Combining the Jawbone UP24 wristband and the UP app on your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad, the UP system helps guide you every step of the way to a better, healthier you. First, the UP system gets to know you — tracking your activity, diet, and sleep. Then it shows you how to make simple adjustments that, over time, result in significant improvements.
Studies show that simply tracking what you eat can help you lose weight. And whether you want to shed a few pounds or just eat healthier, tracking food with UP24 is now even easier. New features include frequent meals, an enhanced calorie counter, and an expanded library of restaurant menus. There’s even a Food Score, so you can quickly see how healthy your food choices are. It’s all designed to help you make good choices about what to eat and when.
The UP system gives you an in-depth picture of your sleep. Sleep graphs let you see the good, the bad, and the rapidly improving. Use bedtime reminders, Power Nap, and Smart Alarm to get to sleep and wake up at optimal times. UP intelligently analyzes your sleep, diet, and exercise, then suggests simple changes that lead to more rest and happier days.
The UP system is like a coach that gets to know you, then guides you to make simple decisions that lead to a more active life. With precise step tracking, workout logging, and Insight Reports, UP is much more than a pedometer. Use Idle Alert to remind you to move throughout the day and add friends to your team to cheer and be cheered. When it comes to your activity goals, it doesn’t matter where you start — what’s important is where you’re headed.
How to pick your size
Wrap a string snugly around your wrist. Mark on the string where the two ends cross. Measure the string from one end to the marked place and following the size guide to determine which UP Band is right for you. Small = 5.5 to 6 inches/14 to 15.5 cm; Medium = 6 to 7 inches/15.5 to 18 cm; Large = 7 to 8 inches/18 to 20 cm.
- Log food and drink; features such as frequent meals, calorie counter, and Food Score quickly show how healthy your food choices are
- Wireless syncing for in-the-moment notifications and personalized insights that keep you moving toward sleep and activity goals
- Track Sleep including total hours, time to fall asleep, number of wake ups
- Track Activity including steps, distance, calories burned, active versus idle time
- Smart Alarm and Power Nap features wake you at the time that leaves you feeling refreshed
- Customizable Idle Alerts remind you to move
- Designed to be worn 24/7; up to seven days of battery life
- Free UP app downloadable from the App Store
Did you notice?Studies show that simply tracking what you eat can help you lose weight.
Apple Recommends ForManaging your weight, sleeping better, and staying fit with guidance from apps on your iOS device.
What's in the Box?
- UP24 by Jawbone Wristband
- Quick start guide
- Charging cable (2.5mm to USB)
- Free iOS app downloadable from the App Store
- Form Factor : Armband
- Material : Rubber
- Power Source : Battery Power
- Batteries : Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Battery life : Up to seven days
- Charge Time : Approximately 80 minutes; charged via USB charging cable
- Height : 1.97 in./5 cm (Small); 2.13 in./5.4 cm (Medium); 2.2 in./5.6 cm (Large)
- Width : 0.47 in./1.2 cm (Small); 0.47 in./1.2 cm (Medium); 0.47 in./1.2 cm (Large)
- Weight : 0.67 oz./19 g (Small); 0.78 oz./22 g (Medium); 0.81 oz./23 g (Large)
- Length : 2.6 in./6.6 cm (Small); 3 in./7.6 cm (Medium); 3.2 in./8.1 cm (Large)
- Mfr. Part Number : JL01-52L-A
- UPC or EAN No. : 847912015698
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
UP - Tracker Required (UP/UP24/UP MOVE)
There is a better version of you out there. Get UP and find it.
REQUIRES UP, UP24 or UP MOVE TRACKER. NOT COMPATIBLE WITH UP2 OR UP3 TRACKER. USING A SINGLE UP ACCOUNT LOGIN WILL ENSURE THAT ALL OF YOUR DATA IS SYNCED, EVEN IF YOU USE MULTIPLE UP TRACKERS.
UP is a revolutionary system that guides you every step of the way to a better, healthier you.
Only the UP® system has Smart Coach. It’s like a partner in fitness—an intelligent guide that helps guide you to healthier choices each and every day. Smart Coach goes well beyond delivering measurements to show you the meaning behind the numbers.
Understand Your Diet, Sleep and Activity
Improve the quality of your days and nights through a deeper understanding of how your diet, sleep, activity and the choices you make affect your health and well-being.
Add Family and Friends
Get better together, build a team and push each other further.
Connected Apps & Hardware
Sync the UP® App with hundreds of apps and devices to expand and personalize your experience and make UP work even harder for you.
Connect with Apple Health
Connect UP® to Apple’s Health to share your step and sleep data between UP® and Apple Health. Navigate to the left menu settings to turn on reading and writing of steps and sleep analysis.
• Smart Coach helps you understand what changes you should make and helps you move more everyday. When paired with UP Move, UP or UP24 fitness tracker, Smart Coach is even smarter. It uses everything it learns about your activity, sleep and food to give you deeper insights and more personalized tips to reach your goals faster.
• Set goals for steps per day and hours of sleep each night, along with a target weight.
• Log your food, drink, calories, nutrients and use the UP® App Food Score to quickly know if you are eating right so that you can reach or maintain your target weight.
• Sync the UP® App with hundreds of apps and devices to expand and personalize your experience and make UP work even harder for you.
• Add specific workouts and activity types from soccer to Zumba® to see your detailed caloric burn to get the full picture of your active life.
• Connect with your friends and family, whether they are using the UP® App with or without a tracker, so you can reach your goals together or see how you measure up on the team leaderboards.
• Smart Coach’s Today I Will feature motivates you when you need a push with personal challenges like staying hydrated or increasing your activity.
• Set an Idle Alert to increase your active time with customizable reminders at the wrist to make sure you’re moving throughout your day.
• Silently wakes you up at the optimal moment in your sleep cycle with Smart Alarm™ — so you wake up feeling refreshed.
English, Spanish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese
Optimized for iOS 8. …
Ratings & Reviews
The UP24 (which is Gen3) was released in Nov 2013 and I purchased mine shortly thereafter. If you're not reviewing this product an The UP24 (which is Gen3) was released in Nov 2013 and I purchased mine shortly thereafter. If you're not reviewing this product and complaining about the first two gens of the band, what's the point? Pay no attention to the reviews regarding the original versions of the UP prior to Nov 2013, which did have quality issues and lack of wireless sync, as they skew this product which is infinitely improved. I also considered the Fitbit Flex/Force, but the app and integration with Strava and IFTTT (and other apps) made the UP24 a no brainer for me. Works flawlessly and does exactly what I need it to do... …
- Written by Alan S from Gilbert
93 of 107 people found this useful
Best product on market today
I had the FitBit and several of my colleagues have the Nike Fuel Band, but the third generation JawBone is the best out right now. I had the FitBit and several of my colleagues have the Nike Fuel Band, but the third generation JawBone is the best out right now. My wife and I just each got one and we love ours. A couple of our good friends also have them and love them.
Agree with other reviewer that previous generations did have issues, but they have been fixed in latest generation. …
- Written by Kristopher F from Chicago
59 of 68 people found this useful
Absolute junk - failed in two weeks
I read not to get the UP wet, only charge from my Mac Book Pro ports etc and treated it very carefully, exactly as directed. After I read not to get the UP wet, only charge from my Mac Book Pro ports etc and treated it very carefully, exactly as directed. After one week it started waking me up at midnight each night with an alert that it could no longer sync to the app, to please open the app. Each time the app was already open but the band refused to communicate for ten minutes at midnight.
Then it randomly refused to connect via Bluetooth and ignored my switch to night mode so that it was daytime mode (and somehow counting steps when I slept!) all the time.
Reviews ARE RIGHT! This product is a serious lemon. Why is Apple selling something with such overwhelmingly poor reviews both here and on Amazon and Jawbones own forums?
We tried soft resets and hard to zero success. We removed the app and tried everything. It didn't solve a single issue. …
- Written by Sally W from Suwanee
69 of 102 people found this useful
AVOID, POOR QUALITY AND HIGH FAILURE RATE
I am in the same club as many others posting here, I have just had my 3rd band in 9 months fail. Bought my 1st band in March and I am in the same club as many others posting here, I have just had my 3rd band in 9 months fail. Bought my 1st band in March and it failed in June, replacement band failed in September, and the replacement for that band just failed. Jawbone is great about sending replacements, but who wants to keep replacing this every 3 months! It's a shame because it's great when it works. …
- Written by Stephen S from Corona Del Mar
5 of 5 people found this useful
Best wearable tracker out there
Jawbone's UP24 wristbands are the best wearable trackers on the market. The accuracy is great, the app is gorgeous, the stats are Jawbone's UP24 wristbands are the best wearable trackers on the market. The accuracy is great, the app is gorgeous, the stats are easy to understand, and the band itself is both attractive and easy to wear. Much better than Fitbit Flex! …
- Written by Aly L from Washington
3 of 3 people found this useful
The band itself is very well made and works well. However the supporting software is worse than a chocolate firegard! Full of bug The band itself is very well made and works well. However the supporting software is worse than a chocolate firegard! Full of bugs and doesn't even pick up steps and sleep pattern. It's utterly useless.
Sync it with IOS8 health and works well. Get a v accurate step reading but that's it.
Until they sort out the software don't waste your money.
Jawbone get it sorted!! …
- Written by Richard C from LEEDS
10 of 10 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Does up24 work with cellular data or just strictly bluetooth?
- Asked by Melissa L from Philadelpphia
- Dec 1, 2014
While both are wireless connections, think of cellular data (3G, 4G LTE, etc.) as connecting your de While both are wireless connections, think of cellular data (3G, 4G LTE, etc.) as connecting your device (e.g. iPhone) to the "network" or ultimately, the internets. Bluetooth is used for wirelessly connecting devices to other devices - like a USB cable - mouse to computer, headset to phone.
So the UP24 is connected to your iPhone or iPad via Bluetooth. Your phone or iPad can still be connected to the internet through cellular or wifi. …
- Answered by John L from Irvine
- Dec 29, 2014
Does the band have to be on my wrist to work.? Or can I put it in my pocket etc
- Asked by Theresa G from Lol
- Jan 7, 2015
Can we connect to Bluetooth headphones while connected to Jawbone Up24?
- Asked by Mallikarjuna Rao K from Klemzig
- Dec 29, 2014
Can I charge or use up24 without a computer?
- Asked by Ronda H from Roscommon
- Dec 1, 2014
Yes - it comes with a USB charger so you can plug it in using a wall adaptor or a laptop.
- Answered by Ed C from Addlestone
- Dec 12, 2014
is this useful for logging swimming activity as well as walking?
- Asked by Katie T
- Nov 10, 2014
I wore mine kayaking one day and that was the end of it, I definitely wouldn't swim in it. Major des I wore mine kayaking one day and that was the end of it, I definitely wouldn't swim in it. Major design flaw -- how can you track your fitness if you can't wear your up band, right?! …
- Answered by Courtney J from Brandon
- Dec 6, 2014