BookArc is a new version of Twelve South's popular desktop stand made specifically for the 2nd-generation MacBook Air. Built of sturdy, heavy-gauge steel, it elevates MacBook Air above your desk, freeing up space and creating a less cluttered workspace.
Even better performance
Paired with a display and keyboard, BookArc lets you work with your MacBook Air closed, which improves performance. That's because when closed, your MacBook Air dedicates 100% of its video memory to the external display rather than splitting it with the built-in display. There's also built-in cable manager that keeps all of your desktop connections at the ready.
- Sturdy, heavy-gauge steel construction
- Lets you use MacBook Air (2nd gen.) closed for improved performance
- Frees up valuable real estate on your desk
- Cable management keeps desktop connections handy and accessible
- Soft silicone insert firmly grips MacBook Air (2nd Gen.)
- Soft footpads keep your desk free of marks
- Pairs perfectly with Apple Cinema Display and wireless keyboard/mouse
Did you notice?If you work with your MacBook Air closed and connected to an external display, you can get even better performance.
Apple Recommends ForStand your 2nd-generation MacBook AIr upright on your desktop.
What's in the Box?
- Twelve South BookArc Stand for MacBook Air (2nd Gen.)
- Owner's guide
- Mfr. Part Number : 12-1102
- UPC or EAN No. : 851522002238
- Note : Applen yhden vuoden rajoitettu takuu ei koske tuotteita, jotka eivät ole Apple-merkkisiä, vaikka ne olisivat samassa pakkauksessa Applen tuotteiden kanssa tai myytäisiin niiden kanssa. Muilla kuin Apple-merkkisillä tuotteilla on mahdollisesti tuotteen valmistajan myöntämä valmistajan takuu – katso lisätietoja tuotteen pakkauksesta ja dokumentaatiosta. Valmistajan takuun edut täydentävät kuluttajalainsäädännön takaamia oikeuksia. Katso lisätietoja osoittamalla tähän tähän.
Ratings & Reviews
Expensive and kind of pointless
this product is expensive for what it is: a stand.
however it is aesthetically pleasing. i am not sure i is really a necessary pi ece of kit.
but it is quite cool.
would buy it again.... …
- Written by Nick C from Shrewsbury
15 of 19 people found this useful
This is not the easiest thing to get hold of, I eventually found one after much searching and I also found the product line somewh at confusing.
There are two of these types of stand from Twelve South. The early model has interchangeable inserts to suit the MBPro, MB, or original first generation MBA.
This one is designed solely for the 2010/2011 MBA. The BookArc Air is its full title.
I have to say the packaging is superb, unnecessary but superb. A very fancy box indeed.
Other than that its what you would expect, well made, nice quality, virtually the same colour as the MBA. Feels quality weighty and sturdy.
The MBA slots in nice and snug, it doesn't overpower the small stand (I have the 13" MBA). Its just right.
The cable tidy slot in the rear allows the two Thunderbolt cables to come up behind the MBA and loop to connections on each side of the MBA.
My only minor gripe, and it is minor, is that the cable tidy slot is not quite the same diameter as the thick chunky connection you find on the Thunderbolt display cable. I knocked off a whole star for that!
All in all, delighted with it. So much better than having to lay my MBA on the work surface with cables all over the place.
Buy it - if you can find one in stock!! …
- Written by Paul R from WARWICK
23 of 24 people found this useful