The WD My Book Studio desktop hard drive is an ideal complement to your Mac, delivering the amazing speed of USB 3.0, outstanding capacity and the beauty of a high-quality aluminium enclosure. Along with Time Machine compatibility, it provides password protection and hardware encryption to safeguard your data. This drive is the right choice for videographers, photographers and other graphic professionals.
- Heat-dissipating, aluminium enclosure remains cool to the touch and takes up minimal space
- Save and access data at top speed with high-performance, USB 3.0 connectivity
- Plenty of room to store all the chapters of your digital life
- Formatted HFS+ journaled so it works with your Mac out of the box
- Password protection and hardware-based encryption prevents unauthorised access to your data
- Register your drive, run diagnostics and more using WD Drive Utilities
- Compatible with Apple Time Machine
- Backwards compatible with USB 2.0 interfaces
Did you notice?Delivers universal compatibility today and speed for tomorrow – use with USB 2.0 or step up to high-speed USB 3.0.
Apple Recommends ForHigh-speed USB 3.0 connectivity to the Mac makes this ideal for videographers, photographers and other graphic professionals.
What's in the Box?
- WD My Book Studio USB 3.0 Hard Drive
- USB cable
- AC adapter
- WD Security
- WD Drive Utilities
- Quick install guide
- Other Features: Data Encryption, Kensington Port, Sleep Mode, Time Machine compatible
- Connections: USB 2.0, USB 3.0
- Power Source: External power supply
- Height: 165.1 mm/6.5 in.
- Width: 48.3 mm/1.9 in.
- Weight: 1.06 kg
- Length: 134.6 mm/5.3 in.
- OS X 10.6 or later
- USB 3.0 port or USB 2.0 port*
- Mfr. Part Number: WDBCPZ0040HAL-NESN
- UPC or EAN No.: 718037818160
- Note: Applen yhden vuoden rajoitettu takuu ei koske tuotteita, jotka eivät ole Apple-merkkisiä, vaikka ne olisivat samassa pakkauksessa Applen tuotteiden kanssa tai myytäisiin niiden kanssa. Muilla kuin Apple-merkkisillä tuotteilla on mahdollisesti tuotteen valmistajan myöntämä valmistajan takuu – katso lisätietoja tuotteen pakkauksesta ja dokumentaatiosta. Valmistajan takuun edut täydentävät kuluttajalainsäädännön takaamia oikeuksia. Katso lisätietoja osoittamalla tähän tähän.
- * USB 3.0 port required for USB 3.0 speed and features
Ratings & Reviews
Waste of time and money
These drives completely fail far too often. I'd been happily using WD external drives for years and so I assumed that I'd just bee These drives completely fail far too often. I'd been happily using WD external drives for years and so I assumed that I'd just been unlucky when my last 3TB WD Studio drive unmounted from Airport Extreme and refused to start up again without wiping all my data. I replaced it with a 4TB drive 3 months ago and now it's done exactly the same thing. Losing this much data is always going to be a pain, so I suggest sparing yourself the trouble by buying a product that actually works once you've finished loading up your stuff.
I don't know what happened to WD. Their products used to be as reliable as you could get for the money, but these days they last just long enough to set up a library or archive and then fail for no obvious reason. Forums are full of complaints but it seems WD have done nothing to address these issues. …
- Written by Alistair B from Bishop's Stortford
13 of 16 people found this useful