iPad Smart Cover - Polyurethane - Blue
iPad Smart Cover - Polyurethane - Blue
Thin, minimal design.
The slim, yet sturdy Smart Cover protects your iPad screen without covering up its durable aluminium back. So your iPad still looks and feels like an iPad — just with a little extra protection.
An aluminium hinge magnetically aligns the Smart Cover with iPad for a perfect fit. While magnets inside help it stay put.
The Smart Cover does double duty as a keyboard stand. Fold it back to tilt iPad into a comfortable writing position.
The Smart Cover now comes in five more vibrant polyurethane colours with a soft, colour-matched microfibre lining that keeps your display clean.
Wake on open. Sleep on close.
Open the Smart Cover and iPad magically wakes up. Close it and iPad automatically goes to sleep.
FaceTime and film stand.
The Smart Cover folds in just the right places to become the perfect FaceTime and film-watching stand.
Choose a beautiful, aniline-dyed Italian leather cover with a soft, colour-matched microfibre lining that keeps your display clean.
What's in the Box?
- iPad Smart Cover
- *The leather Smart Cover is crafted from high-quality, naturally treated material that gets its colour from a rich aniline dye. Some colour may rub off during use.
- A portion of the proceeds from every (PRODUCT) RED purchase will go to the Global Fund to fight AIDS in Africa.
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPad (4th generation)
Ratings & Reviews
On the whole, a good buy :)
This product is an innovitave way of dressing up my iPad, and protecting the scrren. Function wise, it does what it says on the ti n, exactly. However, it easily discolours and i take great care with the product and how and where i use and store it. It also traps dust and other particles and imprints them on the screen when in use. I have had food stains on my screen!
Please dont let that discourage you from buying the product, it is great if you care for it. The technology you recieve covers the steep price :D …
- Written by Kashmir P from NOTTINGHAM
123 of 140 people found this useful
We use our IPad every day and this just doesn't stand up to the amount of use it gets! Had it for 3 months and the blue is coming away from the main body. Design wise its fab ie using it as a stand, quick lock etc. But sustainability is lacking.
Spend the extra and get the leather cover! …
- Written by Kelly H from Langport
123 of 148 people found this useful
Thinking of getting a smart cover? Here's what nobody will tell you...
1. They're stupidly expensive for what they are but also vital. Watch out for third party ones if you have an iPad 3 because their magnets might not be the right sort, so won't work.
2. Although lightweight the smart cover does add weight to the whole iPad caboodle. The iPad 3 I have is already pretty heavy. With a smart cover attached its like I'm holding a large and heavy hardback book. My hands get sore (but this is perhaps more a fault of the iPad 3).
3. Typical "form over function" Apple design: When used to hold the iPad almost at 90 degrees to the table, the way the smart cover folds means the felt side goes against the table. So you'd better make sure the surface is clean and dry (not easy in a cafe for example!) because the felt is what touches your screen when the cover is closed. Accidentally get some grit in there and... Ouch. Scratched screen.
4. The magnets that hold the cover to the glass aren't that strong. It's far from a vice-like grip. I don't think the cover will open in a bag provided the hinge side is topmost but gravity can pull the cover off in certain circumstances, or certainly cause it to sag in the middle.
In summary this is a vital piece of equipment that works but its primary benefit is that it's small and lightweight. The only alternatives are third party covers that are bigger but which come with physical clasps, catches or Velcro to hold the cover closed. The price is silly but you've just paid four hundred quid for a gadget so let's be honest you don't have a leg to stand on. Buying Apple stuff can be like moving house -- supifyingly expensive but it's better not to think about it too much. …
- Written by Keir T from Urmston
95 of 107 people found this useful
The smart cover is part of my iPad, not really an accessory. Unobtrusive, effective, flexible, well made and durable (one year's h eavy use and still going strong) it's perfect really. As long as I have an iPad I'll also own one of these. …
- Written by Graeme P from Cradley Heath
1 of 2 people found this useful
It's really good because when you close it its cleans the screen which is good I would defiantly recommend it :) thank apple
- Written by Ryan C from Derby
5 of 7 people found this useful
Nice design but poor durability
The case is a nice, clever design for protecting the screen without covering the whole iPad and losing the aesthetics of the produ ct. Works well as a stand as well.
BUT....like some others here, I am highly unimpressed by the product's durability. Within a few months the polyurethane cover was pulling away from the suede-ey protecting inner lining, and now after 6 months it looks nothing but tatty. I don't think I have been particularly abusive, rarely ever taking it outside the house. It's actually so poor, I may try getting a warranty replacement because the glue seems to be faulty and for £35, I would expect better....or at least a longer lifespan. …
- Written by Tom W from London
13 of 20 people found this useful