The Philips Clock Dock serves as an alarm clock, docking station and charger for up to two of your iOS devices. With a Lightning connector, the Clock Dock allows you to play music and sync with the clock on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. The Clock Dock also has an additional USB slot for charging a second device.
- MP3 link for portable music playback
- Auto clock synchronisation
- Contemporary design with moulded leather texture
- Additional USB slot for charging a second device
- Dual alarm capability
Did you notice?The additional USB slot allows you to charge a second device.
Apple Recommends ForPeople looking for an alarm clock with iOS docking and speaker functionalities.
What's in the Box?
- Mains lead
- Instruction manual
- Speaker Configurations : Stereo
- Drivers : 2
- Power Source : AC
- Height : 13.8 cm
- Width : 26 cm
- Weight : 1.34 kg
- Length : 18.5 cm
- Mfr. Part Number : AJ7050D/37
- UPC or EAN No. : 8712581579616
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
Ratings & Reviews
Very poor low volume audio quality
I bought this dock with the intention of using it as a bedside clock however the speakers are extremely poor at low volume. Listen I bought this dock with the intention of using it as a bedside clock however the speakers are extremely poor at low volume. Listening at low volume the audio sounded like a badly tuned FM radio with a constant hissing and distortion to the sound.
I assumed this was a faulty unit so returned it but when the replacement arrived it suffered the exact same issue.
The hissing even continues even when audio is not playing which is infuriating for a bedside clock!
Another minor quibble is that you can adjust the clock brightness but every time you turn the speakers on it resets to maximum and you then have to adjust it again.
I've since bought another Philips clock dock which is excellent but I would not recommend this model. …
- Written by Matt L from Ipswich
Great looking, great sound & price
Just received this today so early, but did research a lot of lightning connector options on Apple and elsewhere before buying.
Th Just received this today so early, but did research a lot of lightning connector options on Apple and elsewhere before buying.
The sound is very good, the lightning connection is excellent, and actually swivels to allow fit with cases. I've tried it with my iPod Nano and iPad Mini and fit is perfect, and the sound quality is really very good. Also looks great. Clock syncs when you attach your device.
Only downside so far is working out how to set up and presets - had to read the manual! …
- Written by Stephen W from Oakville
16 of 20 people found this useful
Large and flimsy
Product is poorly constructed. Very cheap looking patterned plastic. Extremely large and quite impractical as an alarm clock. If I Product is poorly constructed. Very cheap looking patterned plastic. Extremely large and quite impractical as an alarm clock. If I had seen this product before purchasing I would not have even considered it as an option.
Charging dock is already starting to fail only after 3 uses. Apple will not help with after sale care. Have to deal with manufacturer. …
- Written by Mathew B from TARINGA
14 of 17 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Will the Philips Clock Dock work w IPhone 5 in Otterbox?
- Asked by Laura R from Lansdale
- Mar 24, 2014
Does this work while using a Lifeproof Fre case on a 5S? Also, is audio from iPhone played through the speakers while the phone is docked?
- Asked by Monica H from Fayetteville
- Feb 13, 2014
is this item (Philips Clock Dock) compatible with iPad Air
- Asked by Gary R
- Nov 14, 2013
It should as this dock uses the same Lightning Connector as the iPad Air.
- Answered by Kayne S from Tamworth
- Jan 8, 2014
does it charge the ipod at the same time
- Asked by Elaine S
- Dec 21, 2013
- Answered by Steve P
- Dec 26, 2013