Imagine being able to control your TV or stereo using your always-handy iPhone. Or your iPod touch. Or your iPad.
Beacon pairs with your iOS device via Bluetooth and works with Dijit's Universal Remote App to put complete control of your home entertainment center in the palm of your hand.
No dongles. No wires. No cables.
Control your home entertainment system using the Universal Remote App on your Multi-Touch display.
Quick and easy setup
The free Dijit app uses a library of constantly updated device codes to simplify setup for your TV, set-top box, sound system, media players, and more. There's even an integrated learning feature for components not yet included in Dijit's library.
Bluetooth pairing is simple and puts you just a few taps away from using Dijit's intuitive Program Guide and your touchscreen-based device to change channels, volumes, input, set your DVR, and more.
- Turn your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad into a universal remote control
- Blends unobtrusively with any decor
- Works with Dijit's Universal Remote app, free from the App Store
- Setup is simple and intuitive
- No wires or power cables, runs on four AA batteries
Did you notice?Your entertainment system expects a remote control to speak to it via infrared signals. Your iOS device speaks Bluetooth. Beacon acts as a bridge between them. No wires. No dongles.
Apple Recommends ForControlling your entertainment system with your iPhone, iPad, or iPad touch using Beacon and Dijit's free Universal Remote app.
What's in the Box?
- Griffin Beacon Universal Remote
- Four AA batteries
- Connections : HDTV,TV,AV Receiver,Apple TV
- Height : 7.24 in./18.4 cm
- Width : 2.56 in./6.50 cm
- Weight : 4.32 oz./122.47 g
- Dijit Universal Remote with TV and Netflix Listings app (Free download from App Store in iTunes)
- Mfr. Part Number : GC17126
- UPC or EAN No. : 685387329472
- Note : Applen yhden vuoden rajoitettu takuu ei koske tuotteita, jotka eivät ole Apple-merkkisiä, vaikka ne olisivat samassa pakkauksessa Applen tuotteiden kanssa tai myytäisiin niiden kanssa. Muilla kuin Apple-merkkisillä tuotteilla on mahdollisesti tuotteen valmistajan myöntämä valmistajan takuu – katso lisätietoja tuotteen pakkauksesta ja dokumentaatiosta. Valmistajan takuun edut täydentävät kuluttajalainsäädännön takaamia oikeuksia. Katso lisätietoja osoittamalla tähän tähän.
- Warranty : One year
iPod touch 2nd Generation
iPod touch 3rd Generation
iPod touch 4th Generation
iPod touch 5th Generation
Ratings & Reviews
Not for Sky
Tried for hours to make this work, would not learn commands from a sky box.
I think it's made for American market only.
Not a good buy. …
- Written by Paul O from Dublin 24
37 of 38 people found this useful
iPad app now available and makes a big difference.
... however, i still can't get it to talk to Sky HD ... and there appear to many others out there with a similar issue. This, plus a flaky bluetooth connection, means its going back and hopefully a better product will be along soon.
Its very, very close to being a good product, but it has to support Sky to make it a sensible UK product. …
- Written by Martin H from Winchester
30 of 31 people found this useful
Unsuitable for UK Sky
Even with latest firmware installed Beacon does not FULLY support Sky UK (BskyB) boxes. As individual colour buttons are not suppl ied as standard, they simply do not "learn" either. The dvr controls are also poor - "play" actually is the "green" infra red command (PLANNER)!
Until Digit support UK Sky users with the necessary colour and dvr buttons, this simply becomes a very basic remote, unfortunately for lots of ££££'s
Sticking with old Harmony remote... …
- Written by David S from Aylesbury
29 of 30 people found this useful
Bluetooth Is Bad
I use my iPhone with my beacon and every time I leave my room I have to reconnect it when I return, may as well just use a control ler, worth about £20 but certainly not more than £40. In summary; okay but not great. …
- Written by Jack C from Wigan
1 of 1 people found this useful
Difficult to set codes for tv
It was impossible to find a set of working codes for a Sony Tv and a Sony Dvd/harddisk recorder. The SW search and test function may be OK in some cases, but leaves no clue if you are near to a solution to other functions than on/off volume and chanel select. This may be enough on a TV (?) but a HD recorder needs other complex functionality. …
- Written by Anders T from Bagsværd
2 of 3 people found this useful
Promising, but useless
As others have reported too, while this product fails to supply or learn codes for UK Sky boxes, it's practically useless for most people. It's not been too bad at learning other codes, but the app is flakey even then and putting the effort into configuring a UI on the phone which would be acceptable is frustrating when the app produces inconsistent and even erroneous behaviour. It would be one star as it's useless for me and now gathering dust, but I'm giving it credit for a nice design feature of having multiple iR transmitters built into it which would make it effective at getting a signal to boxes over a wide angle - if anyone doesn't need it to work with Sky boxes and can put up with fairly basic UI layouts in the app, then it does "work". …
- Written by Nicholas S from Plymouth
6 of 6 people found this useful