The G-Technology G-DRIVE hard drive is a superb choice for projects like digital photography, audio/video editing and high-speed data backup that involve huge amounts of data. That's because its USB 3.0 and FireWire interfaces can handle enormous traffic volumes. Plus it's plug and play on Mac OSX and ready to use with Time Machine. And G-DRIVE remains cool and quiet thanks to an all-aluminium enclosure with an integrated heat-sink system.
- USB 3.0 and FireWire ports for flexible, high-speed data transfer
- Integrated heat-sink for near silent operation and cooling
- Solid all-aluminium case makes for durability and stylish looks
- Plenty of storage for digital video, music, and photo files
- Includes all cables
- Time Machine-ready, plug-and-play setup on Mac OS
- Mac OS X and Windows compatible
- Three-year factory warranty
Did you notice?The sleek aluminium enclosure delivers the best in reliability and durability.
Apple Recommends ForA perfect companion for your Mac and all your demanding applications.
What's in the Box?
- G-Technology G-DRIVE Professional External Hard Drive
- Universal AC power supply
- FireWire 800 cables; FireWire 800 to 400 cable
- USB 3.0 cable (backward compatible with USB 2.0)
- Other Features: Kensington Port, Time Machine compatible
- Connections: Firewire 400, Firewire 800, USB 2.0, USB 3.0
- Power Source: External power supply
- Height: 47 mm/1.85 in.
- Width: 130 mm/5.125 in.
- Weight: 1300 g
- Length: 235 mm/9.25 in.
- USB 3.0, USB 2.0 or FireWire port
- OS X 10.5 or later
- USB 3.0, USB 2.0 or FireWire port
- Windows 2000/XP/Vista
- Mfr. Part Number: 0G02529
- UPC or EAN No.: 705487191073
- Note: Applen yhden vuoden rajoitettu takuu ei koske tuotteita, jotka eivät ole Apple-merkkisiä, vaikka ne olisivat samassa pakkauksessa Applen tuotteiden kanssa tai myytäisiin niiden kanssa. Muilla kuin Apple-merkkisillä tuotteilla on mahdollisesti tuotteen valmistajan myöntämä valmistajan takuu – katso lisätietoja tuotteen pakkauksesta ja dokumentaatiosta. Valmistajan takuun edut täydentävät kuluttajalainsäädännön takaamia oikeuksia. Katso lisätietoja osoittamalla tähän tähän.
Ratings & Reviews
Beautiful but noisy
If I could award stars for looks & construction it would get 5. It's a great looking piece of kit and beautifully built but it's l If I could award stars for looks & construction it would get 5. It's a great looking piece of kit and beautifully built but it's let down by two things. Firstly it's quite noisy, especially when Time Machine is running, a bit like a piece of paper stuck in the spokes of a bicycle. Second, is there any need for such a large and bright light on the front, it's a bit distracting especially when it's flashing away during back ups. I bought it to complement my new iMac and it does this very well and I've no complaints about it's operation, which is superb. If it was as quiet and unobtrusive as the Buffalo it replaced it would be the bees knees. …
- Written by George P B from Heswall
43 of 47 people found this useful
Beautiful but noisy and flashy
Very good drive fast, beautiful and built like a tank. There are two downsides - an over bright and very active (distracting) whit Very good drive fast, beautiful and built like a tank. There are two downsides - an over bright and very active (distracting) white LED activity light on the front and it is quite noisy even when only system processes are running. When it's backing up it is time to walk the dog! …
- Written by William A from MALMESBURY
22 of 24 people found this useful
Nice but noisy
It works straight out of the box, no setting up - TimeMachine sees it straight away. I have this disk and 3 Iomega 1TB disks all o It works straight out of the box, no setting up - TimeMachine sees it straight away. I have this disk and 3 Iomega 1TB disks all on a shelf under the desk and this units makes an irritating hum noise, like mains hum but it goes if you press the case. Sometimes. When TimeMachine is running to gets too distracting. Ill be trading this one in for a quiet model. …
- Written by Peter E from London
15 of 15 people found this useful
Seems OK so far
Needed an extra hard disk mainly for video editing and was a little concerned that some of the reviews here claim the drive is noi Needed an extra hard disk mainly for video editing and was a little concerned that some of the reviews here claim the drive is noisy. The one I have is very quiet and works well, with no problems so far. It's very smart and apart from the price being a little steep, I'm pleased with it. One thing to note is that you need it switched on if you're daisy chaining firewire devices. I have a firewire audio interface that's last in the chain and it only works if the G Drive is turned on. …
- Written by Mark N from Linlithgow
I brought the G-DRIVE 2 weeks ago and have no complaints so far.
- Its extremely easy to use, with no set up required, unless yo I brought the G-DRIVE 2 weeks ago and have no complaints so far.
- Its extremely easy to use, with no set up required, unless you what partition the hard drive (which I have done and was easy to do).
- Although hard drive's fan does make a noise I personally don't think that it is to intrusive. I don't find it a destruction and can't hear it if I have music playing.
- A very minor problem I have with it, is the LED light flashes when backing up, this can be extremely annoy if its in your peripheral vision. However this is easily solved by placing the G-DRIVE in my desk cabinet or simply turning it away from me. …
- Written by Philip S from Cambridge
Not the greatest hard drive!
Great looking product, but I certainly wouldn't recommend it if you are relying on working directly from this drive.
The main p Great looking product, but I certainly wouldn't recommend it if you are relying on working directly from this drive.
The main problem I have with the drive is. It goes to sleep too much for my liking!
YES I have turned off 'sleep drives' in system preferences. The drive still sleeps after 5-10 mins. When it wakes the drive crashes, therefore I have to eject then restart.
Massive Pain! …
- Written by Hung T from Great Denham
1 of 1 people found this useful