EyeTV Diversity is a powerful dual TV tuner stick (DVB-T, also known as DTT) that lets you watch live digital television on your Mac. It contains two integrated DVB-T tuners and two portable aerials. In Dual-Tuner mode, the two TV tuners operate independently so you can watch or record a TV programme on one channel while recording a different programme on another channel at the same time. Switch to Diversity mode to enjoy superior digital TV reception on your computer deep indoors and in conditions that are challenging for reception. In Diversity mode, the two TV tuners and aerials work together as one integrated unit to generate the best TV signal possible.
EyeTV Diversity is intended for use in countries where digital terrestrial television is broadcast. Digital terrestrial television is also known as DVB-T, DTT, Freeview in the UK and TNT in France. For a list of countries in which DVB standards have been adopted visit, http://www.dvb.org.
EyeTV – watch, record, edit, enjoy
Watch with EyeTV - pause and rewind live television on your Mac – at your desk or from the comfort of your sofa. Relax in your living room and use the EyeTV remote to channel surf and navigate the full screen menus.
Record with EyeTV 3 – the integrated Programme Guide with two full weeks of detailed TV listings.* Search for your favourite programmes, topics and actors using multiple criteria and full text search terms, and save and record your searches in one easy step. You can even record an entire TV series automatically.
Includes a free one-year subscription to TV listings data from tvtv, with optional renewal.
Edit with EyeTV 3’s – the built-in Editor removes unwanted content from your recording or lets you crop the beginning and end of a programme. The Editor also enables you to create short clips from longer recordings and save the clips as new EyeTV recordings.
Enjoy with EyeTV – send recordings automatically to iTunes for playback on an iPhone or iPad, or enjoy on your big-screen television with Apple TV. You can even share your EyeTV recordings over a local network with other Macs. Elgato offers an optional EyeTV app to stream live or recorded TV to an iPhone or iPad (available on the App Store).
- Receives digital TV with an antenna (DVB-T)
- Two integrated TV tuners and antennas let you watch and record two different channels on one computer at the same time in “Dual-Tuner Mode”
- In “Diversity Mode” the two TV tuners and antennas work together as one for superior reception in weaker coverage areas
- Watch, pause and rewind live TV on your Mac
- Search the Program Guide using multiple criteria
- Record one programme or an entire TV series
- Edit out unwanted content and create clips from your recordings
- Export recordings to iTunes automatically for playback on an iPhone or iPad
- Stream live or recorded TV to an iPhone or iPad with the optional EyeTV app (available on the App Store)
- EyeTV 3 comes with a free one-year subscription to tvtv (where available in Europe) with optional renewal
Did you notice?The two TV tuners and antennas work together as one for superior reception in weaker coverage areas.
Apple Recommends ForA powerful, dual TV tuner stick that lets you simultaneously record two digital television programmes on your Mac.
What's in the Box?
- EyeTV Diversity TV receiver
- EyeTV 3 TV software for Mac (CD-ROM)
- THC TV software for Windows (CD-ROM)
- Two rod aerials (1 x IEC, 1 x MCX) with tilt/swivel magnetic base and detachable suction cup
- Infrared remote control with battery pack
- USB cable
- Splitter cable
- IEC-MCX adapter
- PDF product manual (CD-ROM)
- Other Features: TV Tuner
- Connections: USB 2.0
- Intel Core CPU, Mac OS X v.10.6.8 or later
- 1GB RAM
- USB 2.0
- Note: 720p or 1080i HD features require an Intel Core 2 Duo processor.
- USB 2.0
- UPC or EAN No.: 852095000799
- Note: Applen yhden vuoden rajoitettu takuu ei koske tuotteita, jotka eivät ole Apple-merkkisiä, vaikka ne olisivat samassa pakkauksessa Applen tuotteiden kanssa tai myytäisiin niiden kanssa. Muilla kuin Apple-merkkisillä tuotteilla on mahdollisesti tuotteen valmistajan myöntämä valmistajan takuu – katso lisätietoja tuotteen pakkauksesta ja dokumentaatiosta. Valmistajan takuun edut täydentävät kuluttajalainsäädännön takaamia oikeuksia. Katso lisätietoja osoittamalla tähän tähän.
- Internet connection required to download Program Guide data
- A CD/DVD recorder and Toast Titanium software (not included) are required to create DVDs, SVCDs or Video CDs (optional).
- DVB-T reception can vary by location, and a rooftop aerial may be required in areas with a weak or obstructed DVB-T signal.
Ratings & Reviews
Fantastic (with one small exception)
i've used several DVB-T recording devices (a cheap digibox with hdd, a £200 dual tuner humax freeview recorder, a £50 usb tuner an i've used several DVB-T recording devices (a cheap digibox with hdd, a £200 dual tuner humax freeview recorder, a £50 usb tuner and an integrated tuner in my brother's HP vista pc) and this outshines them all. make sure you select dual tuner if you want to watch/record 2 things at once as i set mine wrong to start with.
the exception to the general brilliance of this is the antennas supplied, they are a load of rubbish for use in a building. that said if you are using the eyetv with a laptop on the move they are your only option.
the EyeTV 3 software is great. normally when reading a manufacturers website about their product i normally find they overestimate how good their product is. i dont think Elgato could overestimate if they tried. everything i would want to do the software allows for, and in most cases offers more options than you will ever need. a slight niggle is that when viewing the tv windowed the virtual remote is always on the screen however in full screen mode it fades out after a short delay.
the smart guides are a fantastic idea as they let you create custom searches relating to almost any aspect of the program you may wish to watch, and you can set it to automatically record all the programs it finds that match your criteria, or you can manually select just the ones you want to see.
another great feature is that once recorded your library can be set up for access by anything on your network with a web browser and the recordings streamed to that device. this works especially well with the iPod touch/iPhone as the software is really designed for this purpose.
i'm sure theres much more this product can offer that i haven't mentioned and i'm sure it will be as good if not better than all the features i've described.
if you want to watch TV on your mac i can't recommend this enough. …
- Written by Ben G from Chippenham
216 of 234 people found this useful
Eye TV Diversity
This is a brilliant bit of kit and does just what it says on the box. It can't beat the laws of physics, so don't expect it to pic This is a brilliant bit of kit and does just what it says on the box. It can't beat the laws of physics, so don't expect it to pick up every station in any circumstance, no matter what. However it often beats a wired TV in a typical B&B or hotel while I'm on the move, reaching the Freeview channels the main TV can't get or isn't tuned for.
Reception helps if you can use the magnetic base on the antennas to 'glue' them to a radiator, to improve the ground plane (for the nerds).
I'm well pleased with it. …
- Written by Mike P from Gloucester
101 of 115 people found this useful
Great piece of kit!
I don't often leave reviews, but in this case I had to. It is a brilliant piece of kit and works seamlessly and the delivery from I don't often leave reviews, but in this case I had to. It is a brilliant piece of kit and works seamlessly and the delivery from Apple was outstanding. They said 5-7 days but I got it less than 24 hours after ordering.
Plugged it in, tuned the channels in and hey presto it worked straight away.
Even just using the two supplied antennae I get a great reception and the eyetv3 software works a dream.
If you want a TV tuner that "just works" get this one, fantastic, also, get it from the Apple Store, I couldn't find it cheaper anywhere.
- Written by Wayne S from Bradford
89 of 101 people found this useful
This channel is no longer available
The software provided looks great but the channel just disappears with the above message Elgatos advice is to restart...this happe The software provided looks great but the channel just disappears with the above message Elgatos advice is to restart...this happens in the middle of recording as well as whilst watching. No problems with signal as TV on the same amplifier does not drop out. Shame really as I was very impressed with the software. Email response from tech support was just to tell me to report it to tech support ? …
- Written by John P from South Shields
16 of 20 people found this useful
The best there is
I've been using the EyeTV Diversity for several years now, and it's fantastic, especially its ability to record two different prog I've been using the EyeTV Diversity for several years now, and it's fantastic, especially its ability to record two different programmes at the same time.
The signal strength meter in the software makes it very easy to move the antennas around until you find the best possible position.
As I live in a good reception area, I have not been able to test its ability to use the two antennas to boost weak signals instead of running two channels in parallel.
It is also very easy to do decent edits of recorded programmes in the software, in order to remove ads before exporting to iTunes for upload to my Apple TV. If I want to spend time on doing better edits, I just export it as mpg2, then convert it to QT with MPEG Streamclip, and then import it it to FinalCut.
The only "drawback" is that it doesn't do DVB-T2, i.e. terrestrial HD TV for the UK. Elgato will undoubtedly offer DVB-T2 eventually, but I'm not enough of a geek to know if that would require new hardware or just an upgrade to the brilliant Elgato software. However, even if a new hardware purchase will be required, it's an inexpensive way of getting HD TV programes! …
- Written by Thomas B from LONDON
3 of 3 people found this useful
I was a bit sceptical about how this device would work as we have rather poor reception where we live. In practice the 2 aerials w I was a bit sceptical about how this device would work as we have rather poor reception where we live. In practice the 2 aerials work well together to give what to all intents and purposes are perfect pictures on our iMac. The software works well and recording is easy to set up. The final good bit for us is that conversion to other formats is easy to do so we can time shift programmes to our Apple TV. …
- Written by David J from Douglas
23 of 29 people found this useful