GiO is a revolutionary guitar interface featuring the award-winning sound quality that made Apogee Electronics famous. Designed to work easily with GarageBand, Logic, Final Cut or any Core Audio compliant application, GiO is the perfect addition to your guitar or bass. Take full control Designed to work with the new Logic Studio 9 and MainStage 2, GiO allows you to control recording functions, preset changes and plug-ins like Amp Designer and Pedalboard, along with new Playback and Loopback features in MainStage. With GarageBand, GiO is truly plug-and-play. It lets you quickly connect your guitar, select and control built-in Amps and stompboxes, and record. Truly accurate sound The 1/4-inch instrument input features Apogee's world-class instrument preamp and converters. Hear and record your guitar's true tone straight into GarageBand, Logic and MainStage without compromise. GiO is optimised for all pickup configurations. Input for pedal control On-board Expression control pedal input allows access to traditional effects like wah-wah and volume. You can also control effects parameters like the length of a delay or the speed of a tremolo. (Expression Control Pedal not included.) Convenient USB power GiO is fully powered by the USB connection to your Mac, eliminating the need for an external power source. Simply plug into an available USB port on any Mac and you're ready to go. Superb quality output Hear your guitar and recording like never before thanks to GiO's 24-bit audio at sample rates of 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz for pristine, better than CD sound quality. Just connect your headphones, powered monitors or instrument amplifier to Apogee converters via GiO's 1/4-inch stereo output.
- Unbalanced 1/4-inch high impedance instrument input
- 1/4-inch MIDI Expression pedal input
- Line-level, 1/4-inch stereo output for headphones, powered monitors or an instrument amplifier
- Five Stompbox buttons, dynamically colour coded to match software effects
- Five transport control buttons, dynamically lit when engaged
- Two "Previous/Next" preset selection buttons
- Control built into GarageBand '09, Logic Pro 9 and MainStage 2 software
- Compatible with any Core Audio compliant audio application
- Plug-and-play ease with GarageBand and Logic—no setup required
Did you notice?Revolutionary design offers complete control of all presets, effects and a transport control - all at the tips of your feet. And your instrument will sound recording studio perfect.
Apple Recommends ForIncredibly easy to use with GarageBand, Logic and virtually all Mac compatible software, this one device gives you professional-quality instrument input, stereo output, expression pedal input all with dynamically lit transport control buttons and more.
What's in the Box?
- Apogee GiO
- USB cable (16.4 ft./5 m)
- 1/4-in. Stereo to left/right RCA cable (9.8 ft./3 m)
- Apogee software and documentation CD
- Quick start guide
- Input Type: 1/4 Inch Mono
- Height: 2.5 in./6.4 cm
- Width: 7.0 in./17.8 cm
- Weight: 6.5 lb./2.95 kg
- Length: 18.0 in./45.7 cm
- Mac OS X v.10.5.7 or later
- Mac PowerPC G5 or Intel processor
- 2 GB RAM
- UPC or EAN No.: 805676300801
- Note: Applen yhden vuoden rajoitettu takuu ei koske tuotteita, jotka eivät ole Apple-merkkisiä, vaikka ne olisivat samassa pakkauksessa Applen tuotteiden kanssa tai myytäisiin niiden kanssa. Muilla kuin Apple-merkkisillä tuotteilla on mahdollisesti tuotteen valmistajan myöntämä valmistajan takuu – katso lisätietoja tuotteen pakkauksesta ja dokumentaatiosta. Valmistajan takuun edut täydentävät kuluttajalainsäädännön takaamia oikeuksia. Katso lisätietoja osoittamalla tähän tähän.
- Warranty: One year warranty
Ratings & Reviews
An outdated device which is now past its sell by date!!
This item although good quality is now dated compared to the iRig and blue box, at £279 it is extremely expensive. Bit like talki This item although good quality is now dated compared to the iRig and blue box, at £279 it is extremely expensive. Bit like talking about projectors like Infocus which were £4000 new and now are better and £1500
You must plug everything in before loading Logic Pro X or you will get howls and feedback like no tomorrow. This is the way Logic Pro X works not the pedal, but the driver leaves all the volumes up if you use the Apogee template which has some good base level set ups.
What is really bad about the device is getting a manual that gives you the specs of what it does and doesn't do not just from a user perspective. There is a user guide but not specs. There is little to no information about how it connects to Logic, Garage band etc. It gives you a template and thats it, you are into the 1000page Logic Pro manual.
Configuring different amps and pedals is not that easy. The assignments are not in the manual they are in the Knowledge base which you have to search for.
So Apogee information is absolutely poor I have sent them many emails and support tickets which they answer but only at a general level like you can or cannot do.
Depending what you plug into the Gio you get an audio channel for that device. So it is not a midi controller and you cannot use software instruments. That would have made it an awesome device.
It is now outdated, I wish I never bought one as I would have bought a Roland GR55 which gives you far more with the midi pickup.
Because of the price, no information and the set up I give this one star just as I would my 10 year old Infocus projector compared to what is available today!! …
- Written by Robert T from Whiteparish
5 of 7 people found this useful
This, in my opinion, is a fantastic item. I bought this for use with my MacBook Pro running Mainstage 2. It works seemlessly with This, in my opinion, is a fantastic item. I bought this for use with my MacBook Pro running Mainstage 2. It works seemlessly with Mainstage, offering exactly the amount of control that I was looking for. I now have a fantastically versatile guitar rig for live performance.
Excellent build quality finishes this off brilliantly. 10/10 thus far.
It was also very simple to 'aggregate' this unit with Apogee Duet2, giving extra output possibilities. Worth every penny! …
- Written by Daniel B from Bracknell
6 of 8 people found this useful