These Speck cases are super-thin and light to maintain the sleek profile of your MacBook Pro. At just 1.5 mm the durable hard shell protects your MacBook from scuffs and scratches. The glossy case comes in two pieces which are easy to snap on and snap off, so you protect your MacBook on the go and show off its smooth edges. Anti-tilt rubberised feet keep your MacBook stable and secure on hard surfaces.
- Ultra-thin shell at just 1.5 mm
- Durable plastic protects from scratches and scuffs
- Sleek, glossy two-piece design easily snaps on and off
- Anti-tilt rubberised feet keep your notebook stable and secure
Did you notice?The clear, glossy finish lets the fine design of your MacBook – and the Apple logo – shine through.
Apple Recommends ForHard-shell protection that keeps your MacBook light on its feet.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Case
- Form Factor : Hard Case, Snap On
- Material : Hard Plastic
- Mfr. Part Number : SPK-A2562
- UPC or EAN No. : 848709007124
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Speck recommends cleaning your case before you put it on your MacBook and then once a month thereafter to avoid any build-up of dust or dirt. Simply wipe it with a soft, clean cloth or rinse with warm, soapy water. Before re-applying the case, make sure it’s completely dry and wipe down your Mac to remove any dust or particles.
Ratings & Reviews
I really loved it the first couple months I bought the case.
I got the bluish/green case for my mac book pro 13' and it looked gr I really loved it the first couple months I bought the case.
I got the bluish/green case for my mac book pro 13' and it looked great. But than I started to notice cracks on the bottom sides of the case. I bought the case in late November 2013, and by May 2014 I had to discard the bottom half. The cracks were mainly on both the left and right sides closest to the mouse pad. And they gradually started to grow until they chipped off making it unable to hold in place.
It is most likely because that is where I would grip my laptop when grabbing it of carrying it somewhere. But I think if it's fifty dollars than it should be more durable. …
- Written by Jessica H from Yellowknife
10 of 12 people found this useful
Not the color I expected.
I order the purple and when I received it it was a lot lighter than the photo. I think its closer to a lilac and it does look like I order the purple and when I received it it was a lot lighter than the photo. I think its closer to a lilac and it does look like a chrome lilac when on the laptop. Still very happy with it. …
- Written by Brittany L from WILTON
8 of 8 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
If I buy a shell for my macbook pro 13" will it still fit inside the Thule 13 striven deluxe carrying case?
- Asked by John S from Moreno Valley
- Nov 29, 2014
Yes, I have both. Its a tight fit but it can be done.
- Answered by Theresa T from Palm Harbor
- Dec 9, 2014
I have a sticker on my MBP case and I'm wondering if the clear case will still let the sticker be seen?
- Asked by Jessica W from Cardiff By The Sea
- Oct 16, 2014
Yes, if you have a sticker on your MBP it will be easily visible. Honestly, the case is difficult to Yes, if you have a sticker on your MBP it will be easily visible. Honestly, the case is difficult to even know it is on if you don't know what they look like. The case is crystal clear so every detail on the macbook can easily be seen. That's why I chose this case. I love the way the MBP looks and I didn't want any of it's "glory", if you will, to be hidden behind silly colors. …
- Answered by Jason G from Hamilton
- Oct 17, 2014
Does the clear case yellow with time?
- Asked by Jason M from North Las Vegas
- Sep 18, 2014
No, my mum has the clear one and it looks good a year later. However the little tabs that hold the c No, my mum has the clear one and it looks good a year later. However the little tabs that hold the case on have all fallen off and the cases no longer stays on! …
- Answered by Ayeshea S
- Sep 28, 2014
Hi i just bought a 11.6 macbook.can a case of 11' fit mine? then if not why not selling of 11.6 ? thanks.
- Asked by Mohamed S from Abudhabi
- Sep 16, 2014
Huh? What is the question? The 11" Speck shell is made for the 11" Macbook Air. The 11.6" is the act Huh? What is the question? The 11" Speck shell is made for the 11" Macbook Air. The 11.6" is the actual screen dimensions but Apple doesn't sell the Macbook Air as the 11.6" model. …
- Answered by Steven C from Browns Mills
- Sep 19, 2014
I have a 13” Macbook Pro with a DVD player. Does the shell allow access to the DVD slot? I’m guessing no.
- Asked by Kimberly U from Poulsbo
- Aug 18, 2014
Provided you select the correct one from the product page, yes this will fit that and yes it will al Provided you select the correct one from the product page, yes this will fit that and yes it will allow access to the DVD drive, the product images verify this. …
- Answered by Alexander S
- Aug 31, 2014