The Philips DC291 docking clock radio delivers surprisingly rich, deep sound in a stylish and attractive brushed aluminium finish.
Wake up your way
Dual alarms let you set different times for weekdays and weekends, or even vary the alarm settings for more than one person. The gentle wake up feature gradually increases alarm volume, and allows you to wake to your favorite music, radio station, or buzzer alarm.
Great sound and convenience
The Digital Sound Control and Dynamic Bass Boost features combine to provide sound performance that rivals much larger audio systems. The smartly designed spring-loaded docking port allows you to effortlessly dock your iPod, iPhone, or iPad, even in a protective case. And when you connect and dock your device, the DC291 automatically synchronises the clock with it within a few seconds. So you never need to set the time manually.
- Play and charge your iPod/iPhone/iPad
- FM stereo tuner with 20 station presets
- Dual Alarms with Gentle Wake feature and sleep timer
- Full-function wireless remote control
- 10 watts RMS total output power
- Digital Sound Control offers a choice of preset EQ settings
- Dynamic Bass Boost for great sound at all listening levels
- Aux-in for easy connection of other electronic devices
- Auto clock synchronisation with iPod/iPhone/iPad when docked
- Neodymium speaker driver for rich and clear sound
- Battery backup (battery not included)
Did you notice?The spring-loaded docking port lets you easily dock your iPod, iPhone, or iPad, even when it's in a protective case.
Apple Recommends ForListen and wake to the music on your iPhone, iPod, or iPad.
What's in the Box?
- Philips DC291 Docking Clock Radio
- Wireless remote control
- Aux-in cable
- User manual
- Quick start guide
- Input Type : 30 Pin Dock, 3.5mm Stereo Jack
- Power Source : AC
- Height : 4.5 in./11.4 cm
- Width : 10.3 in./26.3 cm
- Weight : 3.1 lb./1.4 kg
- Length : 6.5 in./16.5 cm
- Mfr. Part Number : DC291/37
- UPC or EAN No. : 8712581603205
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
800-908-988 or Chat now
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPod nano 1st Generation
iPod nano 2nd Generation
iPod nano 3rd Generation (video)
iPod nano 4th Generation (video)
iPod nano 5th Generation (video camera)
iPod nano 6th Generation
iPod touch 1st Generation
iPod touch 2nd Generation
iPod touch 3rd Generation
iPod touch 4th Generation
Ratings & Reviews
Beautiful industrial design, charges ipod and ipad 2 simultaneously. Decent sound quality (I haven't blasted it yet...only used f Beautiful industrial design, charges ipod and ipad 2 simultaneously. Decent sound quality (I haven't blasted it yet...only used for quiet night time music).
My only problem is the ipad is a little hard to get docked, especially if the Smart Cover is on. A few times I thought I docked it, but in the morning realized the plug was only wedged betweeen the smart cover and the ipad!
The remote control works but I wish it were a little more hefty. It feels so lightweight that it's kinda like a toy remote. If the line of sight is blocked, the remote doesn't work very well.
Overall, this is a beautiful piece of equipment that works well with your ipod/ipad. …
- Written by Kwang P from Woodbridge
236 of 257 people found this useful
Not quite right
Sounds great, looks great. Unfortunately it does NOT have battery back-up. If power is lost the alarm and time are re-set. I confi Sounds great, looks great. Unfortunately it does NOT have battery back-up. If power is lost the alarm and time are re-set. I confirmed this with Philips who pointed out that the documentation shipped with the product describes this.How stupid is that? They couldn't tell me what the batteries actually do.
Also, whenever my phone is docked, the radio cuts out for 3-15 seconds on a seemingly random basis. …
- Written by Wayne C from Belmont
233 of 277 people found this useful
Great sound and remote. Little big and not intuitive to program, but once it is...its great.
- Written by laura F from spring
204 of 226 people found this useful
No AM Tuner!
I didn't read the description well enough.....no AM tuner! I had never seen a radio without it, so was quite surprised.
I have t I didn't read the description well enough.....no AM tuner! I had never seen a radio without it, so was quite surprised.
I have trouble docking my iPad when it's in the Apple iPad case. …
- Written by Nicalaine B from Baker
3 of 4 people found this useful
Great dock, really good sound quality. Compared so many docks and this one was top!!! Not sure if it is compatible with the new 'c Great dock, really good sound quality. Compared so many docks and this one was top!!! Not sure if it is compatible with the new 'connector types though! …
- Written by Elliott N from Fairford
2 of 2 people found this useful
Good little unit
We've had this for about 6 months now and its working great, sounds great and really pumps it out for such a small unit. Remote su We've had this for about 6 months now and its working great, sounds great and really pumps it out for such a small unit. Remote suprisingly hasnt had problems given it feels light and cheap but overall very happy. …
- Written by Michael G from Brisbane
2 of 2 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
what color are the display figures on the clock?
- Asked by John H from Santa Rosa
- Dec 27, 2011