Withings Smart Baby Monitor
Withings Smart Baby Monitor
The Withings Smart Baby Monitor incorporates a 3 megapixel video sensor for impressive picture quality that takes advantage of the screen resolution on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. With the Pan, Tilt and Zoom technology, you can virtually move around the baby’s room. Just slide your finger like you would on a web page to get a full view of your child's activity.
Talk, play, and illuminate
You get three ways to interact with baby. First, the video feature lets you talk to baby while watching his or her moves. Then you can choose from four melodies to provide your little one with her favourite musical atmosphere. Or use the Smart Baby Monitor night light to pick a softly coloured light mood. All directly from your iOS device.
Easily set up automatic alerts to warn you in case of noise, motion or when the temperature and humidity exceed thresholds you've defined.
Whether at home, at a friend's, or on the road, you're always connected to your baby. The Smart Baby Monitor allows you to monitor your baby with an unlimited range and for an unlimited time, even outside your home Wi-Fi network.
- WithBaby app available free from the App Store
- High-resolution video, motion-free and intuitive Pan, Tilt, Zoom and night vision
- Crystal-clear sound
- Talk to baby, play lullabies or turn on the multicolour night light
- Monitor noises, motion, temperature and humidity in baby's room
- Set alarms to designated parameters of noise level, motion, temperature and humidity
- Enjoy an unlimited range
- Alert logs to monitor and improve baby's room conditions
- Simple and intuitive connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or Ethernet cable
Did you notice?Simultaneously listen and talk, select music, monitor room temperatures and even choose lighting.
Apple Recommends ForKeep an eye and ear on your baby via your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch.
What's in the Box?
- Smart Baby Monitor by Withings
- Carrying case in 3D fabric
- White support stand for baby's bed
- Rechargeable Li-On battery
- Power supply plus three local adapters
- User manual (EN, FR, DE, ES, IT)
- Height: 6.3 cm
- Width: 9.2 cm
- Weight: 293 g
- Length: 9.2 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: 70001901
- UPC or EAN No.: 3700546700019
- Note: Applen yhden vuoden rajoitettu takuu ei koske tuotteita, jotka eivät ole Apple-merkkisiä, vaikka ne olisivat samassa pakkauksessa Applen tuotteiden kanssa tai myytäisiin niiden kanssa. Muilla kuin Apple-merkkisillä tuotteilla on mahdollisesti tuotteen valmistajan myöntämä valmistajan takuu – katso lisätietoja tuotteen pakkauksesta ja dokumentaatiosta. Valmistajan takuun edut täydentävät kuluttajalainsäädännön takaamia oikeuksia. Katso lisätietoja osoittamalla tähän tähän.
- Warranty: One year
WithBaby connects to your Smart Baby Monitor by Withings.
The Smart Baby Monitor offers a cutting-edge way to monitor your baby, interact with him/her and ensure your infant’s well-being using your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
By using the free WithBaby app, you can easily watch over your baby with high-resolution video, intuitive Pan-Tilt zoom and night vision, so you don’t miss a thing. Always be near your baby by listening, talking to your child, playing lullabies or turning on the nightlight from anywhere in the world. The Smart Baby Monitor allows you to receive discrete alerts in case of noise, motion, temperature or humidity, so that you can control your child’s environment. The Smart Baby Monitor can give you the peace of mind you need by being able to monitor your baby’s safety and comfort from wherever you are at any time.
• Watch over baby in exceptional conditions on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
• High-resolution video, motion free and intuitive Pan Tilt Zoom, night vision
• Crystal clear sound
• Ability to talk to baby, play lullabies or turn on the multicolor night light
• Monitor noises, motion, temperature and humidity in baby’s room
• Capacity to set alarms to designated parameters of noise level, motion, temperature and humidity
• Enjoy an unlimited range: watch over baby at home, on the road or from work
• Alert logs to monitor and improve baby’s room conditions
• Simple and intuitive connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Ethernet cable
You leave outside the US, Europe or Australia? Sign up for alerts and be the first to know when the Smart Baby Monitor is available: http://www.withings.com/en/babymonitor …
0800 940 73 or Chat now
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPod touch 3rd Generation
iPod touch 4th Generation
iPod touch 5th Generation 32GB/64GB
Ratings & Reviews
Good, not great.
I wanted to love this product. It makes so much sense...
First, the good:
1. It's well thought out. The device is slick, wit I wanted to love this product. It makes so much sense...
First, the good:
1. It's well thought out. The device is slick, with simple buttons and the interface is simple and easy to use.
2. The sensors are very good. The video and audio quality is excellent.
3. Connecting to the device from the office or even another country works without issue. Great for me and relatives abroad (when Skype would be intrusive or too much effort).
Now, the bad:
1. Automatic switch to infrared is rubbish. The camera automatically switches to infrared (because it thinks its dark) when it shouldn't and there is no ability to manually manage this switch. Problem being, when it's dim or the device is close to a white wall, the camera endlessly switches between normal and infrared mode (and 10 seconds out of every 20 seconds, nothing is visible). Super annoying. The monitor also does this when the camera is at a less than 90 degree angle (because it picks up its own white base) - I verified this with customer support and its a known issue, for which no fix is planned!
2. Automatic infrared adjustment is rubbish. The camera tries to find the right infrared balance/contrast, but sometimes it uses the wrong object as its focus (eg the side of our crib and not our baby). Again, super annoying that your not able to manually adjust this to see your baby clearly.
3. Battery is rubbish. Literally, lasts for 10 minutes. Don't know why they other providing one, pretending the device can be used on this basis.
Now, the mediocre: connection stability.
It manages a relatively stable connection. There are a few disconnects (and some refusals to connect), but it generally holds its connection or can be reconnected with minimal effort. That said, this can be very frustrating (esp for partners that may not be IT savvy) and is something that should not happen with this price tag. Also, it was totally dud one evening, but I understand that this was due to the Withings servers being down. Again, this should not happen.
One upshot about having had these connection issues is that I found out that if the wifi doesn't work, you can connect to it using Bluetooth. This is an excellent backup and works really nicely!
All in all, I would by this product again, because I think it's best baby monitor on the market right now. I also want to throw it out the window some evenings....
If Withings could fix the connection issues, improve the battery, and allow the user to control the infrared switching and adjustment, this would be awesome! At this price, this should have been sorted before it was sold by Apple. …
- Written by David S from London
84 of 90 people found this useful
Withings Smart Baby Monitor
i must say, had a very poor experience with this product, continuous loss of connection, battery cover kept falling off/out, app k i must say, had a very poor experience with this product, continuous loss of connection, battery cover kept falling off/out, app kept crashing, lost patience and returned it.
The only product from apple that just didn’t “just work” …
- Written by Daniel C from Lichfield
74 of 97 people found this useful
Have to even out the reviews here: my experience of this product is first class, however I would say it was poor prior to the rece Have to even out the reviews here: my experience of this product is first class, however I would say it was poor prior to the recent software update, and prior to this I would have to agree with the previous review, but the update has transformed this monitor into the product it promised to be.
We have a large, long, stone-built house but even at the opposite end of the house the monitor works very well on the wifi network. The visual view and night vision provide its USP, and the clip on magnetic stand make fixing to the side of the cot easy. Can thoroughly recommend. …
- Written by David D from Caldicot
48 of 62 people found this useful
I have had my monitor for just over 2 years and have to say it is the worst. Connectivity has always been an issue as has malfunc I have had my monitor for just over 2 years and have to say it is the worst. Connectivity has always been an issue as has malfunctioning infrared. Technical support is non existent apart from replies to posts on facebook. Now the unit has stopped working all together. Very expensive for only 2 years use. …
- Written by Richard H from Bristol
1 of 1 people found this useful
Our smart monitor, disconnects almost every night leaving our child potentially crying undetected. I have already replaced one mon Our smart monitor, disconnects almost every night leaving our child potentially crying undetected. I have already replaced one monitor, believing it to be a fault with an individual unit however it has happened again. We do not have a night that the monitor doesn't disconnect. Not only this, but when it does disconnect the alert is a one off sound (not enough to consistently wake us), it should be an alarm. We have had to replace the monitor with a simple sound only one and cannot trust it at all.
My wife and I are doctors, we believe this product is dangerous, and it would have left our baby at risk if it were not for us putting in back up monitoring (essentially another monitor). …
- Written by George C from Leeds
1 of 2 people found this useful
rubbish... no connection
looks great, and is great when your sat next to it! otherwise use over Wi-Fi and connection is non existent.
support on their w looks great, and is great when your sat next to it! otherwise use over Wi-Fi and connection is non existent.
support on their website consists of you plugging in the monitor to your Ethernet cable for 2.5 hours for it to update, I don't even think it did that!
don't buy honestly its an over priced waste of space, what ever happened to plug and play? …
- Written by Andrew W from stalybridge
4 of 5 people found this useful