These Speck cases are super-thin and light to maintain the sleek profile of your MacBook Pro. At just 1.5 mm the durable hard shell protects your MacBook from scuffs and scratches. The glossy case comes in two pieces which are easy to snap on and snap off, so you protect your MacBook on the go and show off its smooth edges. Anti-tilt rubberised feet keep your MacBook stable and secure on hard surfaces.
- Ultra-thin shell at just 1.5 mm
- Durable plastic protects from scratches and scuffs
- Sleek, glossy two-piece design easily snaps on and off
- Anti-tilt rubberised feet keep your notebook stable and secure
Did you notice?The clear, glossy finish lets the fine design of your MacBook – and the Apple logo – shine through.
Apple Recommends ForHard-shell protection that keeps your MacBook light on its feet.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Case
- Form Factor : Hard Case, Snap On
- Material : Hard Plastic
- Mfr. Part Number : SPK-A2565
- UPC or EAN No. : 848709006936
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Speck recommends cleaning your case before you put it on your MacBook and then once a month thereafter to avoid any build-up of dust or dirt. Simply wipe it with a soft, clean cloth or rinse with warm, soapy water. Before re-applying the case, make sure it’s completely dry and wipe down your Mac to remove any dust or particles.
Ratings & Reviews
I never write reviews, but...
I loved this case for purely cosmetic reasons. The turquoise looks great on the computer, and I didn't want my new Macbook to be d I loved this case for purely cosmetic reasons. The turquoise looks great on the computer, and I didn't want my new Macbook to be dented and scratched like my old one. Today made me want to write a review, though. Believe it or not, I just dropped my computer out of a second story window. It fell onto concrete. The concrete had leaves, which probably helped break the fall. I panicked, but guess what. MY LAPTOP IS FINE! There are some expected scratches and dents, but the case didn't even break. I'm not saying you can throw your computer out a window, but this case is worth the money in protection. …
- Written by Lindsay W from Maryville
115 of 139 people found this useful
After buying my first macbook I figured if I'm going to be dragging this everywhere I should buy a case. I picked up this case but After buying my first macbook I figured if I'm going to be dragging this everywhere I should buy a case. I picked up this case but in black and thought it was really nice, even durable. After literally 4 days after putting the case on, the color started wearing off. The corners were turning... 4 DAYS LATER! It didn't even leave my room! Obviously I took it back, and now all the reviews for cases say this is one of the best cases. Very disappointed and for $49.99, should have better quality. Atleast wait until 30 days after, geesh. …
- Written by Katelyn T from Parkland
91 of 108 people found this useful
This is NOT worth the money that I spent on it! I love the color but the shell never stays on. It is always falling off and it is This is NOT worth the money that I spent on it! I love the color but the shell never stays on. It is always falling off and it is very flimsy. The thing is chipping away piece by piece and I just bought it 3 months ago! For this price I expected something a bit sturdier! …
- Written by Michelle F from Hazelwood
100 of 127 people found this useful
AMAZING WORTH MY MONEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i just got mine last week and it awesome its a bit darker in person but it still looks fresh and colourful it doesn't fall off , a i just got mine last week and it awesome its a bit darker in person but it still looks fresh and colourful it doesn't fall off , and it weighs the same and it looks fine theres no bumps are dents and its very secure …
- Written by Carol K from Sydney
I handle my Macbook very gently, but this case still seemed to break. When I decided to put a new case on because of the piece tha I handle my Macbook very gently, but this case still seemed to break. When I decided to put a new case on because of the piece that fell off, the entire top cracked in half. I spent $50 on a case that lasted a little over a week. Definitely money wasted. …
- Written by Amanda H from Sterling Heights
Hard, protective case
I'm not sure why so many of these reviews are negative, but I must say that I am extremely happy I bought this case. The turquoise I'm not sure why so many of these reviews are negative, but I must say that I am extremely happy I bought this case. The turquoise color is beautiful and it almost looks like the actual laptop is this pretty color. I purchased my laptop for college a few months ago and was so scared about scratching/dropping it that I bought this expensive case right out of the apple store. Since then, my MacBook has been lugged around in my backpack from class to class and it's still in perfect condition.
The only drawback to this case is that it scratches pretty easily. I have just been placing it in my backpack with notebooks and folders and there are scratches everywhere already. I know that this is mostly my fault because I should have bought a sleeve or something, but it's still sort of disappointing that it got ruined from simply sitting in my backpack. But overall it does its job well and is a solid case for a MacBook. …
- Written by Allison M from Mt. Prospect
1 of 1 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
If I buy a shell for my macbook pro 13" will it still fit inside the Thule 13 striven deluxe carrying case?
- Asked by John S from Moreno Valley
- Nov 29, 2014
Yes, I have both. Its a tight fit but it can be done.
- Answered by Theresa T from Palm Harbor
- Dec 9, 2014
Does the clear case yellow with time?
- Asked by Jason M from North Las Vegas
- Sep 18, 2014
No, my mum has the clear one and it looks good a year later. However the little tabs that hold the c No, my mum has the clear one and it looks good a year later. However the little tabs that hold the case on have all fallen off and the cases no longer stays on! …
- Answered by Ayeshea S
- Sep 28, 2014
Hi i just bought a 11.6 macbook.can a case of 11' fit mine? then if not why not selling of 11.6 ? thanks.
- Asked by Mohamed S from Abudhabi
- Sep 16, 2014
Huh? What is the question? The 11" Speck shell is made for the 11" Macbook Air. The 11.6" is the act Huh? What is the question? The 11" Speck shell is made for the 11" Macbook Air. The 11.6" is the actual screen dimensions but Apple doesn't sell the Macbook Air as the 11.6" model. …
- Answered by Steven C from Browns Mills
- Sep 19, 2014
Does this fit the white macbook 13inch 2006 0r 2008 model??
- Asked by James D from Palmerston North
- Jun 29, 2013