UP by Jawbone is a wristband plus app for your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch that tracks how you sleep, move and eat so you can know yourself better, make smarter choices and feel your best.
How to Pick Your Size
Wrap a string snugly around your wrist. Mark on the string where the two ends cross.
Measure the string from one end to the marked place and following the size guide to determine which UP Band is right for you.
SM = 5.5 to 6.0 inches/14.0 to 15.5 CM, MD = 6.0 to 7.0 inches/15.5 to 18.0 CM, LG = 7.0 to 8.0 inches/18.0 to 20.0 CM
Track your sleep
UP senses your micro-movements while you sleep and uses advanced algorithms to determine how many hours you slept, how long it took you to fall asleep, time spent in light versus deep sleep and how many times you woke during the night.
Track your activity
Wearing UP captures a complete picture of your day, so you don't have to guess how active you are. UP tracks your steps, distance, calories burned and time spent active versus idle.
Track your food and drink
UP's mobile app lets you log what you eat and drink and get as detailed as you want. Take a photo of your food, scan a barcode, browse the UP image gallery or search the ingredient database. UP also assists you in tracking calories, fats, carbohydrates, protein, sugar, fibre and sodium.
UP visualises your information so you can understand the meaning behind your data at a glance. It delivers personalised insights and clear tips to help you achieve your goals.
UP helps you set daily goals and tracks your progress over time. It also lets you set helpful alarms and reminders. You can set a Smart Alarm to silently wake you at the ideal moment in your sleep cycle to help you wake up feeling refreshed. You can also set Idle Alerts to remind you to move when you've been sitting too long.
- Comfortable, durable and stylish wristband
- Up to 10 days of battery life between charges
- Track the quality and quantity of your sleep
- Track your movements
- Log your workouts and find out calories burned
- Log your food by taking a photo or scanning a barcode
- Track detailed nutritional info
- Smart alarm silently vibrates on your wrist to wake you at the optimal moment in your sleep cycle
- Idle Alerts remind you to move when you've been inactive
- Share your UP journey with friends and family
Did you notice?The Idle Alert will remind you to move when you’ve been inactive for too long.
Apple Recommends ForAnyone who wants to commit to a healthy lifestyle – and track progress.
What's in the Box?
- UP by Jawbone wristband
- Charging cable (3.5mm to USB)
- Quick start guide
- Free iOS app downloadable from App Store
- Power Source : Battery Power, USB
- Height : 2.13 in./54 mm
- Width : 0.47 in./12 mm
- Weight : 0.78 oz./22 g
- Length : 3 in./76 mm
- Mfr. Part Number : JBR03a-MD-CA
- UPC or EAN No. : 847912010334
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
UP by Jawbone
*** REQUIRES UP OR UP24 WRISTBAND TO USE THIS APP ***
BAND + APP + YOU = THE UP SYSTEM
UP® is a system that takes a holistic approach to a healthy lifestyle. The band tracks your movement and sleep in the background while the app displays your data, lets you add things like meals and mood, and delivers insights that help you know yourself so that you can live better.
* Track your sleep & physical activity
* Log your food & drink & track nutritional info
* Get insights to help you set & achieve your goals
* Smart Alarm™ wakes you up silently at the time that leaves you feeling most refreshed
* Set Idle Alerts, for anywhere between 15 minutes and 2 hours, to remind you to move
* The Power Nap feature will wake you up at the optimal time after you fall asleep
* Log workouts, from yoga and hiking to tennis and dance
* Team up with friends in the app for encouragement and friendly competition
* Today I Will - UP suggests personalized goals. If you accept, UP encourages you along the way
* Streaks & Milestones - Get notifications that celebrate the choices you’re making
* Reminders - Set customizable alerts with band vibrations to remind you to workout, go to bed, take medication and more
* Activity alerts - Receive move notifications that are relevant. Customize based on how many steps you take and time of day. Available to UP24 users only.
* Share your summary pages to Facebook & Twitter
Supported languages: English, Spanish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese
GAIN INSIGHT INTO YOURSELF
UP simply and beautifully visualizes your information so, at a glance, you can understand the meaning behind your data. UP also delivers personalized insights and clear, actionable tips to help you achieve your goals.
UP helps you set daily goals and tracks your progress over time. It also lets you set helpful alarms and reminders. You can set multiple Smart Alarms to silently wake you at the ideal moment in your sleep cycle to help you wake up feeling refreshed. You can also set Idle Alerts to remind you to move when you’ve been sitting too long.
A DEEPER LOOK AT SLEEP
See details about your sleep such as hours slept, time to fall asleep, and how many times you woke up. Over time, discover patterns that can affect how you feel.
KNOW HOW ACTIVE YOU ARE
Capture a complete record of your day's activity - Steps, distance, calories burned and time spent active vs. idle. See how everything from going for a run to walking the dog contributes to reaching your goals.
LOG YOUR FOOD & DRINK
Take a photo of your food, scan a barcode, browse the image gallery or search the ingredient database to record what you eat and drink. UP keeps track of your calories, fats, carbohydrates, protein, sugar, fiber and sodium.
YOUR UP. YOUR APPS.
Complement your UP experience and connect to your favorite apps, or discover new ones, within UP.
Track your weight, map your bike rides, access extensive food libraries and more with apps like IFTTT, Strava and Wello, and that data will be seamlessly integrated into your UP feed, lifeline and trends. You can also view detailed UP sleep, movement, food and mood data within selected apps to make those experiences even better.
UP or UP24 WRISTBAND
* Required to use the UP by Jawbone app
* Designed to be worn 24/7
* Features advanced motion sensor technology
* Up to 7 days (UP24) or 10 days (UP) of battery life between charges
* Available in multiple colors & sizes (S, M, L) …
800-908-988 or Chat now
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPad (4th generation)
iPad mini with Retina display
Ratings & Reviews
Best total package available on the market today.
It's not perfect yet, but this band has been a wonderful pedometer (I've done many tests to see if it over or under counts), a gre It's not perfect yet, but this band has been a wonderful pedometer (I've done many tests to see if it over or under counts), a great sleep tracker, consistently accurate.
I actually do track my food and, though it needs a few improvements, it's driven me to eating healthier and being more aware of what I'm putting in my body.
I love the gentle armband alarm and the inactivity reminder.
Not perfect yet, but Jawbone has stood behind it's Customer Service and Product Research. …
- Written by Nathan C from Alma
136 of 142 people found this useful
Probably one of the coolest pedometers ever
Way more than a pedometer -- it tracks my sleep, REM cycles and of course, steps. What's cooler is that it also tracks my progres Way more than a pedometer -- it tracks my sleep, REM cycles and of course, steps. What's cooler is that it also tracks my progress against my friends. It is definitely a motivator for a healthier lifestyle. …
- Written by John I from Grand Rapids
117 of 132 people found this useful
Much better than expected
Have to say, loving this device so far. The sleep and activity tracking are very very accurate. Device is light to the point if Have to say, loving this device so far. The sleep and activity tracking are very very accurate. Device is light to the point if forgetting about it. Also hooked in the vibration alarm. Lot to offer in the package. Couldn't stay with fitbit, kept losing the device and just didnt seem as user friendly. …
- Written by Joseph H from Mount Sterling
95 of 104 people found this useful
lousy battery ...
Purchased a UP a year ago, got a new sent in April when the battery no longer worked .. replacement is also dead in the battery no Purchased a UP a year ago, got a new sent in April when the battery no longer worked .. replacement is also dead in the battery now ..
Save your money - or buy a different brand …
- Written by Mark T from Ålsgårde
great product... but
I love my Up band, the software is great, sleep tracking awesome, accurate step measurement, battery lasts ten days, looks great.. I love my Up band, the software is great, sleep tracking awesome, accurate step measurement, battery lasts ten days, looks great... overall just brilliant.... but!
Im sad to say I'm on my third band after just six months.
I cannot fault customer services, they have been really very good about replacing it each time and have been prompt and courtious to deal with. i think its such a shame because this is a brilliant product when its working but both the original and the replacement both broke after just a couple of months of wear (button stopped working)
I really hope in the Up 24 these issues are adressed as jawbone must be hemoarraging money on this product which is sad because it is essentially really good when it works. …
- Written by Ellory G from london
Bought a lemon, horrendous Jawbone customer service
Had high hopes for this despite reading some great and very poor reviews. Didn't take long before the gremlins hit, wouldn't synch Had high hopes for this despite reading some great and very poor reviews. Didn't take long before the gremlins hit, wouldn't synch, needed constant rebooting etc.
Jawbone Customer Service was simply woefull. After backwards and forwards emails was silence then an email arrived advising they can provide a replacement but not to Australia and asked me what Europe based address a replacement could be sent to. …
- Written by Paul M from Sydney
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Is this up24 or the earlier version?
- Asked by Ning Xiang K
- Dec 20, 2013
Up24 is the newer version with bluetooth installed, while this one is the older one that uses the 3. Up24 is the newer version with bluetooth installed, while this one is the older one that uses the 3.5mm audio jack to sync …
- Answered by Isaac P from Washington Dc
- Dec 30, 2013
Can I buy a replacement cap for jawbone up?
- Asked by Peter G from New York
- Nov 4, 2013
If you visit their website you can request one free replacement
- Answered by Simon E
- Nov 12, 2013
How snugly does it fit around the wrist given that there are only 3 sizes? Is the size adjustable?
- Asked by Krithika N from Saint Augustine
- Jun 12, 2013
fairly snug if your wrist size is close to the band's 'resting' size. it uses tension, so it adjusts fairly snug if your wrist size is close to the band's 'resting' size. it uses tension, so it adjusts to your wrists but that's not the same as 'adjustable'. you can't make it looser or tighter than it naturally does by itself.
i had a band bracelet on when i looked at the sizes. the band of the bracelet perfectly fit the band's apparent size in the box. however, on my wrist, it's a wee bit tight and i'm debating switching it out. …
- Answered by Danielle S from Cincinnati
- Aug 1, 2013
does this checks your cholesterol level
- Asked by Rohit R from Dubai
- Oct 20, 2013
- Answered by John T from Alpharetta
- Oct 24, 2013
Does it break easily?
- Asked by Karen H
- Oct 15, 2013
That was one of my initial fears.
Not at all. I bought it back in August and it's working extreme That was one of my initial fears.
Not at all. I bought it back in August and it's working extremely well. I've been wearing it 24/7, rain or shine, Awake or asleep. Still looks exactly the way I bought it.
Jawbone also will replace the cap once free of charge if you loose it.
So if that's your only worry, go and buy it!
Jawbone should really use me as a BETA tester! lol. …
- Answered by Eric B from Montreal
- Oct 16, 2013
do i have to charge up jawbone for 2 days the first time?
- Asked by Manal R from Gainesville
- Aug 10, 2013