Speck cases are super-thin and light to maintain the sleek profile of your MacBook Air. At just 1.5 mm the durable hard shell protects your MacBook from scuffs and scratches. The matte case comes in two pieces which are easy to snap on and snap off, so you can protect your MacBook on the go. Anti-tilt rubberised feet keep your MacBook stable and secure on hard surfaces.
- Ultra-thin shell at just 1.5 mm
- Durable plastic protects from scratches and scuffs
- Smooth matte two-piece design easily snaps on and off
- Anti-tilt rubberised feet keep your notebook stable and secure
Did you notice?Rubber feet provide added stability and protection for your MacBook.
Apple Recommends ForProtecting your MacBook in matte style.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Satin Case
- Form Factor : Hard Case
- Material : Hard Plastic
- Mfr. Part Number : SPK-A2179
- UPC or EAN No. : HC997ZM/B
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
Ratings & Reviews
Doesn't even snap on
I just purchased and returned the Satin Case from the apple store today. The reason being is that the bottom case does not even fu I just purchased and returned the Satin Case from the apple store today. The reason being is that the bottom case does not even fully snap on! I could get 3 clips to work but the last clip just won't snap on!
I asked the Apple specialist to help me out and even she couldn't do it. We tried it on a macbook air on the floor and on that model, she only 2 of the front clips snapped on. We went through 3 other cases (1 the same color, 1 clear and 1 teal) from the same company before we finally gave up. I'm surprised apple is selling these in-store when they don't even work for the computer.
The one star is for the nice apple employee that helped me :) otherwise it would be none because the product just plainly doesn't work. …
- Written by Tze chang kevin C from Surrey
93 of 98 people found this useful
I purchased one of these Speck cases last year with my new MacBook Air. We use this laptop a couple of times a month, so this is n I purchased one of these Speck cases last year with my new MacBook Air. We use this laptop a couple of times a month, so this is not something that is receiving heavy use. The Speck case has cracked and is falling apart. I cannot imagine how soon this case would have failed is this laptop was getting used daily! Very poor quality for a pricey case, I am very disappointed! …
- Written by John Michael H from McCordsville
72 of 74 people found this useful
Save your receipt
One snap on the bottom broke off within 1-2 months of purchase, which then resulted in movement/other pieces breaking, to the poin One snap on the bottom broke off within 1-2 months of purchase, which then resulted in movement/other pieces breaking, to the point where the bottom would not stay attached. Unfortunately, I did not save my receipt, so the manufacturer would not stand by their product and replace the broken/defective bottom half. …
- Written by eric A from Grafton
61 of 64 people found this useful
The clips break off after a few months of use. I would not recommend this case. The quality is not worth the price.
- Written by Steven T from Calgary
1 of 1 people found this useful
Looks nice, poor quality
Nice looking case with a nice feel to it. However having used the product for only two days, the rear clips on the base (above por Nice looking case with a nice feel to it. However having used the product for only two days, the rear clips on the base (above ports) snapped meaning the case doesn't fit properly. As the product was delivered with the box damaged there are scratches on the case that will not come off. Very disapointed with it, being returned ASAP. …
- Written by Ashley D from Oswestry
4 of 4 people found this useful
Very Poor Product
Overpriced, brittle and broken
- Written by David A from Glasgow
2 of 2 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Can the case affect cooling? I.e. cause overheating?
- Asked by Rkg E from Edinburgh
- Mar 10, 2013
no, the cooling vent is not covered
- Answered by David S
- Apr 9, 2013
Does this block the new dual mic on the MacBook Air 13" 2013?
- Asked by Marc P
- Jun 18, 2013
No. It does not block the new dual mic on the MBA 13" 2013. I bought this case today and I can confi No. It does not block the new dual mic on the MBA 13" 2013. I bought this case today and I can confirm the case fits the latest generation of MBA. …
- Answered by Kevin H from Killarney Hts
- Aug 28, 2013
Does it fit a 2009 macbook air model A1304?
- Asked by Ashley T from Los Lunas
- Sep 12, 2013
No answers yet