The Harman Kardon Aura Wireless Home Speaker System combines a stylish appearance with superb sound. Featuring six 1.5 inch high- and mid-range drivers and a 4.5 inch subwoofer, the speaker system delivers 360-degree sound. Designed to meet all your audio needs, Aura boasts built-in Bluetooth technology to stream audio from your Bluetooth devices, WiFi for Apple AirPlay and DLNA streaming on your home network.
Designed with aesthetics in mind, the Aura speaker system features a premium cloth grill and a transparent enclosure, which lets you see inside to the subwoofer and its custom-built metal housing and illuminating LED. Use the Harman Kardon Remote app to guide you through a simplified set-up, giving you full control over your wireless Harman Kardon system.
- Six mid- to high-range 1.5 inch drivers for accurate, omni-directional sound and a 4.5 inch subwoofer for rich, powerful bass
- Custom, stereo-widening DSP audio technology engineered for room-filling, full-frequency sound
- Built-in Bluetooth technology lets you wirelessly stream audio from Bluetooth-enabled devices
- Built-in Apple AirPlay system with easy set-up for your Apple devices and DLNA for Windows and Android
- Customised Harman Kardon Remote app allows for easy set-up and added connectivity
Did you notice?The speaker features custom DSP audio technology for high-quality, room-filling sound.
Apple Recommends ForExperience rich wireless sound for the music on your iPod, iPhone, iPad, or Mac.
What's in the Box?
- Harman Kardon Aura Wireless Home Speaker System
- AC adaptor
- Quick-start guide
- Frequency Response : 50Hz – 20KHz
- Input Type : 3.5mm Stereo Jack
- Other Features : AirPlay, Bluetooth
- Connections : AirPlay, Bluetooth
- Speaker Configurations : Stereo
- Power Source : AC
- Height : 27.5 cm/10.8 in.
- Width : 21.5 cm/8.46 in.
- Weight : 2.28 kg
- Length : 21.5 cm/8.46 in.
- Mfr. Part Number : HKAURAAPBLKAM
- UPC or EAN No. : 282922632624
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
Harman Kardon Remote
Control and enhance your Harman Kardon products with this remote control and music player app. This is the centerpiece of your Harman Kardon ecosystem.
> Device Remote Control
Easily control all of your network-enabled Harman Kardon products.
> Music Streaming
Wirelessly stream content to your Harman Kardon products.
> Music Player
Manage your music content with custom playlists then play and control it straight from the app.
Compatible Models: Aura, Onyx, SB26, Sabre SB35, Go+Play Wireless, AVR 170, AVR 1700, AVR 270, AVR 2700, AVR 370, AVR 3700, AVR151, AVR1510, AVR161, AVR1610, AVR171, AVR1710, BDS 275, BDS 575, BDS 277, BDS 577.
Visit harmankardon.com and check for the latest firmware update for your Harman Kardon product to assure compatibility with this app.
Note that Harman Kardon products that use wired network connections only, such as the AVR “x70” Series A/V Receivers and the Harman Kardon BDS "x75/77" Series Home Theater systems need to a wired Ethernet connection to your home network access point (router) in order to be discovered by this app. Control Wi-Fi-enabled products such as the AVR 370, AVR 3700 by connecting the product to your home network via wire or wirelessly. …
800-908-988 or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
Ultimate Speaker for all occasions!
This HK Aura will serious make you rethink about all of your speakers that you ever have in your possession! the 360 omnidirection This HK Aura will serious make you rethink about all of your speakers that you ever have in your possession! the 360 omnidirectional speakers truly live up to what it says. Don't worry the bass isn't a loser at all...you can download the Harman Kardon App to adjust the bass as you wish and everything will be up to you to play. With the only speakers that I know now that carries both Bluetooth and AirPlay in the same device, I personally think this is the speaker to go for...no matter where you place it, the sound is perfect wherever it is placed...love it so much that I'm planning on buying extra ones around the house so that I can link it all up together! …
- Written by Kosit C from Santa Cruz
27 of 30 people found this useful
Great sounding system
The HK Aura is a great sounding speaker system. The mid and treble ranges are well-defined and the bass range is crisp and clear, The HK Aura is a great sounding speaker system. The mid and treble ranges are well-defined and the bass range is crisp and clear, even, surprisingly, at low volumes. Musical styles from classical to singer/songwriter to Nine Inch Nails all sound great, especially for such a small system.
Streaming music from iTunes to the Aura plus an Airport Express is seamless, with no noticeable delay between the receiver (hooked up to the Airport) in one room and the Aura in another. …
- Written by Ben B from ARLINGTON HEIGHTS
23 of 23 people found this useful
Great Sound, Beautiful Design
The Harman/Kardon Aura, is one of the best wireless speakers available today. Priced at a reasonable $400, it is neither horrendou The Harman/Kardon Aura, is one of the best wireless speakers available today. Priced at a reasonable $400, it is neither horrendously overpriced nor what would be considered cheap. Its size is about the same as the box for a small~medium coffee-making machine. However, don't let its small footprint fool you. Its size belies the sound it produces, easily filling my 20x12 foot bedroom with beautiful crisp omnidirectional sound. With treble that does not roll off too much at highest frequencies, smooth natural mids, and punchy but not boomy bass, the Aura is a solid performer at any price point. At high levels there is no distortion, although I hesitate to really dial up the volume past ~60-70% since the sound becomes unnecessarily loud and unhealthy for your ears. It has a easily tunable bass boost with the HK Remote app from the App Store as well as small-step volume control. Connectivity features include Bluetooth apt-x and Airplay as well as DLNA and a 3.5mm auxiliary input to connect your Macbook's headphone out. Listening at low volumes is equally fun as at high levels, as the sound is crystal clear and not muffled even at 20% or less. Once set up, the Airplay connection is quite good and I have yet to experience any audio lag or dropouts. The Bluetooth input is equally good. Lastly, I would like to mention the design. It is reminiscent of the HK iSub from the iconic HK Soundsticks, though obviously the build quality is a step up. It has a premium cloth-covered grill, glass cover and sound tube and LED lighting to indicate operational/volume status. I would wholeheartedly recommend the Aura to anyone in the market for an Airplay speaker that is both well designed and capable of reproducing great sound. …
- Written by Vincent L from Burnaby
23 of 26 people found this useful
Excellent sound quality, but TERRIBLE TERRIBLE connection and app.
1. Sound quality is among the best at 400 price level.
2. 360 angle distribution of sound. (This is really nice)
3. Beau Pro:
1. Sound quality is among the best at 400 price level.
2. 360 angle distribution of sound. (This is really nice)
3. Beautiful design.
1. Wifi (Airplay) function is practically broken. Very picky on your router... I tried three most updated routers, only one can pair with this speaker.
2. Bluetooth connection is slightly better than the wifi, but still not close to competing products. You have to manually connect to your bluetooth device every time...
3. The App for remote control is horrible.... you have to wait for 10s for the connection before you can adjust your volume.... which is nuts....
4. BTW, You can only adjust the bass in the stupid app.
5. I don't know if it is due to connection issues, the sound sometimes go to very low....
Conclusion: For speaker functionality, it is very good and the speaker is absolutely beautiful. It is also very well built. However, HK company should really fire their wireless connection department, they did a horrible job for the wifi, bluetooth and app. I really wanna to keep it, but sadly, I'm cannot stand the poor connections.
I would give the speaker 5 stars for the speaker part and 0 star for the wireless part. Since one major selling point is the wireless connectivity, I decided in total give it a 2 stars. …
- Written by ROGER R from Montreal
2 of 2 people found this useful
Bought them, tested them ... And returned them
Nice design but serious latency problems even with a super fast and reliable wi-fi network. Cannot compare to "wired" speakers. So Nice design but serious latency problems even with a super fast and reliable wi-fi network. Cannot compare to "wired" speakers. Sorry Harman: an overall very disappointing experience for me. …
- Written by Michel K from Milwaukee
1 of 2 people found this useful
Nice, but will be going back.
I really like this speaker a lot. Sounds really good and has great features. It also looks great on my shelf. My main problem is t I really like this speaker a lot. Sounds really good and has great features. It also looks great on my shelf. My main problem is that when you are using one audio source. All the other sources stay active. What I mean by that, I am using the speaker linked to my PC with an AUX cable, but the bluetooth stays on in pairing mode, you can not disable it. This is a problem for me as I live in an apartment and I do not like the idea of anybody that can detect this speaker be able to connect to it. Not for any security reasons, But one can simply connect to it and start blasting their music at max level during night time and the only control you will have over it is to simply unplug it or turn it off! Also, if you are not using it in WIFI mode, the wifi light stays blinking fast until it connects to a wifi network! It gets very annoying very quick that the light is always blinking and you can not turn it off. I know I could probably put a black tape on top but thats not a solution when you just spent $400 on this speaker.
Maybe if you live in a big house and the bluetooth signal does not reach beyond the walls of your house then it will be ok as no random person will be able to connect to it. But in my case, this is a no-no.
I will keep an eye on it and probably purchase it again if HK decide to release an firmware update to give you the option to turn off bluetooth AND WIFI if you are not using them. AND/OR have some kind of way to not have the speaker always in pairing mode if you are not using bluetooth. I already have sent them my feedback about this and hopefully they will fix it. Other than that, it is going back for now. …
- Written by Ali K from Honolulu
8 of 9 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
So how do you get rid of the dust that is bound to be piled up through the funnel?
- Asked by Tan Yau L
- Feb 6, 2014
Turn it off, then use some kind of vacuum/suction device that can fit inside.
- Answered by Vincent L from Burnaby
- Feb 7, 2014
If you are sitting at a desk, where do you place it for stereo sound? (On the floor? Behind you/in front of you, etc.?)
- Asked by Jonathan R from Boston
- Mar 23, 2014
- Asked by David S from Beverly Hills
- Feb 11, 2014
The speakers are built in around the bottom. I had the soundsticks, and these blow those out of the The speakers are built in around the bottom. I had the soundsticks, and these blow those out of the water. …
- Answered by Myers P from Salt Lake City
- Feb 13, 2014