These Speck cases are super-thin and light to maintain the sleek profile of your MacBook Pro. At just 1.5 mm the durable hard shell protects your MacBook from scuffs and scratches. The glossy case comes in two pieces which are easy to snap on and snap off, so you protect your MacBook on the go and show off its smooth edges. Anti-tilt rubberised feet keep your MacBook stable and secure on hard surfaces.
- Ultra-thin shell at just 1.5 mm
- Durable plastic protects from scratches and scuffs
- Sleek, glossy two-piece design easily snaps on and off
- Anti-tilt rubberised feet keep your notebook stable and secure
Did you notice?The clear, glossy finish lets the fine design of your MacBook – and the Apple logo – shine through.
Apple Recommends ForHard-shell protection that keeps your MacBook light on its feet.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Case
- Form Factor : Hard Case, Snap On
- Material : Hard Plastic
- Mfr. Part Number : SPK-A2401
- UPC or EAN No. : 848709005298
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Speck recommends cleaning your case before you put it on your MacBook and then once a month thereafter to avoid any build-up of dust or dirt. Simply wipe it with a soft, clean cloth or rinse with warm, soapy water. Before re-applying the case, make sure it’s completely dry and wipe down your Mac to remove any dust or particles.
Ratings & Reviews
Like A Glove
I bought this product a couple weeks ago and i am impressed with it so far. I wanted something on my macbook pro retina to protect I bought this product a couple weeks ago and i am impressed with it so far. I wanted something on my macbook pro retina to protect from simple scratches. The reason why i like this case is because its clear (see through) i like the look of the mac the way it is. I have also read that you need to watch out for hard cases because they can scratch your machine because dirt and debris can get in between your computer and the case. While some lint and small particles do get in there, all you gotta do is periodically take off the case and wipe down your computer. The case pops on and off with out damaging or scratching the computer. Overall i would defiantly recommend this product if your on the market for a slim sleek case for your new macbook pro retina 13 inch. …
- Written by keith C from coventry
166 of 176 people found this useful
Does what it's suppose to, protect from scratches. It did exactly that when i dropped one of my tools on it. Scratched the case bu Does what it's suppose to, protect from scratches. It did exactly that when i dropped one of my tools on it. Scratched the case but not the mac. Worth every penny! …
- Written by Darko P from Etobicoke
105 of 111 people found this useful
I just bought my new Macbook Pro with retina and this case is the best thing i could have bought. It fits just like a glove and is I just bought my new Macbook Pro with retina and this case is the best thing i could have bought. It fits just like a glove and is so good on the eyes. Please get this if you have a macbook pro. …
- Written by Jennie U from Inglewood
102 of 112 people found this useful
DOES NOT FIT!!
i got this case for my 13 inch 2015 macbook pro with retina display and the top cover does not fit!! DO NOT BUY
- Written by Thomas D from JACKASS FLAT
0 of 1 people found this useful
I bought this case in the blue color & after about a month, one of the bottom corners had already chipped off. It gets dust & dirt I bought this case in the blue color & after about a month, one of the bottom corners had already chipped off. It gets dust & dirt in through the opening on the bottom & scratches very easily. I love Speck iPhone cases but the quality of this shell is worth about $5, definitely not $50... …
- Written by Abigail B from Summerville
0 of 1 people found this useful
After buying the speck I had to return it because the mold was bad and simply did not fit my Macbook Pro Retina. I contacted Apple After buying the speck I had to return it because the mold was bad and simply did not fit my Macbook Pro Retina. I contacted Apple and they gladly replaced it, however I received the replacement today and after installing the case about 5 hours ago, a crack has appeared at the corner of the top case. A CRACK! There has been no bumps or jars to cause the crack what-so-ever. I could understand if I was rough with the machine, but I'm extremely careful. This is quite ridiculous.
I don't know whether to get another replacement or to jump ship and find something that will last more than a day. At this point I'm wondering how this piece of plastic was worth the $60. I expected a quality product because I was buying from the Apple store. …
- Written by Brittaney E from Rockhampton
1 of 2 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
I'm wondering whether Spec 13" smartshell case with Herschel supply co. 13" anchor sleeve works for the new macbook pro retina.
- Asked by Jonghee C from Seoul
- May 18, 2015
is the blue case darker in person? The website shows it as a turquoise color.
- Asked by Joshua A from Miramar
- Jul 7, 2013
Yes it is. It has more of a bluish tone to it in person, but still turquoise/aqua color.
- Answered by Jodi A from Rancho Cucamonga
- Sep 10, 2013
Will my 15" Macbook Pro (Retina) still fit inside the Henge vertical dock with this case on?
- Asked by Paul N
- Jan 6, 2015
Hi i just bought a 11.6 macbook.can a case of 11' fit mine? then if not why not selling of 11.6 ? thanks.
- Asked by Mohamed S from Abudhabi
- Sep 16, 2014
the actual screen size is 11.6 inches, but companies can't be bothered to put the .6 on. Also, it sh the actual screen size is 11.6 inches, but companies can't be bothered to put the .6 on. Also, it should fit fine because there's never been a 11.0 inch macbook air …
- Answered by James D
- Jan 3, 2015