With an integrated Thunderbolt cable providing both power and performance, My Passport Pro portable RAID storage is ideal for creative professionals in the field. This high-performance digital storage device boasts fast speeds, user-selectable RAID and a compact all-aluminium enclosure.
Thunderbolt is a revolutionary I/O technology that supports high-resolution displays and high-performance data devices via one simple port and a cable that carries both DisplayPort and PCI Express data. And it’s standard on every Mac.
PCI Express is the technology that links all the high-performance components in a Mac. And it’s built into Thunderbolt, which means you can get PCI Express speed outside the box.
Thunderbolt gives you up to 10 Gbps in both directions, allowing for super-fast data transfer between peripherals. You also have enough bandwidth to daisy-chain multiple high-speed devices without using a hub or switch.
Thunderbolt also provides double the power of USB 3.0, delivering 10 watts to peripherals for improved performance on the go.
- Integrated Thunderbolt cable
- Dual-drive RAID storage
- User-selectable RAID 0/1 or JBOD
- No AC adaptor required
- Durable aluminium enclosure
Did you notice?The device's small and lightweight design makes it easily portable - perfect for creative professionals working in the field.
Apple Recommends ForAnyone looking for a high-performance, portable storage device.
What's in the Box?
- WD My Passport Pro hard drive
- Integrated Thunderbolt cable
- Quick install guide
- Other Features: RAID support, Time Machine compatible
- Connections: Thunderbolt
- Height: 2.9 cm/1.14 in.
- Width: 8.9 cm/3.5 in.
- Weight: 460 g
- Length: 14.4 cm/5.7 in.
- Mfr. Part Number: WDBRNB0040DBK-NEAP
- UPC or EAN No.: 718037822136
- Note: Apples begrænsede dækning på 1 år gælder ikke for produkter fra andre producenter end Apple, selvom de er pakket eller sælges sammen med Apple-produkter. Produkter fra andre producenter end Apple kan være omfattet af producentens garanti – se kassen/æsken med produktet og den medfølgende dokumentation. Fordelene ved producentens garanti rækker ud over rettigheder iht. forbrugerbeskyttelseslove. Klik her for at se flere oplysninger her.
- *Up to 233 MB/s speeds are possible on the 2 TB model and up to 230 MB/s on the 4TB model. Performance may vary based on hardware and system configuration.
Ratings & Reviews
Great idea, drive failed in a week, but data was safe.
After only one week of use, one of the internal drives has failed on the 4TB model - I have it set up in RAID 1 to mirror all data After only one week of use, one of the internal drives has failed on the 4TB model - I have it set up in RAID 1 to mirror all data.
The good news is that all my data is safely now onto another drive, but what a disappointment for it to so quickly fall over.
I was excited about this product, and it still seems the best portable backup option for my situation, shooting ProRes video in an environment without AC power.
This has been in a snugly packed rucksack along with cameras and lenses, so I haven't dropped or thrown it down. Maybe it's less 'rugged' than some of the other drives on the market?
I have a second drive (still sealed) which I'll continue to test and hope that this was a one-off.
My advice: I wouldn't set this thing up to be striped (RAID 0), it would worry me a great deal. …
- Written by Nick H from Peckham
2 of 2 people found this useful