The Bose SoundDock Series III digital music system produces rich, room-filling music from any iPod or iPhone model with a Lightning connector. Its unique combination of small size and proven performance is the result of Bose's commitment to research and exclusive Bose technologies.
The SoundDock Series III system includes a remote that controls the system and basic functions of the iPod or iPhone. It even allows you to switch back and forth between playlists. The system also includes an auxiliary input that lets you easily connect other audio devices, such as another iPod. Simple to use, it offers dock-and-play capability and also charges your iPod or iPhone while it's docked.
- Proprietary acoustic design delivers a unique combination of small size and proven performance
- Convenient remote controls the system and basic iPod or iPhone functions, including playlist navigation
- Works with and charges iPhone and iPod models with Lightning connector
- Auxiliary input allows use with other audio devices
Did you notice?The remote controls the system and basic functions of the iPod or iPhone; it even lets you switch among playlists.
Apple Recommends ForExperiencing rich, room-filling music from any iPod or iPhone model with a Lightning connector.
What's in the Box?
- Bose SoundDock Series III Lightning Digital Music System
- Remote control
- Power supply
- Input Type : 3.5mm Stereo Jack, Lightning Connector
- Other Features : Lightning Connector
- Connections : Lightning
- Speaker Configurations : Stereo
- Power Source : AC
- Height : 168.3 mm/6.625 in.
- Width : 304.8 mm/12 in.
- Weight : 2700 g
- Length : 165.1 mm/6.5 in.
- Mfr. Part Number : 310583-1130
- UPC or EAN No. : 017817599061
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
Ratings & Reviews
Absolutely wonderful sound!!
This is easily the best-sounding dock for my iPhone and iPod that I have heard, and I have heard several by other manufacturers th This is easily the best-sounding dock for my iPhone and iPod that I have heard, and I have heard several by other manufacturers that are owned by friends/family. The music is full, rich and deep, no loss of highs or lows, and no "tinny" or mechanical aspect to the sound. Also,the ease of use along with the remote capabilities are exemplary, especially since my iPhone and iPod are both equipped with lightning connections; the remotes on other makers' products may not work well (if at all), even if using a pin-to-lightning adapter. Leave it to Bose to have the first lightning-equipped docks on the market. I am so happy with this Bose product that I have ordered another to keep in another area of the house. If you love music, why not use a product that makes your music sound wonderful?! Absolutely no complaints!! …
- Written by Sheila R from Clinton Township
84 of 90 people found this useful
At last, and worth the wait, although if you wait longer you may get Bluetooth and rechargeable models to choose from, if you need At last, and worth the wait, although if you wait longer you may get Bluetooth and rechargeable models to choose from, if you need them. Lovely sound and well made. As ever, interacts well with phone calls while playing music. Great sound for when you are in the kitchen for instance and can't be near your main hi fi. The sound for me is just right and so good that its the only thing allowed to stay on the work top!! …
- Written by ken C from SPALDING
80 of 86 people found this useful
I have never been a big Bose fan, but I wanted a dock for my office so I could listen to Pandora, Songza, and iTunes. I've tried I have never been a big Bose fan, but I wanted a dock for my office so I could listen to Pandora, Songza, and iTunes. I've tried Bluetooth speakers (such as Jawbone) and have been underwhelmed by the sound quality. Ditto with some all-in-one systems from Polk and Creative.
So I reluctantly purchased this system and it actually sounds very good for what it is. This is not designed to drive a large room but it does offer very good sound for the money. Easy to use with the iPhone 5 and the included remote is a nice bonus. …
- Written by David K from SHAKOPEE
69 of 70 people found this useful
SoundDock Series 3 is Amazing!!
First impressions on buying the Dock Series3 speakers.. The sound is rich and impressive and overall great for music lovers. Well First impressions on buying the Dock Series3 speakers.. The sound is rich and impressive and overall great for music lovers. Well Bose could do a bit more by having the charging in place with the 3.5mm cable to connect to iphone. Also, we need to be a bit careful while removing the iPhone from the dock to avoid damaging it. …
- Written by John C from Newark
Lack of compatibility
This sound dock is AWESOME and has AWESOME sound.
However there are a few major flaws:
1) Removing your iPhone 5 case- you h This sound dock is AWESOME and has AWESOME sound.
However there are a few major flaws:
1) Removing your iPhone 5 case- you have to remove your case every time you want to use it
2) If you have an older iPod, forget about using it!! I cannot find a cord or adapter that connects to the male lightning to a female iPod nano (older model)
Come on APPLE... if you're going to change your charging systems you need to also create cords or adapters that function with your products! …
- Written by Carrie M from Lockport
15 of 23 people found this useful
Frustrating if you have a case on your phone!
I was quite excited to buy this product.
The pros are:
1. Great sound
2. It is a great speaker for my computer with the aud I was quite excited to buy this product.
The pros are:
1. Great sound
2. It is a great speaker for my computer with the audio cable hooked up.
The cons are:
1. You need to remove your case (unless you buy a super cheap thin one (I eventually did - but it's ugly) in order to charge and play on the dock. At first, I tried a Speck flip case. However, it seemed to put pressure on the lightning dock so I didn't feel comfortable using it. And my normal Speck case was just too thick to allow the phone to play or charge. Workers of Bose, please remember that people have cases! And workers at Apple, please make an lightning extension that will allow charging and playing at the same time for this device
2. I bought an audio cable to hook in the back. This is good to play older iPhones without the lightning cable. I tried the audio jack with my iPhone 5 (hoping to not have to buy a new case) but it does not charge with the audio cable.
3. No controls on the machine. If you misplace your remote, it will be a sad day. …
- Written by Elsie J from Victoria
14 of 19 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Do I have to have it plugged into wall outlet when using?
- Asked by Vicki D from Carrollton
- May 29, 2014
Yes, Vicki, this device requires a constant AC power source. Major bummer huh?
- Answered by Emily G from Washington
- Jun 21, 2014
Do I need apple lighting connector to connect iPod touch 5th generation to use with BOSE sound system III?
- Asked by Irina G from Cliffside Park
- Jul 6, 2014
is it compatible with iPod U2 edition?
- Asked by Jonathan S
- May 14, 2014
No answers yet
Is there an adapter to use iPhone 4 with new lightening connector accessories like Bose Sound Dock III?
- Asked by Julie S from Cochrane
- Nov 21, 2013
need adapter from 8 pin female to 30 pin male
- Asked by Jerome S from Arlington
- Dec 28, 2013
Yes, there is. I just found one for now. Go to www.guuds.com and then do an internal store search Yes, there is. I just found one for now. Go to www.guuds.com and then do an internal store search for "Lightning 8 Pin Female to 30 Pin Male Adapter for iPhone 4S iPad 3 iPod Touch 4 - Black" …
- Answered by Dino C from Chula Vista
- Jun 15, 2014