These Speck cases are super-thin and light to maintain the sleek profile of your MacBook Pro. At just 1.5 mm the durable hard shell protects your MacBook from scuffs and scratches. The glossy case comes in two pieces which are easy to snap on and snap off, so you protect your MacBook on the go and show off its smooth edges. Anti-tilt rubberised feet keep your MacBook stable and secure on hard surfaces.
- Ultra-thin shell at just 1.5 mm
- Durable plastic protects from scratches and scuffs
- Sleek, glossy two-piece design easily snaps on and off
- Anti-tilt rubberised feet keep your notebook stable and secure
Did you notice?The clear, glossy finish lets the fine design of your MacBook – and the Apple logo – shine through.
Apple Recommends ForHard-shell protection that keeps your MacBook light on its feet.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Case
- Form Factor : Hard Case, Snap On
- Material : Hard Plastic
- Mfr. Part Number : SPK-A2402
- UPC or EAN No. : 848709005304
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Speck recommends cleaning your case before you put it on your MacBook and then once a month thereafter to avoid any build-up of dust or dirt. Simply wipe it with a soft, clean cloth or rinse with warm, soapy water. Before re-applying the case, make sure it’s completely dry and wipe down your Mac to remove any dust or particles.
Ratings & Reviews
Not worth it.
I bought this case after reading reviews of this product for the MacBook Pro 13 inch with retina display. I have the Macbook Pro 1 I bought this case after reading reviews of this product for the MacBook Pro 13 inch with retina display. I have the Macbook Pro 15 inch with retina display. It's a good product, but the company recommends that you remove the case and any dust that has collected in between the case and your laptop. When I went to remove the case, I found that it was very difficult to do and there was an excellent chance that it was going to scratch my brand new laptop-that cost me a $3800! Also, the screen for retina display laptops are super thin and I felt that removing the shell could damage the screen because it so hard to take off. Needless to say, I bought an Incase sleeve instead. $50 gone to waste, but at least I know my laptop won't be damaged by the case that is supposed to protect it. …
- Written by Raj S from Brampton
113 of 140 people found this useful
Got this just to keep my rMBP from cracking when Im on the move.. a precautionary measure I should say.. Good thing is it can with Got this just to keep my rMBP from cracking when Im on the move.. a precautionary measure I should say.. Good thing is it can withstand some hits..
However, the bottom part of the case two of the joint parts have broke.. (in about 2weeks) so now it kinda sides in and out now.. still works though..
Another thing, it does make your rMBP to heat up faster (if you're doing any high performance usage this will most likely cause it to heat up)..
But all in all an good product if you just want some protection... …
- Written by Alvi C from LONDON
52 of 56 people found this useful
SCRATCHES EASILY AND AFTER A LITTLE WHILE THE FRONT BOTTOM PART DOESNT SEEM TO FIT AS TIGHT AS WHEN PURCHASED. GOT THE MOSHI CASE SCRATCHES EASILY AND AFTER A LITTLE WHILE THE FRONT BOTTOM PART DOESNT SEEM TO FIT AS TIGHT AS WHEN PURCHASED. GOT THE MOSHI CASE TOO AND FOR 10 DOLLARS MORE THINK IT FAR SUPERIOR IN FEEL, STYLE AND FITS THE MACBOOK FAR BETTER. …
- Written by Andreas R from New York
55 of 69 people found this useful
5+ years, so far
I bought the Speck case for my MBP in 2009 and while the tabs have popped off the bottom shell, it stays on my laptop. I have a to I bought the Speck case for my MBP in 2009 and while the tabs have popped off the bottom shell, it stays on my laptop. I have a toddler who likes to "help" by handing me the computer, so it can be handled a bit roughly, but the laptop is still functional, which I think has a lot to do with the case. …
- Written by Monica T from Eureka
Not bad but not that good either.
Generally easy to put on. Does its job as a shell. However, it scratches too easily! The shell would have multiple scratchers on r Generally easy to put on. Does its job as a shell. However, it scratches too easily! The shell would have multiple scratchers on right on the first day before I even finish putting it on my mac. Moreover, (I don't know if anyone experiences this) but it's incredibly difficult to take off when it's time to clean. My fingers hurt like crazy when I try to take it off and I'm always afraid it'll break because I had to really use a lot of strength to get the clamps out. In fact, it cracks a bit but it's not that visible.
Pros: does its job. Fit perfectly.
Cons: scratches easily (not that visible but it'll irritate you a bit if you're a bit of a perfectionist). Hard to take off.
I bought this with my $100 gift card from Apple since this is pretty much the only one with the look I want that fits my 15" mac. But honestly, if you don't have the gift card, buy some other brands like Moshi or Power Support. …
- Written by Khanh My S from Melbourne
Case is broken in more places than it's not
This is an absolutely terrible case. I have had it for less than a year, and already all four of that tabs that are supposed to ke This is an absolutely terrible case. I have had it for less than a year, and already all four of that tabs that are supposed to keep it on have broken off, and I had to velcro the bottom on. There's a huge crack all the way down the middle, and this is all from day to day use, it get transported gently from my university to my desk, and thats all. 0/10, would not recommend to anyone. …
- Written by Kevin E from Edmonton
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Does this case fit a macbook pro from early 2011? model number 700 or 720
- Asked by Haya D from Jacksonville
- Apr 8, 2015
Hi i just bought a 11.6 macbook.can a case of 11' fit mine? then if not why not selling of 11.6 ? thanks.
- Asked by Mohamed S from Abudhabi
- Sep 16, 2014
Huh? What is the question? The 11" Speck shell is made for the 11" Macbook Air. The 11.6" is the act Huh? What is the question? The 11" Speck shell is made for the 11" Macbook Air. The 11.6" is the actual screen dimensions but Apple doesn't sell the Macbook Air as the 11.6" model. …
- Answered by Steven C from Browns Mills
- Sep 19, 2014
Will my 15" Macbook Pro (Retina) still fit inside the Henge vertical dock with this case on?
- Asked by Paul N
- Jan 6, 2015
Does this fit the white macbook 13inch 2006 0r 2008 model??
- Asked by James D from Palmerston North
- Jun 29, 2013