Griffin's USB-to-Apple Dock extension cable is almost 10 feet long and built with heavy-duty 16-gauge conductors to handle the 2.1 amp power needs of your iPad. Connect this cable to your computer's USB port to sync your iPad, iPod, or iPhone; or to any 2.1 amp USB power source (PowerBlock or PowerJolt) and charge from almost 10 feet away.
- Charges iPad, iPhone, or iPod
- Extra length (9.8 ft./3 m) to put the power where you need it
- Heavy-duty 16-gauge conductors to handle 2.1-amp charging for iPad
- Durable cable jacket protects wire cores and resists kinks and tangles
Did you notice?The heavy-duty 16-gauge conductors allow the cable to easily handle 2.1-amp charging for iPad.
Apple Recommends ForCharge your iPad, iPhone, or iPod from just about anywhere in the room.
What's in the Box?
- USB to Apple Dock Connector Extension Cable for iPad, iPhone or iPod
- Weight : 2.1 oz./3.7 g
- Length : 9.8 ft./3.0 m
- Mfr. Part Number : PR17120
- UPC or EAN No. : 685387307296
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPod 5th Generation (video)
iPod classic 80GB/160GB (2007)
iPod classic 120GB (2008)
iPod classic 160GB (2009)
iPod nano 1st Generation
iPod nano 2nd Generation
iPod nano 4th Generation (video)
iPod nano 5th Generation (video camera)
iPod nano 6th Generation
iPod touch 1st Generation
iPod touch 2nd Generation
iPod touch 3rd Generation
iPod touch 4th Generation
Ratings & Reviews
I bought this cable because I needed more length so I could charge my iPhone 4 and use it anywhere in the room at the same time. W hen I opened the box it came in it was really heavy duty. The length is just what I was looking for. I am very happy with this cable and recommend it to anyone with similar needs. A+ …
- Written by Eric P from simi valley
125 of 146 people found this useful
Extreme length allows me to charge my iPhone/iPod anywhere. The standard apple dock connector/USB cable was too short for my charg ing needs. For example, I like to charge my iPhone 4 overnight on my night stand next to my bed. This way it will be fully charged by morning and close enough to me in case I need it during the night. Problem was, my outlet is out of reach of my night stand when using the standard apple dock connector/USB cable. Not anymore! With this cable, which maxes out at around ten feet in length, it really doesn't matter where your power outlets are located. Pretty much no outlet is out of reach and you can charge your device anywhere! I'm very happy with this purchase and would encourage anyone with similar charging needs to get one as well. You won't regret it. For your syncing needs though, I'd stick with the standard issue apple dock connector/USB cable. Also, the only concern I had before purchasing this cable was will the dock connector fit an iPhone 4 with a bumper. Yes it does. No problems. Get it! …
- Written by Jonathan K from Lahaina
92 of 108 people found this useful
Does what it says on the tin.
• length - at 3m/10ft it's really useful, filling a variety of needs.
• toughness - thickness (16 AWG: about 2x normal c able) makes it stronger.
• quality - the 2 ends feel sturdy and not easily breakable.
• versatile - nearly all iDevices: most iPod range, all iPhones, all iPads.
• iPad - carries 2.1 amp, for wall & car charging (using 2.1 power sources).
• iPhone 4 bumper - compatible, fits in bumper gap for sync & charging.
• weight - with bulk comes weight to get toughness, though not too bad.
• price - £30 still feel lots for a cable (like me, if poss, buy in US to save a ⅓).
In summary, a good idea really, as it can be used across many Apple portable devices, and the quality is pretty good.
Would recommend if you need the length and can accept the price (currently around double the 1m/3ft standard Apple cable's price, when you buy those separately), hence a star deducted.
Definitely worth purchasing, so much so, one wonders why Apple don't do longer ones themselves. …
- Written by James S from Hove
46 of 49 people found this useful
Useless - not compatible with Griffin's own iPad cover
This is basic usability guys. If you're going to charge a premium for your products, make sure they work with each other. This ext ension cable is not compatible with Griffin's own iPad cover. Waste of £30. …
- Written by Nicholas R from Cirencester
3 of 5 people found this useful
Stopped working after 3 days of use, and had to take off case on phone to use it
- Written by Lee C from Glendale
17 of 18 people found this useful
Shame on Griffin!
It is quite shameful of Griffin to make such a poorly designed product!
I loved the length of this cable but even if I did not touch it, it fell out of both, my iPad and my iPhone!
Both did not have any covers/cases on. Then I put on the Griffin Survivor case on iPad and could not even plug in the cord. Both made by the same company for the same product!
Shame on Griffin! …
- Written by E, B from Oakhurst
15 of 16 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
- Asked by Sean M from Fairfield
- Mar 23, 2011
Nope. Sorry. But there are several printers out there that support WIFI printing.
- Answered by Laurens L from Honolulu
- May 22, 2011
- Asked by Tino N from San Francisco
- Mar 17, 2012
I'll answer my own question. It's yes! It charges and syncs the iPad (v3) perfectly.
- Answered by Tino N from San Francisco
- Mar 18, 2012
- Answered by Jonathan K from Lahaina
- Aug 5, 2010
- Asked by Danny C from Cleveland
- Sep 29, 2011
YES IT WORKS, I HAVE A IPHONE 4S AND IT WORKS FINE, THIS IS JUST A LONGER CORD.
- Answered by Allan M from Brighton
- May 21, 2012
- Asked by Ronald L from French Creek
- Nov 2, 2011