OverviewThe Soul by Ludacris SL49 headphones offer the best in quality and innovative style. That includes the in-line remote control, which puts control of your iPhone and iPod at your finger tips. Answering, call waiting, and volume control are just some of the many features available. Play, pause, fast-forward, rewind, scan, and volume control allow you the freedom to control your music and videos conveniently while on the move.
- Advanced driver and circuitry design
- Superb bass, clear mids and highs create high-precision audio balance
- Compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad, and iPod
- Ultra-comfortable in-ear design seals music in and keeps noise out
- Different-sized ear tips for an ideal fit
- Protective road case for convenient storage
- Tangle-free audio cable one with Apple in-line controller and cord manager
Did you notice?In-line remote control gives you the convenience of managing your calls and music from your headphones.
Apple Recommends ForExperience the music on your iPhone and iPod at its best.
What's in the Box?
- Soul by Ludacris SL49 headphones
- Tangle-free cable with iPhone in-line controller/mic
- Ear cushions (Small, Medium, Large)
- Storage case
- Mfr. Part Number : SL49
- UPC or EAN No. : 870143005572
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPod nano 5th Generation (video camera)
iPod touch 3rd Generation
iPod touch 4th Generation
Ratings & Reviews
Can they be this fantastic at this price?
Oh yeah! When I tried these for the very first time I could not believe that they did not cost more than the $299 super premium bu ds I tried. Hands down it beats the others, no contest. The amazing thing about these is that they are not even the top of the line ear buds from Soul. The SL99 has even more low end but these 49s have clarity and presence that I've been "listening" for since ear buds have been on the market. You can buy 2 or 3 of these for the cost of others. I'm ordering these with my new iPhone. …
- Written by Marty F from Peabody
140 of 144 people found this useful
can't beat it for the money
These are amazing, he bass is sick and overall sound is top notch. The control and overall built is solid. I use these mainly for working out and I am able to block out the noise and stupid music they play. …
- Written by BRIAN M from North Arlington
86 of 91 people found this useful
Just got a pair of these for Christmas and love them. I was going to get the Beats by Dr. Dre but read that they fell apart, so en ded up getting these since I use them for skiing and abuse my gear. They sound great for the price and the other head phone options are well over $100. Great Buy! …
- Written by douglas M from Sacramento
49 of 55 people found this useful
decent sound, fragile and frustrating, flexible manufacturer
These in ear headphones sounded like a good buy: good sound and cord mounted controls for a reasonable price. The cord mounted co ntrols failed to work after three weeks. The headphones functioned well, otherwise. Recently, the headphones started to cause the ipod touch to do random unwanted behaviors such as turn on the voice control function while I listened to music, or turning off the music file I was listening to and switching to other music files randomly. I had the ipod checked out at my local dealer who faulted the SL49s. I failed to keep the original box but Soul was willing to work with me with the original receipt as proof of purchase. …
- Written by Robert D. H from White River Junction
These have great sound, but the only problem......THEY KEEP MALFUNCTIONING!!!
The cord keeps having issues, and the sound fades b ecause of internal issues! …
- Written by Michael T from Dallas
16 of 26 people found this useful
These headphones where really expensive, the sound quality is weak. and the body of the bud seperated after about a 2 months, an d i only were them in the office so it is not like i am moving around a whole lot. …
- Written by Aaron O from Houston
17 of 25 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
- Answered by Wong Y
- Jun 21, 2012
Does the remote work the same way as the apple headphones remote?eg. 2 clicks to skip track, 2clicks+hold to forward, 3 clicks to go to previous track
- Asked by Gajen P from Toronto
- Oct 12, 2011
I don't own this headset, but the click response is a function if the iDevice.
As long as this he adphone has a standard click interface, which I'm sure it does, then it will operate as you expect.
This headset is sold on the Apple web site. If there was an interface issue they would not offer it.
Not to mention the fact that they SAY SO in the very short features write-up!
- Answered by Alan E from Upper Arlington
- Oct 25, 2011
- Asked by Zachary C from Trenton
- Nov 18, 2011
Yes, it does.
- Answered by Joshua G from Ft Lauderdale
- Dec 29, 2011
- Answered by Wong Y
- Jun 21, 2012
- Asked by Wesley A from Honolulu
- Jan 18, 2012
Found an answer to my own question. Called 1-800-MY-APPLE & spoke with Matthew (who was extremely h elpful in doing extensive research). Answer: YES! …
- Answered by Wesley A from Honolulu
- Jan 18, 2012