Philips InRange keeps your valuables and iPhone within range using Bluetooth wireless technology. It alerts you if you leave your valuables behind and can help you find them when misplaced. It easily fits into wallets or attaches to keys for peace of mind.
The InRange uses a free app and Bluetooth smart leash to alert you when your valuables are separated from your paired iPhone. To setup simply launch the app, pair with an InRange leash, and set an alarm range. Whenever the InRange and iPhone move outside the range you will be automatically alerted.
- Free InRange app available on the App Store for pairing your iPhone and items
- Alerts you when InRange and iPhone are out of a set range
- Locate your iPhone or InRange when within range with just a button press
- Set times and locations where InRange won't alert you
- Make calls via a Bluetooth headset even while leashes are paired
- Small and thin to easily fit into your wallet’s card pocket
- Long battery life with Bluetooth low energy technology
- InRange protective silicon pouch safely attaches to keys or bags
- Pair up to three InRange to your iPhone to track multiple items
Did you notice?When either your iPhone or an added item is within range, locating it is as easy as pressing a button—the InRange or iPhone will then ring to help you find it.
Apple Recommends ForPeace of mind for anyone who wants to keep track of their valuable items, including their iPhone or iPad.
What's in the Box?
- Philips InRange Bluetooth Leash
- Silicon pouch with metallic lock
- 2 x CR2016 battery
- Metal pin (for battery door release)
- Quick start guide
- Other Features : Bluetooth
- Connections : Bluetooth
- Bluetooth Compatiblity : Bluetooth 4.0
- Power Source : Battery Power
- Stand By Time : Up to three months
- Mfr. Part Number : AEA1000/3
- UPC or EAN No. : 8712581662547
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
Philips InRange Bluetooth® smart leash keeps your valuables and iPhone within range using Bluetooth® wireless technology. It alerts you if you leave your valuables behind and can find them when misplaced. Fits perfectly into wallets or keys for peace of mind.
The InRange app is dedicated to work with Philips InRange Bluetooth® Smart Leash, providing you the following features & benefits
Always keep your valuables close to you
• Free InRange app to pair iPhone to multiple InRange
• Alerts when InRange and iPhone are out of range
• Locate your iPhone or InRange with just one touch
• Set locations where the InRange won’t alert you
Advanced Bluetooth® wireless technology
• Long battery life with Bluetooth® low energy technology
• Make calls via Bluetooth® headset even with InRange paired
Simple and easy to use
• Small and thin to easily fit into your wallet's card pocket
• InRange with protective case safely attaches to keys or bags
Compatibility: Works with iPhone 4S, new iPad, iPhone 5, iPhone 5S, iPad mini, iPad with Retina display …
Ratings & Reviews
terrible product, immature!!! DON'T BUY!!!
1/ At the beginning, I paired 5 times before my iPhone 5 finally found the leash (my iPhone 4S refused to find it literally).
2/ 1/ At the beginning, I paired 5 times before my iPhone 5 finally found the leash (my iPhone 4S refused to find it literally).
2/ The actual range is much shorter than what Philips announces in the product spec, and my iPhone starts to ring a false alarm even when the leach is WITHIN the range and the bluetooth connection remains well established!
3/ Some times inRange app tells me that my iPhone has a problem with the bluetooth pairing with the leash and asks me to do delete the existing pairing and do a new paring again, while the iPhone and the leash are perfectly connected together...
4/ When the iPhone and the leash are out of the range and set off to ring, I bring my iPhone back within the range, 50% of times, the bluetooth connection can't get reestablished automatically, and I have to do the paring again from the bluetooth setup of my iPhone.
5/ In the inRange app, there's no zone setting feature described in the pdf user's manual one can find online.
6/ I'm going to return back the 2 other leashes I bought and keep only one that I opened (I trusted too easily Philips beautiful publicity), this product is far from mature enough to put into market!
DON'T BUY!!! …
- Written by Yan W from Dedham
61 of 62 people found this useful
Due to the false alarms of this devise and the inability to have the key fob on 'vibrate' this item is going back to the Apple sto Due to the false alarms of this devise and the inability to have the key fob on 'vibrate' this item is going back to the Apple store before I get stuck with a devise that I can not use in lectures or meetings. It is not acceptable that every time iOS shuts down the app on my phone the fob starts beeping as if the phone and Phillips unit have been separated. I have tried to communicate with Phillips in regard to extending the warranty and return policy of this item in hopes that they will soon correct this flaw. It looks as though I will have to spend the extra $30 and try the HipKey product in its place. I have also looked into the 'CobraTag Sensor' and reviews/complaints are similar to that of the Phillips leash. Creating 'safe zones' does not prevent the fob from sending off a 'false alarm'. The HipKey unit claims to be able to minimize false alarms or unprofessional alarms during lectures or meetings with these 'safe zones'. Time will tell. …
- Written by Nigel C from Winnipeg
23 of 24 people found this useful
ABSOLUTE WASTE OF MONEY AND TIME TRYING TO MAKE 'EM WORK
Despite claims from Philips, these devices (sadly I bought two of them) do not connect to an iPhone 4S, ipad 3 or an IPad Mini. A Despite claims from Philips, these devices (sadly I bought two of them) do not connect to an iPhone 4S, ipad 3 or an IPad Mini. Apart from the fact that I can't tell you how badly they work, I now have $130 worth of useless luggage tags. I guess I'll scratch my name into these ghastly little devices...
- Written by Tony V from Warrandyte
22 of 23 people found this useful
Piece of junk. I am unable to get this to pair with iphone 4s or iphone 5 or ipad (new). If only the receipt hadn't been lost I Piece of junk. I am unable to get this to pair with iphone 4s or iphone 5 or ipad (new). If only the receipt hadn't been lost I would return the thing. I didn't buy it from the apple store so no issue with apple here. I tested the bluetooth on all of my devices and no problems there.
- Written by Joanne M from CastleTroy
Piece of JUNK
Do NOT buy this. It's horrible. It takes several tries to sync initially with your iPhone. And if you turn it off, you have to Do NOT buy this. It's horrible. It takes several tries to sync initially with your iPhone. And if you turn it off, you have to go through the sync process again as it forgets about the previous sync. The range system (close vs far) wildly fluctuates from one moment to the next in deciding if you're in range or not. Guess I'll give the other product a try at twice the cost.
Again, don't buy this one. Philips is junk. …
- Written by John A from Pensacola
2 of 2 people found this useful
Worthless and useless
Bought this at Apple Store in Barcelona. Immediately I knew I made a mistake when I discovered this product does not support GPS, Bought this at Apple Store in Barcelona. Immediately I knew I made a mistake when I discovered this product does not support GPS, it is only working when in range, hence the name InRange.
Once I accepted my mistake, I set it up. It started beeping randomly throughout the day. Until I turned the alarm off on my device (iPhone 5). The next day I tried if it works at the office. It did not and I thought the batteries were dead. I replaced the battery and the application finally found the InRange key, but after the initial startup everything went dead. Now the device won't turn on and the iPhone will not connect to it. Nothing works. Reset the battery, still the same thing. So not worth it, especially its 50 EUR!!! If only I was still in Barcelona to return it.
- A very disappointed customer …
- Written by Artur F from Ljubljana
6 of 8 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Can I get a connection from my iPad to a USB cable
- Asked by Hugh M
- Mar 15, 2014
Philips InRange Bluetooth Leash Wireless Security what is the range?
- Asked by Frank P from Syracuse
- Mar 21, 2013
Is it possible to disable the alert BOTH on the InRange App and the Bluetooth Leash, for a specific period of time?
- Asked by Victor O from World Trade Cent
- Mar 19, 2013