The Bretford MobilePro Desk Mount Combo lets put both your Cinema Display or iMac and your MacBook Pro exactly where you want them. The adjustable arms allow for a considerable vertical lift of 16 inches/40.6 cm.
Flexibility and organisation
The MobilePro Combo allows you to adjust and articulate your Apple display and MacBook Pro to any position – height, depth, tilt and portrait to-landscape orientation. Plus, the integrated cable management channels keeps everything neat, tidy and out of the way.
Strength and support
This universal design features a no-tension adjustment system for maximum safety and support of your Apple hardware.
- Accommodates a Cinema Display or iMac that accepts a VESA adapter bracket and weighs 14.1 kg or less
- Also accommodates your MacBook Pro
- Position your display for maximum ergonomic comfort to relieve eye, neck and back strain
- Free up more workspace on your table or desktop
- Add more ergonomic adjustments to your Apple hardware
- Perfect companion for your Apple wireless keyboard and mouse
- Rotate screen between portrait and landscape viewing
- Cable management channel keeps everything neat, tidy and out of the way
- Easy-to-use, simple installation and effortless operation
- No-tension adjustment system for maximum safety and support of your Apple hardware
Did you notice?The flexible knuckles allows you to position the monitor and Mac portable at the best viewing angle – and cord management keeps everything nice and neat.
Apple Recommends ForPlacing a combination of your Cinema Display or iMac and your MacBook Pro in the perfect position to achieve maximum ergonomic comfort.
What's in the Box?
- Bretford MobilePro Desktop Mount Combo
- Mounting hardware
- Cable clips
- Installation instructions
- Weight: 6.3 kg
- UPC or EAN No.: 096633328697
- Note: Apples begrænsede dækning på 1 år gælder ikke for produkter fra andre producenter end Apple, selvom de er pakket eller sælges sammen med Apple-produkter. Produkter fra andre producenter end Apple kan være omfattet af producentens garanti – se kassen/æsken med produktet og den medfølgende dokumentation. Fordelene ved producentens garanti rækker ud over rettigheder iht. forbrugerbeskyttelseslove. Klik her for at se flere oplysninger her.
- Compatible with Macs and Apple Displays when used with the Apple VESA Mount Adapter Kit (not included). Proper installation requires a solid surface that is between 0.5 and 1.125 in./1.3 and 2.9 cm thick. Solid surface must be secured to a table base or something similar.
Ratings & Reviews
Once I got over the shock that I had to drill 5 holes in my desk to mount the main column, I got on with the job. Good sturdy and Once I got over the shock that I had to drill 5 holes in my desk to mount the main column, I got on with the job. Good sturdy and solid parts that fit together well and lots of adjustable bolts that enables you to get your monitor screen and lap top exactly where you want them without cluttering up your desk. Well worth the high price. …
- Written by John P from Sutton Coldfield
69 of 72 people found this useful
Excellent item at an excellent price! Using this to mount a 27” Mid 2010 iMac and a 27” Cinema Display screen and have to say, th Excellent item at an excellent price! Using this to mount a 27” Mid 2010 iMac and a 27” Cinema Display screen and have to say, that it is perfect in every way.
Installation is a 2 man job, after trying as a one man exercise, it is much easier with another set of hands!
Providing you use the correct drill bits, the 5 holes are straight forward - Assembling the support column is where the benefit of the additional person helps, but once you’ve lined up the bolts, you’re good to go, and once tightened, the monitors can be mounted - and again, the extra help is beneficial in adjusting to the required position. Once tightened in position you’ll feel the benefit of extra desk space and reduced neck fatigue.
If you’re contemplating investing in this kit, I’d certainly have no hesitation in recommending. …
- Written by John M from Manchester
15 of 17 people found this useful
But but but
Manual provided with this mount and the whole assembly process described in it is wrong. If you correctly follow the steps and you Manual provided with this mount and the whole assembly process described in it is wrong. If you correctly follow the steps and you have a regular size desk - you will end up putting your display too far away. And you can't have try2 because you've already drilled five holes in your desk (and it's hard)!
If you want to have it right - first attach "hands" to the "pole" and take some time to search for a perfect place on your desk for drilling the hole. Think how it will work. Consider the width of your display too - my display and my computer don't sit side-by side like on the picture, because the pole is too deep in the table.
Overall it is durable and solid and very reliably engineered, 5* - but it's not great in design (if it makes any sense). Design is 2*, it basically does not follow the purpose you need the display arm in the first place, it does not give you more freedom, flexibility and easy movement of your large screen - but instead it actually wants you to have it all very much fixed and static and in one place. …
- Written by Vladimiras L from Leiston
20 of 28 people found this useful
Good product but installation a headache if your desk is 35mm+ thick
I'm left with mixed feelings of satisfaction and disappointment regarding this good product but an associated installation headach I'm left with mixed feelings of satisfaction and disappointment regarding this good product but an associated installation headache. Most disappointing was that, upon researching my issues, it seems other customers had already reported them to Bretford, but received no response. The issues I experienced were easily avoidable. I also reported the issue, but received no response.
If your desk is 35mm+ thick, read on...
The problem with this product, in my opinion, is that the supplied bolts that are too short. The bolts are approximately 45mm long, but consider that:
- The plate that goes underneath the desk is approximately 10mm thick
- We probably need 10mm of the bolt engaged in the main post
The result being our desk must be < 25mm thick. My desk is 35mm thick so I was stuck! Unfortunately I had already drilled holes in my desk, otherwise I would have returned this product in principle, due to lack of interest from Bretford. "Why not buy longer bolts?" This is where the second issue arises!
DIY shops in the UK tend to sell metric bolts, however the bolts provided appear to be an imperial thread. My engineering degree long forgotten, having been in IT for 14 years, I found it difficult to determine the exact thread making it difficult to order some longer bolts - I was also too impatient to post a bolts to a supplier for them to review and to send back longer versions. Instead I opted to use a tap and die set to cut metric threads in the other end of the main post, such that I could use longer metric bolts more easily available from local DIY shops.
All Bretford need to do is listen to the feedback and supply longer bolts. Is that too hard to do? …
- Written by Aidan D from READING
Back to the drawing board…
Firstly, the good: it's solidly made.
Now for the rest: It's poorly conceived, designed and executed. The first one I received wa Firstly, the good: it's solidly made.
Now for the rest: It's poorly conceived, designed and executed. The first one I received was missing the desk clamp – Apple supplied a replacement eventually. Then I found that the mounting system a) requires five holes to be drilled in your desk b) the mounting screws are only designed for particularly thin desk tops and c) everything is in some quaint and parochial thread that is almost impossible to source outside the USA. When I finally did get the thing installed after a LOT of running around, I found that the height adjusters are not readily adjustable (you need an allen key and two people) and the mount rotation cannot be locked at all so that the monitors/imac rotate as soon as looked at.
I'm pretty unimpressed with this and certainly wouldn't recommend it to anyone living outside the USA. Also Bretford's tech support weren't much help in trying to source longer screws. …
- Written by Richard H from Balquhidder
4 of 4 people found this useful
Several months on and still impressed
Yes it is a bit of hassle to have to measure and carefully plan where you want to drill holes in your desk but it's well worth it. Yes it is a bit of hassle to have to measure and carefully plan where you want to drill holes in your desk but it's well worth it.
We have a TV mounted on the other side of the mount and the desk up against a wall so it's great being able to work and watch the news occasionally. All up 5 stars from me. …
- Written by David B from HIGH WYCOMBE