The Bose QuietComfort 20i are high performance in-ear headphones with noise reduction, designed to improve the listening experience in everyday use. They give you more control over how you listen than ever before, in all kinds of environments. Block the outside world with full-on noise reduction or choose Aware mode and let some of it in - all while keeping your headphones on and your music alive with lifelike Bose sound.
Your music’s even easier to enjoy when you're not fussing with your headphones. Bose’s StayHear+ tips create a soft, secure fit. The mushroom shape spreads contact evenly across the ear for maximum comfort and forms a gentle seal that contributes to the headphones’ full-spectrum noise reduction.
- Active noise reduction
- Aware mode
- Soft, secure fit provides maximum comfort with full-spectrum noise reduction
Did you notice?The headphones will block out the noise of even the noisiest environments thanks to StayHear+ eartips and noise-cancelling technology.
Apple Recommends ForLosing yourself in music: the noise-cancelling features are immersive, while Aware mode will keep you in touch with the world around you.
What's in the Box?
- Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling headphones
- Charging USB Cable
- Small and Large StayHear+ Tip
- Other Features : Active Noise Cancelling, Foldable, With Mic, With Remote and Mic, Inline Volume Control, Noise Cancelling, Sound Isolating, Stereo
- Form Factor : In Ear
- Cable Length : 132 cm
- Weight : 44 g
- Mfr. Part Number : 362544-0010
- UPC or EAN No. : 017817607223
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
800-908-988 or Chat now
iPod classic 80GB/160GB (2007)
iPod classic 120GB (2008)
iPod classic 160GB (2009)
iPod nano 1st Generation
iPod nano 2nd Generation
iPod nano 3rd Generation (video)
iPod nano 4th Generation (video)
iPod nano 5th Generation (video camera)
iPod nano 6th Generation
iPod nano 7th Generation
iPod shuffle 3rd Generation
iPod shuffle 4th Generation
iPod touch 3rd Generation
iPod touch 4th Generation
iPod touch 5th Generation 32GB/64GB
iPod touch 5th Generation 16GB
Ratings & Reviews
Bought these from a Bose store in the states and they haven't missed a beat, literally. The sound is great and the noise cancellin Bought these from a Bose store in the states and they haven't missed a beat, literally. The sound is great and the noise cancelling amazing, easily comparable to any over ear competitor if not better. Love and use them everyday. …
- Written by Ross D from Calgary
63 of 68 people found this useful
I haven't had these that long, but I have to say my first impressions are that they are absolutely amazing headphones! The sound I haven't had these that long, but I have to say my first impressions are that they are absolutely amazing headphones! The sound quality is unlike anything I have ever heard out of a set of in-ear headphones. I purchased these as replacements for what I was using because I wanted better sound quality, a snugger fit, comfort, and of course the noise cancelling ability. I was pleasantly surprised by how well the noise cancelling feature worked, but even without it turned on, the QC20i's still provide the wearer an auditory experience worth the cost. The sound produced by these headphones is out of this world! There is plenty of deep, rich bass when there needs to be, but also crystal clear mid and high notes. My only complaint is that I didn't purchase these sooner. …
- Written by Mathew L from Saint Robert
47 of 50 people found this useful
This is the one to get. Period!
I have the QC-15s and the only reason I had not used them more regularly is simple- bulk. With the 20i you have a package that lit I have the QC-15s and the only reason I had not used them more regularly is simple- bulk. With the 20i you have a package that literally will go with you anywhere and performance that is 95% of what the 15's provide. No question the price is also top of the line. However, in this case, it is completely worth it. …
- Written by William F. B from SAINT PETERSBURG
43 of 46 people found this useful
Awesome sound but some functionality and compatibility issues
While Bose is at the top of the chart for noise cancelling technology, I couldn't give these headphones 5 stars for the following While Bose is at the top of the chart for noise cancelling technology, I couldn't give these headphones 5 stars for the following reasons.
1. When the battery runs out, the sound keeps going (Bonus over QC15) however sound quality is seriously degraded. Not so bad considering the battery life but if you are on a long or double flight, you better hope for USB on the plane or bring a usb battery.
2. The short 90 degree jack is a bit difficult to unplug to the point of needing to dig fingernails into the rubber to pry it off
3. Not compatible with smart case (at least not with iPad mini smart case) - the hole is just a bit too small for the jack. Apple doesn't appear to offer any official extension that supports the microphone / volume function either making it tough to combine the iPad with excellent protection from the smart case AND these amazing earphones
4. The battery pack can be a in the way, especially if you want to tuck your device into a pocket or even walk with it as it tends to dangle and since the jack is at a 90 degree angle, it will pull on it slightly - recommend folding it up against the back of the device perhaps but then you'll find it tricky to take it out say if you had it in your pocket.
So sound quality and noise cancelling - top notch. Execution / functionality unfortunately needs some work. The fact that it is not compatible with the smart case is simply silly especially in an airplane when you want the stand functionality as well as the noise cancelling. …
- Written by Philippe C from Heanor
It will surprise you. Stunning!
I own a QC15 which I found to be most comfortable after trying many noise cancelling alternatives (including the QC3). I bought an I own a QC15 which I found to be most comfortable after trying many noise cancelling alternatives (including the QC3). I bought an Mie2 to replace my previous in-ear earphones for wearing on short trips such as the train etc. When I saw the QC20i, I knew I had to try it and I expected it to be as comfortable as the tips of the Mie2.
The QC20i tips have a snugger fit than those of the Mie2. Having used them for extended periods now I can say they remain comfortable because they don't push into the ear canal. Only catch is I still find myself pushing the extended bits into the grooves of my ears when I put them on.
The thing that amazed me most was the noise cancelling. I found it superior to the QC15 which I thought was already pretty good. The snug fit of the tips probably helped block out some of the noise.
The best part for me is the QC20i have replaced both my QC15 and Mie2. The size of the QC15 and its reliance on battery makes it inconvenient for short trips. The QC20i will pass through music without having to be turned on which means I can use them all the time and only turn on noise cancelling when needed.
I have been recommending these to anyone who asks and work with many colleagues who are also happy owners. It's well worth buying, even with the considerably high price tag. …
- Written by Anna N from Edensor Park
Superb, thoroughly recommended
Had these for six weeks now, they are comfortable over long periods (like 14-hour flights), they stay in place in the gym and the Had these for six weeks now, they are comfortable over long periods (like 14-hour flights), they stay in place in the gym and the noise cancellation and sound quality are superb. Battery pack is a little strange but easily managed. I'm very happy with them. …
- Written by Jon T from Haslemere
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
compatability with ipad air ?
- Asked by Joe L from Como
- Feb 5, 2014
The Bose QuietComfort 20i is compatible with any iOS Device (iPhone/iPad/iPod), including iPad Air.
- Answered by Kai C from Sunshine Coast
- Feb 21, 2014
What is the battery life of the 20i headphones? And is the battery replaceable (factory or user) as the battery capacity diminishes over time?
- Asked by Friedrich H from Mountain View
- Dec 3, 2013
Friedrich, I've had mine for about two months now and have not yet experienced the rechargeable batt Friedrich, I've had mine for about two months now and have not yet experienced the rechargeable battery running out of power during extended use. I work in the Middle East and frequently fly back and forth to the US. My 20i earphones continued to deliver on 14 hour flights. The thing I love about them is that you can keep them in your ear while you sleep; the noise suppression is superior and I use them even when the music is off. Mine replaced QC15s, which were good, but uncomfortable to wear while trying to sleep on a plane. They obviously pack a lot easier than larger headphones as well.
The USB charging cable works great from either an outlet or a laptop and you can even power them via a laptop USB while wearing them if you want. The green LED tells you when it is charging and when charged.
From my perspective, Bose had to decide how much to limit the the size of the noise-cancelling module; I've read several reviews with people saying it is already too big. For me though it is OK, a necessity for the noise-cancelling capability. If it was designed to accommodate a AAA or other removable battery, I suspect it would then be too big.
My 20i earphones are just perfect for me. The battery life meets all of my requirements and ease of recharging keeps the set fully charged when I need it. They are pricey, but they are Bose; you get what you pay for. The bottom line is that they work great! I hope this helps answer your question. …
- Answered by William R from Fpo
- Dec 22, 2013
Can I charge from the wall using the included microsub cable and an apple wall adapter (eg, the 5W iPhone or 12W iPad wall adapter)?
- Asked by David C from Berkeley
- Oct 14, 2013
I plugged them into my iPhone charger USB slot and it charged fine and fast in my opinion.
- Answered by Simone S
- Nov 14, 2013
Can I use it with my computer that is not an Apple?
- Asked by Suzanne A from Carson City
- Sep 17, 2013
Bose do a non-Apple version of the same product - it's called the 20 instead of 20i.
- Answered by Amit L
- Dec 13, 2013
Do these require batteries?
- Asked by Andrew B from Carson City
- Aug 13, 2013
It has a built in rechargeable battery that you use a USB cable to charge it. (included)
- Answered by Jacob F from New York
- Aug 17, 2013