The 3M Privacy + Anti-Glare Filter is custom-cut for your MacBook. Thanks to 3M privacy technology, the filter darkens on-screen data when anyone views it from the side, yet it provides higher clarity than competitive filters. Plus the filter's application system features an optically clear adhesive designed specifically for display screens. And if you keep the filter and your screen clean, you can reposition it hundreds of times.
- Reversible, with glossy side for maximum viewing clarity and matte side for reduced glare
- Screen data is visible only when you're directly in front of the monitor
- Abrasion-resistant coating protects your screen from dust and dirt
- Easy to clean
- Simple application and residue-free removal
- Can be repositioned hundreds of times
- Application adhesive specially formulated for display screens
Did you notice?The reversible filter has an anti-glare surface and an adhesive specially designed for display screens.
Apple Recommends ForKeep the data displayed on your Mac private in high-traffic areas.
What's in the Box?
- 3M Privacy + Anti-Glare Filter
- Optically clear adhesive attachment strips
- Storage folder
- Cleaning cloth
- Width : 12.56 in./31.9 cm
- Depth : 0.03 in./0.08 cm
- Weight : 1.6 oz./45.36 g
- Length : 8.38 in./21.29 cm
- Mfr. Part Number : PFMPR13
- UPC or EAN No. : 051128829080
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
Ratings & Reviews
Good but not great
This gives a decent amount of privacy from the sides but for the user to see everything without straining their eyes the brightnes This gives a decent amount of privacy from the sides but for the user to see everything without straining their eyes the brightness needs to be bumped up which means you kill your battery faster... also, the one i bought from the apple store did NOT have slide mounts so when you need to get these separately from 3M if you want it (they give it for free)
I'm pretty satisfied with it overall. …
- Written by Mubushir R from Scarborough
2 of 2 people found this useful
Waste of money
This is not an anti-glare cover. This is a very poor privacy cover. It darkens the screen and reduces, but doesn't eliminate, side This is not an anti-glare cover. This is a very poor privacy cover. It darkens the screen and reduces, but doesn't eliminate, side viewing.
It attaches with adhesive strips and itself slowly adheres to the screen creating air bubbles that are hard to remove without damaging the screen guard itself. If you leave the air bubbles your Macbook screen looks filthy. It is quite distracting.
This device was a complete waste of money, except for the small enjoyment I got from stripping it off, crumpling it and throwing it in the trash. …
- Written by Christopher S from London
11 of 13 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Does this screen fit the MacBook Pro with Retina display 13" late 2013?
- Asked by Andrew H
- Jan 16, 2014
Yes, it fits the MacBook Pro w Retina 13" late 2013. I just tried it out in the store in Palo Alto. Yes, it fits the MacBook Pro w Retina 13" late 2013. I just tried it out in the store in Palo Alto. The flap pulls over the top so no zipper scars either! …
- Answered by Frederick G
- Mar 26, 2014
Will this product affect my brightness?
- Asked by Braiden V from Calgary
- Nov 15, 2013
I've just got this filter today. I was bit worried about the reduced brightness at first as the filt I've just got this filter today. I was bit worried about the reduced brightness at first as the filter appears to be virtually much darker than I expected. However, when I put it on, it doesn't seem to affect much. I have the brightness slightly less than halfway in a room with normal light and it is more than enough for me. Note that I use the matt side (as I hate glare and reflection). Would have loved to compare it side by side with the glossy one but don't think there's a big difference.
All in all, the filter doesn't bother me at all with the brightness. …
- Answered by Kriengsak P from Gold Coast
- May 5, 2014
I have a 13 inch MacBook Pro that I bought in June of 2012. Is there a privacy + anti-glare filter for this size computer?
- Asked by Kathleen D from Los Angeles
- May 20, 2013
Yes, check at the store :)
- Answered by Dobromir D
- Jul 27, 2013
Can the filter be applied in store by specialists?
- Asked by Son V from Vancouver
- May 11, 2013
Apparently Not. I was in apple shop a few days ago; they told me that I had to do it myself as it's Apparently Not. I was in apple shop a few days ago; they told me that I had to do it myself as it's a 3rd party product. I just got it fixed myself. It wasn't too bad but it took a bit of time to understand what I had to do. …
- Answered by Maryam S from Carindale
- Jul 24, 2013
Does this Privacy and Anti-Glare filter protect from sun glare, if I wanted to work outside?
- Asked by Alyssa L from Sherwood Park
- Apr 10, 2013
Yes it would reduce the glare from the sun. It was built for the models that you could not custom bu Yes it would reduce the glare from the sun. It was built for the models that you could not custom build with the matte or anti-glare finish. …
- Answered by Kenneth A from Desoto
- Apr 15, 2013