Originally released March 2012
Bluetooth 4.0 technology
9.7-inch Retina display
5-megapixel iSight camera
HD video recording
Dual-core A5X chip
10-hour battery life
Smart covers (sold separately), instant on
662 g and 9.4 mm
Apple Certified Refurbished Products
- Quality products at great prices
- Rigorous refurbishment process prior to sale
- Covered by Apple's one-year limited warranty
- Covered by Apple's 14-day returns policy
- AppleCare Protection Plan can be purchased
- Engraving and gift wrap not available for refurbished iPads
- Supplies are limited
Retina display. See everything like never before.
Four times more pixels than iPad 2. Razor-sharp text. Richer colors. The Retina display transforms the entire iPad experience. So everything looks and feels incredibly lifelike and perfectly detailed.
The A5X chip with quad-core graphics drives four times the pixels of iPad 2 yet it delivers the same smoothness and fluidity iPad is known for. Even with all that extra oomph, the new iPad still gets an amazing 10 hours of battery life.
The iSight camera. Your memories have never been clearer.
The new iPad features Apple’s 5-megapixel iSight camera. Designed with advanced optics, it lets you shoot gorgeous photos and 1080p HD video.
iOS. The world’s most advanced mobile operating system.
iOS is the magic behind iPad. It lets you see and do everything using Multi-Touch. It includes all the powerful, innovative, and fun built-in apps you use every day, many times a day. It’s the preferred choice for app developers. And it’s yet another reason no other device comes close to iPad.
iCloud. Your content. On all your devices.
iCloud stores your music, photos, apps, mail, contacts, calendars, documents, and more and wirelessly pushes them to all your devices. So if you buy a song, take a photo, or edit a calendar event on your iPad, iCloud makes sure it appears on your Mac, iPhone, and iPod touch, too. You don’t have to do a thing.
Dictation. Talking is the new typing.
Write an email. Send a text. Search the web. Or create a note. And do it all with only your voice. Instead of typing, tap the microphone icon on the keyboard. Then say what you want to say while your iPad listens. When you’re done, tap anywhere on the screen and, just like that, your spoken words become written words. Dictation also works with third-party apps, so you can do things like update your Facebook status or share a thought on your Twitter feed.
App Store. Something for everyone. And everything.
Apps for iPad aren’t like anything else. That’s because every app — 200,000 and counting — is designed to work with iPad features like the beautiful 9.7-inch screen, Multi-Touch, the accelerometer, the gyroscope, and more.
iPad Smart Cover. Designed for iPad. And vice versa. (Sold separately)
More than a way to protect iPad from dust and scratches, the iPad Smart Cover can wake and sleep iPad with a simple open and close. It even folds back and instantly turns into a handy little stand.
AirPlay. Play it on your iPad. Watch it on your HDTV.
Whether it’s the new album you bought, photos of your Barcelona escapade, or an HD movie, AirPlay lets you stream what’s on your iPad straight to your speakers and HDTV.
|Model||Refurbished iPad, Wi-Fi + Cellular (3rd generation)|
|Processor||Dual-core Apple A5X custom-designed, high-performance, low-power system-on-a-chip with quad-core graphics|
|Display||Retina display, 9.7-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen Multi-Touch display with IPS technology, 2048-by-1536-pixel resolution at 264 pixels per inch (ppi), Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating, Support for display of multiple languages and characters simultaneously|
|Cameras, Photos, and Video Recording||5-megapixel iSight camera, Autofocus, Tap to focus, Face detection in still images, Video recording, HD (1080p) up to 30 frames per second with audio, Video stabilization, FaceTime camera with VGA-quality photos and video at up to 30 frames per second, Photo and video geotagging|
|Battery & Power1||Built-in 42.5-watt-hour rechargeable lithium-polymer battery, Up to 10 hours of surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching video, or listening to music, Charging via power adapter or USB to computer system|
|Input and Output||30-pin dock connector port, 3.5-mm stereo headphone minijack, Built-in speaker, Microphone, Micro-SIM card tray|
|Sensors||Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor, Gyroscope|
|Wireless & Cellular||Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n), Bluetooth 4.0 technology, Model for AT&T: 4G LTE (700, 2100 MHz)3; UMTS/HSPA/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz), Model for Verizon: 4G LTE (700 MHz)3; CDMA EV-DO Rev. A (800, 1900 MHz); UMTS/HSPA/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz), Data only5 Connects to the Internet over Wi-Fi and fast mobile data networks.|
|Audio Playback||Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz, Audio formats supported: HE-AAC (V1 and V2), AAC (8 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, and 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV, User-configurable maximum volume limit, Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound pass-through with Apple Digital AV Adapter (sold separately)|
|TV and Video||AirPlay Mirroring to Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation) at 720p, AirPlay video streaming to Apple TV (3rd generation) at up to 1080p and Apple TV (2nd generation) at up to 720p, Video mirroring and video out support: Up to 1080p with Apple Digital AV Adapter or Apple VGA Adapter (adapters sold separately), Video out support at 576i and 480i with Apple Composite AV Cable (cable sold separately), Video formats supported: H.264 video up to 1080p, 30 frames per second, High Profile level 4.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format|
|Mail Attachment Support||Viewable document types: .jpg, .tiff, .gif (images); .doc and .docx (Microsoft Word); .htm and .html (web pages); .key (Keynote); .numbers (Numbers); .pages (Pages); .pdf (Preview and Adobe Acrobat); .ppt and .pptx (Microsoft PowerPoint); .txt (text); .rtf (rich text format); .vcf (contact information); .xls and .xlsx (Microsoft Excel)|
|Languages||Language support for English (U.S.), English (UK), Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
Keyboard support for English (U.S.), English (UK), Chinese - Simplified (Handwriting, Pinyin, Stroke), Chinese - Traditional (Handwriting, Pinyin, Zhuyin, Cangjie, Stroke), French, French (Canadian), French (Switzerland), German (Germany), German (Switzerland), Italian, Japanese (Romaji, Kana), Korean, Spanish, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Cherokee, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Emoji, Estonian, Finnish, Flemish, Greek, Hawaiian, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Serbian (Cyrillic/Latin), Slovak, Swedish, Thai, Tibetan, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
Dictionary support (enables predictive text and autocorrect) for English (U.S.), English (UK), Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), French, French (Canadian), French (Switzerland), German, Italian, Japanese (Romaji, Kana), Korean, Spanish, Arabic, Catalan, Cherokee, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, Flemish, Greek, Hawaiian, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
Dictation support for English (U.S., UK, and Australian), French, German, Japanese
|Location||Wi-Fi, Digital compass, Assisted GPS and GLONASS, Cellular|
|Accessibility||VoiceOver screen reader, Support for playback of closed-captioned content, AssistiveTouch interface for adaptive accessories, Full-screen zoom magnification, Large fonts, White on black display, Left/right volume adjustment|
|Size & Weight2||Height: 241.2 mm, Width: 185.7 mm, Depth: 9.4 mm, Weight: 662 g|
- Testing conducted by Apple in February 2012 using preproduction iPad units and software. Testing consisted of full battery discharge while performing each of the following tasks: video playback, audio playback, and Internet browsing using Wi-Fi or cellular data network. Video content was a repeated 2-hour 23-minute movie purchased from the iTunes Store. Audio content was a playlist of 358 unique songs, consisting of a combination of songs imported from CDs using iTunes (128-Kbps AAC encoding) and songs purchased from the iTunes Store (256-Kbps AAC encoding). Internet over Wi-Fi and cellular data network tests were conducted using dedicated web and mail servers, browsing snapshot versions of 20 popular web pages, and receiving mail once an hour. All settings were default except: Wi-Fi was associated with a network (except for Internet browsing over cellular data network); the Wi-Fi feature Ask to Join Networks and Auto-Brightness were turned off. Battery life depends on device settings, usage, and many other factors. Battery tests are conducted using specific iPad units; actual results may vary.
- Actual size and weight vary by configuration and manufacturing process.
- Wireless broadband recommended; fees may apply.
- Following the 90 day support period, you may be asked to provide a credit card or other payment method.
- Cellular data plan is sold separately. The model you purchase is configured to work with a particular cellular network technology. Check with your carrier for compatibility and cellular data plan availability.
- Refurbished iPad
- Dock Connector to USB Cable
- 10W USB Power Adapter
- Apple ID (required for some features)
- Internet access3
- Syncing with iTunes on a Mac or PC requires:
- Mac: OS X v10.5.8 or later
- PC: Windows 7; Windows Vista; or Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 3 or later
- iTunes 10.6 or later
- Operating temperature: 32° to 95° F (0° to 35° C)
- Non-operating temperature: -4° to 113° F (-20° to 45° C)
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing
- Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet (3000 m)