OverviewWIth an elegant aluminium design the Magic Bar charging base and rechargeable battery pack is the perfect companion for your Apple Wireless Keyboard and Magic Trackpad. No cable or external power supply to the battery pack is necessary; wirelessly recharge it just by sliding the Magic Bar-equipped Apple Wireless Keyboard or Magic Trackpad into the charging station. It takes only a minute to set up this solution to the problem of disposable batteries.
- "Greener" design helps protect the environment
- Elegant, recyclable aluminium design
- Cost effective after six months of office use or one year of home use
- Visually compatible with Apple-designed products, looks great on your desk
- Compatible with 2xAA Apple Wireless Keyboard
Did you notice?Proprietary wireless technology effortlessly recharges the battery pack without external power supply or cords.
Apple Recommends ForAn elegantly designed solution for keeping your Wireless Keyboard or Magic Trackpad charged, while helping to protect the environment.
What's in the Box?
- Magic Bar cylindrical aluminium battery pack (replaces two AA batteries)
- Aluminium charging station
- MicroUSB cable (connects the wireless charging station to a USB port)
- User manual
- Connections : USB
- Height : 0.98 in./2.5 cm
- Width : 1.77 in./4.5 cm
- Weight : 6.63 oz./188 g
- Mfr. Part Number : MO3212
- UPC or EAN No. : 609465362489
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
Ratings & Reviews
Terrific Idea but...
I purchased this product to kiss batteries goodbye and help the environment.
Unfortunately, the battery insert didn't fit my apple wireless keyboard well enough to make contact. That's right, this product from Switzerland has such serious quality control problems that yours may not work at all.
Additionally, the product has a strong chemical smell when removed from the box. This comes from the sparkly aluminum surface intended to match Apple's. But Apple's has no smell at all while this exudes a chemical-like stench. I expect it to vanish once the product airs for a week or so, but since my Magic Bar was defective and had to be returned I may never know.
I would also like to know where and how to get a hold of more recharge inserts. And where is the Magic Bar for trackpads? There's too little info on this product.
A great concept that became a smelly clunker. Mobee, get me a hassle-free replacement now please. …
- Written by Richard C from BEVERLY HILLS
101 of 125 people found this useful
Doesn't work well
I had a similar problem to others that have bought this device. I thought it was going to be a great addition to my workspace, bu t the battery attachment does NOT fit well in my keyboard or magic trackpad and it loses contact or doesn't make contact at all. Save yourself the money and just buy rechargeable batteries separately. …
- Written by Navin C from New York
61 of 76 people found this useful
Good product but not perfect
This is a really good and functional product and I was really excited to be able to drop using batteries altogether with my wirele ss keyboard and trackpad. It really does live up to what it promises and is a good product.
Unfortunately this product only comes with one chargeable battery. Most people I would asume, use both a keyboard and a mouse/trackpad. I would definitely buy an extra battery if there was such a product!
Now I have the Mobee battery in my keyboard and my trackpad runs on aa-batteries. Buying another whole Magic Bar set just to get another battery pack doesn't seem like a viable option. …
- Written by Matilda M from Helsinki
43 of 52 people found this useful
Don't buy it if you have the 3-battery bluetooth keyboard
IT DOESN'T FIT. Not only is the battery pack only 2 cells long, it does not lock shut into the keyboard.
- Written by Jon P from Wallingford
Why this should be disconnected & what is better
1. Buy the Apple rechargeable battery charger kit which includes 6aa NiMH batteries for 29.99CAD. You then have batteries for the keyboard, mouse and trackpad... The batteries charge in same amount of time, they will provide much longer run time, they can be charged many more times, and they will stay charged longer even if the devices are not in use (time between charges is months).
2. This product costs twice as much, yet only includes 2 batteries.. Also the batteries are NiCD - which are out-dated, they perform horribly, they lose charge in less than a week just sitting around even when not inserted in a device, at best when fully charged you get 6 hours runtime... Seriously? Discontinue this product please. …
- Written by Rene F from Winnipeg
4 of 4 people found this useful
No good, don't buy
Product description very misleading.
1A. It states that the product can be used for both the keyboard AND trackpad. No, you hav e to spend an extra $30 and purchase another battery pack to use it with both devices. Even then, they can't be charged at the same time, as they both won't fit. That's $80 total.
1B. I contacted them regarding the wording on their packaging and their defence was that in the contents description (in small font on the back) The 'Cylindrical Battery Pack' isn't plural. Therefore, only comes with one.
2. The keyboard must remain in the dock to charge, which also must remain on a solid flat surface. It would have been nice if the keyboard could clip into the charging bay so that it could remain sturdy and sit on your lap.
3. The battery does not come charged. There is no information on the packaging with battery care instructions.
The battery tech used is also not mentioned. Who knows what it's made from, and how dangerous it is. Plus, you only get 10 days use out of it.
4. Poor quality. I had no luck getting it to work in my keyboard (AAx2 version probably bad contacts) But worked fine in my trackpad.
Overall the experience was pretty bad. Both with the product and customer support. They also tried to make up for the poor labelling by saying that all the info I need is on the website. "On the website it states this.. On the website it states that... So no, we didn't mislead you. If you want another battery you have to order one"
Website information doesn't make up for false packaging.
You also have to think of the products you're using it with. By not knowing anything about the battery, how do you know it won't explode, or leak everywhere and damage your keyboard or trackpad? Do you think Modee will claim responsibility and replace it for you? Doubt it.
Far better options out there than this. Just buy the Apple rechargeable batteries for $30 and be done with it. At least they have the legendary Apple guarantees. …
- Written by Beau Y from Kallangur
3 of 3 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
- Asked by Frank G from Gloucester
- Feb 15, 2012
No it does not. The only keyboard that it is compatible with, is the Apple Wireless Keyboard, curren t model, that uses 2-AA Batteries. …
- Answered by Cristof K from Las Vegas
- Mar 19, 2012
- Asked by Mark B from Cupertino
- Sep 2, 2011
Yes, the recharger does not impede the use of the keyboard or trackpad while they're charging.
- Answered by Jeffrey C from San Francisco
- Sep 1, 2012
Is this device compatible (I.e., usable with) the Magic Wand unit (locks keyboard/trackpad together)? That is, do they fit together at the same time?
- Asked by Wayne R from Ottawa
- Jan 3, 2012
No, you cannot use Magic Bar with the Magic Wand
- Answered by Julie V
- Feb 22, 2012