sleek, glossy two-piece design easily snaps on and off
- Anti-tilt rubberised feet keep your notebook stable and secure
Did you notice?The clear, glossy finish lets the fine design of your MacBook – and the Apple logo – shine through.
Apple Recommends ForHard-shell protection that keeps your MacBook light on its feet.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Case
- Form Factor : Hard Case, Snap On
- Material : Hard Plastic
- Mfr. Part Number : SPK-A2572
- UPC or EAN No. : 848709007070
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Speck recommends cleaning your case before you put it on your MacBook and then once a month thereafter to avoid any build-up of dust or dirt. Simply wipe it with a soft, clean cloth or rinse with warm, soapy water. Before re-applying the case, make sure it’s completely dry and wipe down your Mac to remove any dust or particles.
Ratings & Reviews
Don't waste your money on this. I watched all the youtube videos about how to properly install this case on my MBP. It makes no Don't waste your money on this. I watched all the youtube videos about how to properly install this case on my MBP. It makes no difference, the retaining clips will still break. RUBBISH! …
- Written by alan K from Bromley
3 of 4 people found this useful
Disappointed with the product
At first I loved this product! I loved the color, the material and etc. Until the day came when my MacBook Pro decided to fall and At first I loved this product! I loved the color, the material and etc. Until the day came when my MacBook Pro decided to fall and the Speck case decided to fly off smashing my MacBook in the process of hitting the hard ground. I thought I loved Speck's products but guess not! …
- Written by Ally W from Mayfield
14 of 36 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
If I buy a shell for my macbook pro 13" will it still fit inside the Thule 13 striven deluxe carrying case?
- Asked by John S from Moreno Valley
- Nov 29, 2014
Yes, I have both. Its a tight fit but it can be done.
- Answered by Theresa T from Palm Harbor
- Dec 9, 2014
Does the clear case yellow with time?
- Asked by Jason M from North Las Vegas
- Sep 18, 2014
No, my mum has the clear one and it looks good a year later. However the little tabs that hold the c No, my mum has the clear one and it looks good a year later. However the little tabs that hold the case on have all fallen off and the cases no longer stays on! …
- Answered by Ayeshea S
- Sep 28, 2014
Hi i just bought a 11.6 macbook.can a case of 11' fit mine? then if not why not selling of 11.6 ? thanks.
- Asked by Mohamed S from Abudhabi
- Sep 16, 2014
Huh? What is the question? The 11" Speck shell is made for the 11" Macbook Air. The 11.6" is the act Huh? What is the question? The 11" Speck shell is made for the 11" Macbook Air. The 11.6" is the actual screen dimensions but Apple doesn't sell the Macbook Air as the 11.6" model. …
- Answered by Steven C from Browns Mills
- Sep 19, 2014
I have a sticker on my MBP case and I'm wondering if the clear case will still let the sticker be seen?
- Asked by Jessica W from Cardiff By The Sea
- Oct 16, 2014
I have a 13” Macbook Pro with a DVD player. Does the shell allow access to the DVD slot? I’m guessing no.
- Asked by Kimberly U from Poulsbo
- Aug 18, 2014
Provided you select the correct one from the product page, yes this will fit that and yes it will al Provided you select the correct one from the product page, yes this will fit that and yes it will allow access to the DVD drive, the product images verify this. …
- Answered by Alexander S
- Aug 31, 2014