Sales and Refund Policy
Hong Kong Apple Store for Education Individuals
Thanks for shopping at Apple. We appreciate the fact that you like to buy the cool stuff we build. We also want to make sure you have a rewarding experience while you’re exploring, evaluating, and purchasing our products, whether you’re at the Apple Online Store or on the phone with the Apple Contact Center. (To make it visually easier on both of us, we’ll refer to these entities as the “Apple Store” in this policy.)
Those eligible to purchase from the Apple Store for Education Individuals include faculty, staff, students and parents as follows:
- Kindergarten, Primary and secondary schools: Any employee of a public or private kindergarten, primary or secondary schools in Hong Kong is eligible.
- University and Polytechnics: Faculty and staff of Universities or Polytechnics in Hong Kong; and students attending, or accepted into Universities or Polytechnics in Hong Kong are eligible to purchase.
- University and Polytechnics: Parents purchasing on behalf of their child, who is a student currently attending or accepted into a into a University or Polytechnics in Hong Kong, are eligible to purchase.
Purchases from the Apple Store for Education Individuals are not for institutional purchase or resale.
Quantity limitation for Education customers
Faculty, Staff and Students purchasing from the Apple Store for Education Individuals will be allowed to purchase the following quantities of product per academic school year:
- Desktop: One (1) may be purchased per academic year
- Mac mini: One (1) may be purchased per academic year
- Notebook: One (1) may be purchased per academic year
- Display: A maximum of two (2) may be purchased per academic year
- Apple TV: There is no limit on the quantity of Apple TV purchases per academic year
- iPod: There is no limit on the quantity of iPod purchases per academic year
Education customers audit rights
Apple routinely audits the purchases of customers at the Apple Store for Education to insure that only eligible purchases have ordered and that all purchase conditions have been observed. Should an audit disclose after delivery (or should Apple otherwise discover) that you were not an eligible purchaser at the time you placed your order or that you have not observed all of the conditions applicable to your purchase, you authorize Apple:
- If you placed your order by credit card, to charge to your credit card the difference between the amount you paid for the delivered goods and the price that Apple charged the general public for the same goods at the Apple Store, in effect on the date that you placed your order; and
- If you paid by a means other than credit card, to (a) invoice you for the difference between the amount that you paid for the delivered goods and the price that Apple charged the general public for the same goods at the Apple Store, payable in fifteen days from the date of the invoice, and (b), should you fail to pay the invoice when due, institute legal action against you in a court of competent jurisdiction, with the prevailing party entitled to attorneys' fees.
- Should Apple not offer to the general public the specific products that you purchased at the Apple Store for education, your credit card will be charged or you will be invoiced the difference between the amount you paid for the delivered goods and the price that Apple charged the general public for the closest equivalent goods at the Apple Store, in effect on the date that you placed your order.
We fundamentally believe you will be thrilled with the products you purchase from the Apple Store. That’s because we go out of our way to ensure that they’re designed and built to be just what you need. We understand, however, that sometimes a product may not be what you expected it to be. In that unlikely event, we invite you to review the following terms related to returning a product.
To return a product, simply contact us and send back your product with the original receipt (or gift receipt) and original packaging within 14 days of the date you receive the product. If the item is returned within this timeframe, we’ll exchange it or offer a refund based upon the original payment method. Please note the following:
- Products can be returned only in the country in which they were originally purchased.
- The following products are not eligible for return: electronic software downloads, subscriptions to the Software-Up-To-Date program, Apple Store Gift Cards, and any Apple Developer Connection products.
- Opened software cannot be returned if it contained a seal with the software license on the outside of the package and you could read the software license before opening its packaging. As an exception, you may return Apple-branded software if you do not agree to the licensing terms; however, you may not retain or otherwise use any copies of returned software.
- Apple provides security features to enable you to protect your product in case of loss or theft. If you do not disable these features prior to returning your device, Apple may refuse the return or exchange.
- A 25% open box fee will be assessed on any opened hardware or accessory (per return unit). A 15% restocking fee will be assessed on closed box returns (per unit).
For complete details on how to return a product purchased at the Apple Store please visit the Return & Refund page. In addition to the foregoing return rights, you may return defective products pursuant to the product’s warranty. Visit Apple’s Hardware Warranties or contact AppleCare Technical Support at 800-908-988 for more information.
The purchase and use of an iPhone is subject to terms and conditions found at: http://www.apple.com/legal/sla/ and http://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/. In addition, by purchasing an iPhone, you expressly acknowledge that:
- A wireless service plan is required to activate all iPhone features.
- Making unauthorized modifications to the software on an iPhone violates the iPhone software license agreement. Should you be unable to use your iPhone due to an unauthorized software modification, its repair will not be covered under the warranty.
Some Apple products utilize wireless services that may incur extra costs and are governed by the terms of a separate agreement between you and your selected wireless service provider. Returning a product to Apple does not automatically cancel your wireless service. You are responsible for your wireless service agreement and for any applicable fees associated with your wireless account.
Pricing and Price Reductions/Corrections
With regards to pricing, Apple reserves the right to change prices for products displayed at/on the Apple Store at any time, and to correct pricing errors that may inadvertently occur. In the event of a pricing error, we will notify you of the error and allow you to either proceed with the transaction at the correct price or cancel your order at no cost to you. Additional information about pricing and sales tax is available on the Payment & Pricing page.
Should Apple reduce its price on any Apple-branded product within 14 calendar days from the date you receive your product, feel free to contact the Apple Contact Center at 800-908-988 to request a refund or credit of the difference between the price you were charged and the current selling price. To receive the refund or credit you must contact Apple within 14 calendar days of the price change. Please note that this excludes limited-time price reductions, such as those that occur during special sales events.
Information contained at the Apple Store constitutes an invitation to treat. No such information constitutes an offer by us to supply any products. By placing an order, you make an offer to us to purchase the products you have selected on these terms and conditions. We may or may not accept your offer at our discretion. Once we receive your order, we’ll provide you with an email order confirmation. Your receipt of an order confirmation, however, does not signify Apple’s acceptance of your order, nor does it constitute confirmation of our offer to sell; we are simply confirming that we received your order. Once we have processed your order and prepared it for shipping, we will send you an email stating that we have accepted your order, which will include the shipment details (the “Order Acceptance Email”). The decision to accept your order is in our sole discretion. Because we want to make sure that we have your product available, we won’t accept your order until we have prepared your product for shipping. In most cases this will be within twenty-four hours for items that are in stock. For items that are not in stock, you will receive the Order Acceptance Email when the item becomes available and has been prepared for shipping. Apple may, in its sole discretion, refuse or cancel any order and limit order quantity. Apple may require additional qualifying information prior to accepting or processing any order.
Shipping & Delivery
Please review the Shipping & Pickup page to learn about how and when you will receive the products you purchased from the Apple Store. Since the actual delivery of your order can be impacted by many events beyond Apple’s control once it leaves our facilities, Apple cannot be held liable for late deliveries. If we are unable to deliver your products to you within 30 days of the date of issue of your Order Acceptance Email, you will have the option to cancel your order. The estimated shipment date on your order is based on product availability, payment processing time, and warehouse processing time and does not include transit time. Payment processing will not begin until we receive all the information we need and full payment. Apple must receive your payment within 10 calendar days or your order will be cancelled.
Apple Store products are delivered by appointed courier(s) during business hours Monday to Friday. Signature is required for all deliveries. In the event of an unsuccessful delivery, a calling card will be left to inform you to contact the courier to arrange a more convenient delivery day. We will send you an email after 2 delivery attempts requesting you to contact us within three days to arrange for re-delivery. If we do not hear from you within three days to arrange for re-delivery or if re-delivery is still unsuccessful, the relevant products of your Order will be considered as returned to us and you will be subject to a 15% restocking fee. For your convenience, you may prefer to have your order delivered to your office address. Please note, if you choose this option, goods may be left with reception or the Delivery Department. Delivery to a PO Box is not permitted for security reasons. Customers with addresses on outlying islands may not receive door to door delivery.
The Apple Store sells and ships products to end-user customers only. You may not purchase products at the Apple Store for resale, and we reserve the right to refuse or cancel your order if we have reasonable grounds to believe the product is not being purchased by you for end use.
Hong Kong Sales Only
The Apple Store accepts orders from billing addresses within Hong Kong. Apple will not ship products purchased at the Apple Store to an address outside of the Hong Kong. Apple products are subject to Hong Kong and international export control laws and regulations and must be purchased, sold, exported, re-exported, transferred, and used in compliance with such export laws and regulations.
Product Availability and Limitations
Given the popularity and/or supply constraints of some of our products, Apple may have to limit the number of products available for purchase. Apple reserves the right to change quantities available for purchase at any time, even after you place an order. Furthermore, there may be occasions when Apple confirms your order but subsequently learns that it cannot supply the ordered product. In the event we cannot supply a product you ordered, Apple will cancel the order and refund your purchase price in full.
Apple One-Year Limited Manufacturer Warranty
Apple provides a one-year limited manufacturer warranty against defects in materials and workmanship for any new Apple branded product. The applicable warranty terms and conditions can be reviewed at http://apple.com/hk/legal/warranty and are also contained in your Apple hardware box. The Apple One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - please see your product box and literature for details.
By placing your order, you agree that we may store, process and use data provided by you for the purposes of processing your order. If you so indicate on the appropriate section of the checkout page, by placing your order you also agree that we may transfer such data, other than credit card details, to other companies in the Apple group of companies in order to provide you with information from time to time on other Apple products and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not agree to our transferring such data to other companies in the Apple group of companies in order to provide you with information on other Apple products and services, you should indicate your non-agreement on the appropriate section of checkout. You may obtain a copy of the data held by us concerning you on request in writing. We reserve the right to charge an administration fee for processing such request. If any data held by us concerning you is incorrect, we will correct it on your written request.
The Contract will be governed by the laws of the Special Administrative Region of Hong Kong. Both we and you irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that Region. Neither our failure or your failure to enforce any term of the Contract constitutes a waiver of such term. Such failure shall in no way affect the right later to enforce such term.