The Bowers & Wilkins MM-1 Speakers bring true hi-fi quality sound to your desktop, giving your Mac the audio enhancement it deserves. The MM-1 speakers have two drivers, one dedicated to bass and mid-range frequencies and another for the treble, so they deliver accurate sound, just like full-sized speakers.
Full remote control for MM-1 and iTunes
The beautifully designed infrared remote controls the basic functions of the MM-1 and iTunes, so you can play and pause, and skip tracks forward or back from almost anywhere in the room.
Great highs and rich bass
The MM-1 tweeters incorporate a tube-loaded design which dampens resonance and produces purer, high-frequency sounds. By adjusting the sound balance depending on the signal, these speakers keep bass effects powerful and music sounding rich and detailed, no matter how loud you play it.
Enhanced sound from headphones and Mac
Thanks to its high-quality headphone output, when you plug your headphones directly into the speakers, the audio from your Mac is enhanced by high-quality DACs.
Plus, you can stream audio directly from your Mac via USB, with your MM-1 speakers acting as an external sound card to give you the best possible audio quality.
- Superb compact desktop speakers with big sound
- Nautilus drive-unit technology for accurate sound
- DSP tuning keeps bass effects powerful
- Rich, detailed music, no matter how loud you play it
- USB connection to your Mac
- Improve the audio quality
- High-quality headphone output, using studio-grade DACs
- Enhanced sound for Mac headphone output
- Full remote control for iTunes
- Cloth grill and aluminium top plate to complement your Mac
- Aux line-in for use with iPod or iPhone
Did you notice?You can stream audio directly from your Mac via USB, with your MM-1 speakers acting as an external sound card, to give you the best possible audio quality.
Apple Recommends ForGreat sound from your Mac and iTunes, with full remote control, giving your Mac the audio enhancement it deserves.
What's in the Box?
- Bowers & Wilkins MM-1 speakers
- Remote control
- Power supply
- USB cable
- 3.5 mm stereo jack AUX cable
- Frequency Response : -6dB at 38Hz and 22kHz
- Connections : USB,Headphone port
- Power : 100V - 240V ac 50/60Hz on external power supply, 16V DC on product
- Height : 6.7 in./170 mm
- Width : 3.9 in./100 mm
- Depth : 3.9 in./100 mm
- Weight : 1.87 lb./0.85 kg per speaker
- UPC or EAN No. : 714346311309
- Note : Apples begrænsede dækning på 1 år gælder ikke for produkter fra andre producenter end Apple, selvom de er pakket eller sælges sammen med Apple-produkter. Produkter fra andre producenter end Apple kan være omfattet af producentens garanti – se kassen/æsken med produktet og den medfølgende dokumentation. Fordelene ved producentens garanti rækker ud over rettigheder iht. forbrugerbeskyttelseslove. Klik her for at se flere oplysninger her.
- Warranty : Two-year warranty
Ratings & Reviews
First Day of the B&W MM-1 Speakers, they are punchy, sonically excellent & have the Bass to rock. They really bring the detail fr om the music, I have tried from AAC 128 to Lossless and and impressive performer, but they excel at MP3 320 and this is where most of my collection is ripped at.
They are expensive so depends on how long your in front of the computer. …
- Written by Michael S from Manchester
137 of 146 people found this useful
Fabulous sound. Fantastic looking speakers.
I'd been waiting for the MM-1s to be released for a few months now, and I wasn't disappointed.
I actually replaced an old 2.1 s ystem with these little B&Ws, because I wanted to lose the sub woofer and wires that were cluttering my desk. I'm genuinely stunned at the quality of sound that these little boxes can produce. The near-field sound is amazing, whack them up a bit, and the room is filled, go to the max, and you have desk thumping, distortion free sound that is ample for my fairly cavernous bedroom. It's incredible that so much quality output can come from two such tiny boxes.
Other than the incredible sound (and build) quality, I love the fact that I can use the B&W pebble to drive iTunes; no more faffing with two remotes.
Any grumbles? The right driver speaker seems to get quite warm, and they seem to take a moment to start up, but not worth dropping a star over. Definitely worth the money. …
- Written by steve T from HARLOW
83 of 92 people found this useful
I would have said Wow, I could have said Perfect, but others have beaten me to it. I have had SO many speakers over the years for my Mac's but none have quite made it. They either have too much/little Treble, too much/little Bass or are just plain awful. These are quite frankly, perfect. I need good quality speakers for the work I do which includes the editing of HQ material in Final Cut Studio but I also like to have an uncluttered and tidy setup. These little beauty's look as good as they sound and I feel like (in the words of Peter Kay) "I'm living the Dream".
I also have the Zeppelin Mini that I use at the office with my MacBook Pro but although they sound fantastic too, they are no match for these and are easily worth the £100 upgrade.
Anyone wanting to test speakers like these, just play James Taylor's Mexico at a reasonable volume and if that acoustic guitar doesn't make the hairs on the back of you're neck stand on end, they ain't the right speakers. These are quite literally the best sub £500 computer speakers you can buy. …
- Written by Jeff N from Hartlepool
72 of 83 people found this useful
MM-1 with IMac, is just bull's-eye .. I love them.
always a pleasure to listen to music now.
good depth, good sound detail .. :-) …
- Written by Torben K from Måløv
1 of 1 people found this useful
these speakers. where to start. they are so easy to set up, took less that 3 minutes including unboxing! the clever usb connection really improves sound quality, bass is outstanding, treble and midrange are clear and precise. however they dont fill a pretty big room well at all, really only meant for use when you are less than 2 metres from them. these are certainely worth the moeny, yes its a lot but they really do deliver! cant believe the bass, reassuring weight, build quality and easy of use. even the remote is well made, nice touch. …
- Written by Christopher M from Belfast
2 of 2 people found this useful
The best I've ever heard ...
Using a pair of these linked to iTunes, and I can honestly call them amazing, providing a great "stage", with a clear treble and s olid punchy bass. How they do that in such a small speaker with no separate sub is beyond me.... …
- Written by Douglas T from Glasgow
1 of 1 people found this useful