Never replace batteries again with Mobee's magical wireless inductive charger for the Magic Mouse. The sleek and unobtrusive design lets your mouse rest easy on a sleek charging station that plugs in to a USB port. The set up takes just a minute.
A full charge takes approximately five hours and then lasts and lasts for worry-free pointing and clicking. Have to travel? No worries, because a full charge will last about six days. And if your trip is longer, the slim device is easily portable.
- Six days of autonomous power on a full charge
- Easy set up—can be completed in a minute
- USB powered
- Slim and light, so it's ideal for mobile users
- Go green and stop replacing AA batteries
Did you notice?A steady green LED means you’re fully charged and ready for action.
Apple Recommends ForUninterrupted use of your Magic Mouse without having to hunt down AA batteries.
What's in the Box?
- Battery pack
- Base station
- Mini USB cable
- Connections : USB
- Height : 0.35 in./0.9cm
- Width : 2.55 in./6.5cm
- Weight : 1.94 oz./55g (Base station); 1.30 oz./37g (Replacement battery pack)
- UPC or EAN No. : 609465362465
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
Ratings & Reviews
More of an $$$ gadget than useful
I bought 2 of these units for our iMacs. The initial install was OK and the unit worked. The specs said that it works up to 6 da ys without a recharge, so I decided to push it and see how long it goes. After 4 days, the Mac battery level was reading 9%, so I decided to charge it. The first overnight charge was OK, back to 100% and the light on the charger was solid green. The 2nd (and subsequent) charges worked, but the green flashing light did not go solid.
My test was to turn off the mouse and let it charge. It worked and the green light went solid after a night charge. When the mouse is left on (on/off switch), then the charger thinks it's not fully charged and keeps flashing.
A few things to remember:
- The unit comes with a USB cable for charging, but no charger. They assume that you will use your Mac or laptop to charge it. If your Mac goes to sleep, the port goes dead and you can not charge the unit. You need an external power supply such as iPhone charger.
- Rechargeable batteries are 1.25 volts rather than 1.5 volts of a AA battery, so your battery gauge on the Mac is inaccurate.
- Since the unit uses electronics for charging, your battery is even smaller and has less of a lifetime than 2 AA rechargeables. I recommend charging every other night to be safe.
Their tech support says that it's working the way it should, and if I turn off the mouse while charging, or take the battery back out and leave it on the charger by itself (their suggestion) the light goes to solid green but if I leave the mouse on, the light keeps flashing. I personally don't know anyone who turns off their mouse or takes the batteries out every night. …
- Written by Sean A from Escondido
828 of 896 people found this useful
Works great when it works. When it doesn't, contact Mobee.
I had my Mobee Charger since it was released (about 6-7 weeks). Initially, it worked great. It would charge without issues and my Magic Mouse stayed connected. At about 4 weeks, I started having issues with the mouse disconnecting. This problem became more frequent until then it would not even charge correctly. I contacted Mobee and they agreed that I had a defective product. They promptly replaced it (kudos to them), and so far it has worked well for the past week or so. Let's hope I just got unlucky and that this replacement will continue to work well. …
- Written by Camilo M from Arcadia
418 of 471 people found this useful
Amazing product !!!
I have an office of 26 employees who use the magic mouse daily , the Mobee magic charger saves us money and time ,and ofcourse its GREEN ! keep up the good work MOBEE !...We do need a charger for keyboard too plz ! …
- Written by jonathan S
275 of 371 people found this useful
Save money; save the planet
WELL, bought this after running down the batteries on my Magic Mouse AGAIN after a long period of document copy editing and review ing. After reading all the reviews for the Mobee charger, I did buy the thing with not a little trepidation, but thought I should at least give it a go.
The kit is stylish (with clear plastic wrapping around each item in the box, a la Apple), and suits all the other Apple trinkets on my desk. The battery pack slotted easily into the Magic Mouse, and there was enough charge to start using it straight away. I've been using it for a few days, now, and the Mobee actually seems to work well. I've had no issues around pairing, and so far it just seems like...well, a normal Magic Mouse.
So far, very happy with the Mobee, and would recommend others to give it a go. …
- Written by Ian H from Bingley
1 of 2 people found this useful
Good for about 6 months
This is awesome for about 6 months then the battery starts to not last that long. Just like anything has to be replaced. Note: mig ht have been cheaper to buy normal AA batteries. …
- Written by Alexandr G from Cumming
1 of 1 people found this useful
Hopeless...can't keep a connection
This product's aim is commendable and the build quality is first class. However, if you use your Mac regularly you'll tear your ha ir out (if you have any of course) and your blood pressure will go through the roof because it loses it's connection almost every few minutes. Back to store for me I'm afraid until I hear they have addressed the problem. …
- Written by Jeff N from HARTLEPOOL
1 of 1 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
- Asked by Richard R from Trafford
- Apr 11, 2013
Yes, the Mobee battery pack makes the mouse lighter than using AA batteries. It's not substantially lighter, but light enough to notice a difference. …
- Answered by Brandon O X from Toronto
- Apr 24, 2013
- Asked by Marie R from Bellingham
- Mar 19, 2013
Yes. The charger works on all surfaces. The Magic Mouse itself, a different story,
- Answered by Max F
- Apr 8, 2013
- Asked by Josette N from St Charles Borromee
- Jan 7, 2013
You can leave the Magic Mouse on the charging station at all times when not in use, like a resting p lace. …
- Answered by Mobee T
- Jan 11, 2013
- Asked by Janis L from Terre Haute
- Feb 17, 2012
To quote the details just above!
A full charge takes approximately five hou rs and then lasts and lasts for worry-free pointing and clicking. Have to travel? No worries, because a full charge will last about six days. And if your trip is longer, the slim device is easily portable. …
- Answered by Doug S from Lake Villa
- Mar 2, 2012
- Asked by Lyn D
- Dec 6, 2012
yes, simply remove the batteries and replace with the battery pack that comes with the Mobee.
- Answered by Lou V from Stuart
- Feb 2, 2013
- Asked by Paul R
- Jan 7, 2012
Yes you can place your Magic Charger on the Magic Charger when you don't use it, it will allow you t o get a fully charged mouse all the time! …
- Answered by Mobee T
- Jan 14, 2012