Combining the Jawbone UP24 wristband and the UP app on your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad, the UP system helps guide you every step of the way to a better, healthier you. First, the UP system gets to know you — tracking your activity, diet, and sleep. Then it shows you how to make simple adjustments that, over time, result in significant improvements.
Studies show that simply tracking what you eat can help you lose weight. And whether you want to shed a few pounds or just eat healthier, tracking food with UP24 is now even easier. New features include frequent meals, an enhanced calorie counter, and an expanded library of restaurant menus. There’s even a Food Score, so you can quickly see how healthy your food choices are. It’s all designed to help you make good choices about what to eat and when.
The UP system gives you an in-depth picture of your sleep. Sleep graphs let you see the good, the bad, and the rapidly improving. Use bedtime reminders, Power Nap, and Smart Alarm to get to sleep and wake up at optimal times. UP intelligently analyzes your sleep, diet, and exercise, then suggests simple changes that lead to more rest and happier days.
The UP system is like a coach that gets to know you, then guides you to make simple decisions that lead to a more active life. With precise step tracking, workout logging, and Insight Reports, UP is much more than a pedometer. Use Idle Alert to remind you to move throughout the day and add friends to your team to cheer and be cheered. When it comes to your activity goals, it doesn’t matter where you start — what’s important is where you’re headed.
How to pick your size
Wrap a string snugly around your wrist. Mark on the string where the two ends cross. Measure the string from one end to the marked place and following the size guide to determine which UP Band is right for you. Small = 5.5 to 6 inches/14 to 15.5 cm; Medium = 6 to 7 inches/15.5 to 18 cm; Large = 7 to 8 inches/18 to 20 cm.
- Log food and drink; features such as frequent meals, calorie counter, and Food Score quickly show how healthy your food choices are
- Wireless syncing for in-the-moment notifications and personalized insights that keep you moving toward sleep and activity goals
- Track Sleep including total hours, time to fall asleep, number of wake ups
- Track Activity including steps, distance, calories burned, active versus idle time
- Smart Alarm and Power Nap features wake you at the time that leaves you feeling refreshed
- Customizable Idle Alerts remind you to move
- Designed to be worn 24/7; up to seven days of battery life
- Free UP app downloadable from the App Store
Did you notice?Studies show that simply tracking what you eat can help you lose weight.
Apple Recommends ForManaging your weight, sleeping better, and staying fit with guidance from apps on your iOS device.
What's in the Box?
- UP24 by Jawbone Wristband
- Quick start guide
- Charging cable (2.5mm to USB)
- Free iOS app downloadable from the App Store
- Form Factor : Armband
- Material : Rubber
- Power Source : Battery Power
- Batteries : Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Battery life : Up to seven days
- Charge Time : Approximately 80 minutes; charged via USB charging cable
- Height : 1.97 in./5 cm (Small); 2.13 in./5.4 cm (Medium); 2.2 in./5.6 cm (Large)
- Width : 0.47 in./1.2 cm (Small); 0.47 in./1.2 cm (Medium); 0.47 in./1.2 cm (Large)
- Weight : 0.67 oz./19 g (Small); 0.78 oz./22 g (Medium); 0.81 oz./23 g (Large)
- Length : 2.6 in./6.6 cm (Small); 3 in./7.6 cm (Medium); 3.2 in./8.1 cm (Large)
- Mfr. Part Number : JL01-52M-A
- UPC or EAN No. : 847912015681
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
UP - Tracker Required (UP/UP24/UP MOVE)
There is a better version of you out there. Get UP and find it.
REQUIRES UP, UP24 or UP MOVE TRACKER. NOT COMPATIBLE WITH UP3 TRACKER. USING A SINGLE UP ACCOUNT LOGIN WILL ENSURE THAT ALL OF YOUR DATA IS SYNCED, EVEN IF YOU USE MULTIPLE UP TRACKERS.
UP® is a revolutionary system that guides you every step of the way to a better, healthier you. First, UP gets to know you—tracking your activity, diet and sleep. Next, it shows you how to make simple adjustments that, over time, add up to a whole new you.
Only the UP® system has Smart Coach. It’s like a partner in fitness—an intelligent guide that helps guide you to healthier choices each and every day. Smart Coach goes well beyond delivering measurements to show you the meaning behind the numbers.
Understand Your Diet, Sleep and Activity
Improve the quality of your days and nights through a deeper understanding of how your diet, sleep, activity and the choices you make affect your health and well-being.
Family and Friends
Get better together. When UP® community members have three or more friends on their team, they move at least 10 extra miles a month. That’s a lot of calories burned.
Connected Apps & Hardware
Sync the UP® App with hundreds of apps and devices to expand and personalize your experience and make UP work even harder for you.
Connect with Apple Health
Connect UP® to Apple’s Health to share your step and sleep data between UP® and Apple Health. Navigate to the left menu settings to turn on reading and writing of steps and sleep analysis.
- Smart Coach helps you understand what changes you should make and helps you move more everyday. When paired with UP Move, UP or UP24 fitness tracker, Smart Coach is even smarter. It uses everything it learns about your activity, sleep and food to give you deeper insights and more personalized tips to reach your goals faster.
- Set goals for steps per day and hours of sleep each night, along with a target weight.
- Log your food, drink, calories, nutrients and use the UP® App Food Score to quickly know if you are eating right so that you can reach or maintain your target weight.
- Sync the UP® App with hundreds of apps and devices to expand and personalize your experience and make UP work even harder for you.
- Add specific workouts and activity types from soccer to Zumba® to see your detailed caloric burn to get the full picture of your active life.
- Connect with your friends and family, whether they are using the UP® App with or without a tracker, so you can reach your goals together or see how you measure up on the team leaderboards.
- Smart Coach’s Today I Will feature motivates you when you need a push with personal challenges like staying hydrated or increasing your activity.
- Set an Idle Alert to increase your active time with customizable reminders at the wrist to make sure you’re moving throughout your day.
- Silently wakes you up at the optimal moment in your sleep cycle with Smart Alarm™ — so you wake up feeling refreshed.
- English, Spanish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese
Optimized for iOS 8.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. …
Ratings & Reviews
The original UP was decent and useful but did have quality problems. This new version seems to have solved some of the problems i The original UP was decent and useful but did have quality problems. This new version seems to have solved some of the problems in the original. It now has bluetooth wireless syncing, the form factor is similar but a little more stylish, and the build seems solid. Battery life is about 7 days continuously. So far, this has been a great product. …
- Written by Jonathan G from Lancaster
138 of 153 people found this useful
Was thrilled with this wristband the first three days that I had it and then the cover for the pin started falling off. Finally lo Was thrilled with this wristband the first three days that I had it and then the cover for the pin started falling off. Finally lost it on day 5 and now it will not sync. Fabulous concept but really, really poor execution. Total waste of money at this point but perhaps sometime in the future they might improve the design but for now save yourself the frustration and money. …
- Written by Barb S from Calgary
140 of 185 people found this useful
Meets all expectations. I like the design and it has been very accurate. Also, the app is very attractive and easy to navigate. Meets all expectations. I like the design and it has been very accurate. Also, the app is very attractive and easy to navigate. It's great that it can sync to My Fitness Pal. The wireless syncing technology makes the product very convenient as well. …
- Written by Jessica B from Old Saybrook
105 of 125 people found this useful
Useless don't waste your money
I am so disappointed. Trying to figure out how to use or change a setting/input on this piece is infuriating. What works one tim I am so disappointed. Trying to figure out how to use or change a setting/input on this piece is infuriating. What works one time doesn't the next, but nothing else does either so you try it again...and again...and again... After your 6th to 12th try it works! And I am computer savvy.
I quite often have to input my sleep myself because the button on the band (even though it lights up right) does not activate sleep mode! so I have to go to my iPad open it up, open the app, select sleep mode (if I can find it) and then . . . . . I am wide awake! If I have to input sleep when I wake up there is no tracking of how I slept!
Try to delete a manual input is close to impossible because it takes 3 to 24 tries (nope thus is not an exaggeration)!
I spend 6-10 hours a day on my feet working, cooking cleaning, etc but the UP shows me as idle, there is no setting for working.
If this thing can't keep an accurate count of your movements and calculate the calories what is the point? It doesn't even have calculations for a gym workout!
If I have to go in and manually change/delete anything it is an effort of uselessness!
DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!
Frustrated in AZ …
- Written by Susanne P from Green Valley
Run far away from this band!
I bought my first band on October 13, 2014. It stopped working properly on December 2, 2014. First, the alarm stopped working, th I bought my first band on October 13, 2014. It stopped working properly on December 2, 2014. First, the alarm stopped working, then out of the blue, the lights started flashing like crazy and it vibrated like 12 times and after that, no more lights, no more vibrations. The App no longer would sync and it basically was useless. And for the record, the band was always removed when water was involved and taken off my wrist as instructed. I called support. They are nice and very helpful. Joe tried every possible thing with no luck. They send me another one with a prepaid envelope to return the faulty one. 5 days later my replacement arrives.
2nd band, worked fine until today, January 30, 2015. Out of the blue, my band vibrated several times. The battery said it still had three days, but since the band was not going into awake mode, I figured it might need to be charged. I was unable to charge it! When I push the button, it vibrates twice and the sun flashes 3 times. Can't get it to do anything and now it does not sync with the App. Called support. Jill tried every possible thing, but nothing worked. She was very pleasant and tried to resolve the issue but to no avail! Sooooooo.........they will send me yet, another one! I asked what my chances of getting a refund were.........I was told they cannot refund me if I did not buy it directly through them (which I did not). They will continue to replace it if it's a manufacturer's defect. I paid over $100 for this device and if it would work for more than just 1 1/2 months, I would be a happy camper, but it's garbage!! If I could do it again, I WOULD NOT BUY the Jawbone UP 24 and suggest that anyone who is thinking about getting one rethink that!!! Maybe third time is a charm?? …
- Written by John M from Yuma
Mine worked three weeks then dead. Nice concept but question its accuracy. I put it in sleep mode and then put it on my night st Mine worked three weeks then dead. Nice concept but question its accuracy. I put it in sleep mode and then put it on my night stand for the night. The next dat it told me I only got 3 1/2 hours sleep. …
- Written by W. J. G from Avon
1 of 2 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Will UP24 work with Apple Health App?
- Asked by Ann C from New Bern
- Nov 15, 2014
I use the combination of UP with the Arugus collection, sleep and timer. All data shows on Healh Ap I use the combination of UP with the Arugus collection, sleep and timer. All data shows on Healh App. …
- Answered by Eric H from Kissimmee
- Nov 30, 2014
Does up24 work with cellular data or just strictly bluetooth?
- Asked by Melissa L from Philadelpphia
- Dec 1, 2014
While both are wireless connections, think of cellular data (3G, 4G LTE, etc.) as connecting your de While both are wireless connections, think of cellular data (3G, 4G LTE, etc.) as connecting your device (e.g. iPhone) to the "network" or ultimately, the internets. Bluetooth is used for wirelessly connecting devices to other devices - like a USB cable - mouse to computer, headset to phone.
So the UP24 is connected to your iPhone or iPad via Bluetooth. Your phone or iPad can still be connected to the internet through cellular or wifi. …
- Answered by John L from Irvine
- Dec 29, 2014
Does the band have to be on my wrist to work.? Or can I put it in my pocket etc
- Asked by Theresa G from Lol
- Jan 7, 2015
Can I charge or use up24 without a computer?
- Asked by Ronda H from Roscommon
- Dec 1, 2014
Yes - it comes with a USB charger so you can plug it in using a wall adaptor or a laptop.
- Answered by Ed C from Addlestone
- Dec 12, 2014
is this useful for logging swimming activity as well as walking?
- Asked by Katie T
- Nov 10, 2014
I wore mine kayaking one day and that was the end of it, I definitely wouldn't swim in it. Major des I wore mine kayaking one day and that was the end of it, I definitely wouldn't swim in it. Major design flaw -- how can you track your fitness if you can't wear your up band, right?! …
- Answered by Courtney J from Brandon
- Dec 6, 2014