These Speck cases are super-thin and light to maintain the sleek profile of your MacBook Pro. At just 1.5 mm the durable hard shell protects your MacBook from scuffs and scratches. The glossy case comes in two pieces which are easy to snap on and snap off, so you protect your MacBook on the go and show off its smooth edges. Anti-tilt rubberised feet keep your MacBook stable and secure on hard surfaces.
- Ultra-thin shell at just 1.5 mm
- Durable plastic protects from scratches and scuffs
- Sleek, glossy two-piece design easily snaps on and off
- Anti-tilt rubberised feet keep your notebook stable and secure
Did you notice?The clear, glossy finish lets the fine design of your MacBook – and the Apple logo – shine through.
Apple Recommends ForHard-shell protection that keeps your MacBook light on its feet.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Case
- Form Factor : Hard Case, Snap On
- Material : Hard Plastic
- Mfr. Part Number : SPK-A2402
- UPC or EAN No. : 848709005304
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Speck recommends cleaning your case before you put it on your MacBook and then once a month thereafter to avoid any build-up of dust or dirt. Simply wipe it with a soft, clean cloth or rinse with warm, soapy water. Before re-applying the case, make sure it’s completely dry and wipe down your Mac to remove any dust or particles.
Ratings & Reviews
Not worth it.
I bought this case after reading reviews of this product for the MacBook Pro 13 inch with retina display. I have the Macbook Pro 1 I bought this case after reading reviews of this product for the MacBook Pro 13 inch with retina display. I have the Macbook Pro 15 inch with retina display. It's a good product, but the company recommends that you remove the case and any dust that has collected in between the case and your laptop. When I went to remove the case, I found that it was very difficult to do and there was an excellent chance that it was going to scratch my brand new laptop-that cost me a $3800! Also, the screen for retina display laptops are super thin and I felt that removing the shell could damage the screen because it so hard to take off. Needless to say, I bought an Incase sleeve instead. $50 gone to waste, but at least I know my laptop won't be damaged by the case that is supposed to protect it. …
- Written by Raj S from Brampton
81 of 102 people found this useful
Got this just to keep my rMBP from cracking when Im on the move.. a precautionary measure I should say.. Good thing is it can with Got this just to keep my rMBP from cracking when Im on the move.. a precautionary measure I should say.. Good thing is it can withstand some hits..
However, the bottom part of the case two of the joint parts have broke.. (in about 2weeks) so now it kinda sides in and out now.. still works though..
Another thing, it does make your rMBP to heat up faster (if you're doing any high performance usage this will most likely cause it to heat up)..
But all in all an good product if you just want some protection... …
- Written by Alvi C from LONDON
44 of 47 people found this useful
SCRATCHES EASILY AND AFTER A LITTLE WHILE THE FRONT BOTTOM PART DOESNT SEEM TO FIT AS TIGHT AS WHEN PURCHASED. GOT THE MOSHI CASE SCRATCHES EASILY AND AFTER A LITTLE WHILE THE FRONT BOTTOM PART DOESNT SEEM TO FIT AS TIGHT AS WHEN PURCHASED. GOT THE MOSHI CASE TOO AND FOR 10 DOLLARS MORE THINK IT FAR SUPERIOR IN FEEL, STYLE AND FITS THE MACBOOK FAR BETTER. …
- Written by Andreas R from New York
36 of 43 people found this useful
I loved the idea and look of this case, unfortunately, there seem to be design flaws.
I ordered this with my new MB Air in March I loved the idea and look of this case, unfortunately, there seem to be design flaws.
I ordered this with my new MB Air in March, within the first few days, it cracked. I'd barely moved it even on the desk. I took it back and got a replacement. Again, within the next few days, still not having moved from my desktop, the corners cracked again and now the bottom shell doesn't even stay on. For the time it takes, I haven't decided whether or not to try and return this one as well. I don't see what good having another one that will most likely crack again will do me. Not a good investment :( …
- Written by Rebecca V from Woodside
2 of 2 people found this useful
Not robust at all
This is an appealing product, but with a fatal flaw. The corner tabs on the back of the bottom break off; mine broke within three This is an appealing product, but with a fatal flaw. The corner tabs on the back of the bottom break off; mine broke within three months of purchase. (I'm not rough on my equipment generally.) The feet on the bottom don't hold up well, either; one came off. Other comments here suggest that this breakage is all too common. The product is meant to be "robust," but is not. …
- Written by Andre L from Brackendale
4 of 4 people found this useful
Good case shame about the quality of the clips that hold it to your macbook
Its a great case it will protect your MacBook from scratches as its designed to do.
However after a couple of months the clips Its a great case it will protect your MacBook from scratches as its designed to do.
However after a couple of months the clips that hold it onto your MacBook base especially at the mouse end of your MacBook will fail and fall off, rendering this product useless, the quality is not the same as the old version it replaced which I might add lasted 3 years on my previous Macbook, not the two months it has on my new MacBook Pro. …
- Written by Carl K from Manchester
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Do these cases cause overheating? Is there good ventilation?
- Asked by Monika G from Corapeake
- Jul 20, 2014
There is good ventilation due to the fact that there is a space left open for the fans to work. Hope There is good ventilation due to the fact that there is a space left open for the fans to work. Hope this helps you! …
- Answered by Brad M from Kitchener
- Aug 9, 2014
is this pink or purple??
- Asked by Tina G from Ocean Ridge
- Jul 3, 2014
its haze purple, sadly not pink like it looks
- Answered by Louise H
- Jul 9, 2014
does smartshell fit on macbook pro 15 early 2013.
- Asked by Mário T from Praia
- Jul 12, 2014
Does it fit the MacBook Pro without the retina display?
- Asked by Denise M from Bellaire
- Jun 12, 2013
Yes, just be sure to select that specific model before purchase.
- Answered by Brandon S from Abbeville
- Jun 13, 2013
i have a macbook, not a macbook pro. does anyone know if they sell cases for them?
- Asked by Siri Y
- Aug 19, 2013
Does the Speck MBP smart shell come with keyboard protection?
- Asked by Natalie V from Marathon
- Aug 5, 2013
It does not. Although we do have keyboard protectors available in store and online.
- Answered by Erica A from San Francisco
- Aug 8, 2014