The WD My Book Thunderbolt Duo dual-drive storage system gives you the ideal combination of performance and capacity. And thanks to two Thunderbolt ports you get the superior data transfer speeds that only Thunderbolt technology can offer. Daisy-chain multiple devices through My Book Thunderbolt Duo and enjoy nearly unlimited flexibility and performance in your creative life.
Thunderbolt is a revolutionary I/O technology that supports high-resolution displays and high-performance data devices via one simple port and a cable that carries both DisplayPort and PCI Express data. And it’s standard on every Mac.
PCI Express is the technology that links all the high-performance components in a Mac. And it’s built into Thunderbolt, which means you can get PCI Express speed outside the box.
Thunderbolt gives you up to 10 Gbps in both directions, allowing for super-fast data transfer between peripherals. You also have enough bandwidth to daisy-chain multiple high-speed devices without using a hub or switch.
Thunderbolt also provides double the power of USB 3.0, delivering 10 watts to peripherals for improved performance on the go.
- Revolutionary Thunderbolt technology with Two Thunderbolt ports for high-speed data transfer
- Dual-drive storage system with user-selectable RAID 0/1 that automatically duplicates your data
- Compatible with Time Machine
- User serviceable hard drives
- WD SmartWare automatic continuous backup software
- HFS+ formatted
- Daisy-chain multiple devices like HD monitors, video and audio editors and media players for nearly unlimited productivity
- Handle video editing, 3D rendering and other graphics-intensive projects simultaneously
Did you notice?If you fill up a drive and need to replace it, simply open the case and exchange the existing drive - no tools needed.
Apple Recommends ForStore and backup data from your Mac at the unprecedented speeds of Thunderbolt technology.
What's in the Box?
- WD dual-drive storage system with Thunderbolt connectors
- AC adapter
- Quick install guide
- Thunderbolt cable included
- Other Features: Kensington Port, RAID support, Sleep Mode, Time Machine compatible, Upgradeable / Expandable
- Connections: Thunderbolt
- Power Source: External power supply
- Height: 6.5 in./16.5 cm
- Width: 3.9 in./9.9 cm
- Weight: 4.73 lb./2.15 kg
- Length: 6.2 in./15.7 cm
- Mac OS v10.5, v10.6, or v10.7
- Thunderbolt port
- Windows XP/Vista/7 (requires formatting)
- Mfr. Part Number: WDBUPB0040JSL-NESN
- UPC or EAN No.: 718037817781
- Note: Apples begrænsede dækning på 1 år gælder ikke for produkter fra andre producenter end Apple, selvom de er pakket eller sælges sammen med Apple-produkter. Produkter fra andre producenter end Apple kan være omfattet af producentens garanti – se kassen/æsken med produktet og den medfølgende dokumentation. Fordelene ved producentens garanti rækker ud over rettigheder iht. forbrugerbeskyttelseslove. Klik her for at se flere oplysninger her.
- Warranty: Three years
Ratings & Reviews
The biggest leap from USBfor a noise free thunderbolt solution
I'm a full time pro photographer and needed more storage. In the past I've used USB2 external drives and copying weddings at 25GB I'm a full time pro photographer and needed more storage. In the past I've used USB2 external drives and copying weddings at 25GB each from my imac took 15-25 minutes ... twice for two separate drives. This did it in 5 in total for both drives on a raid 1 setting.
Theres no noticeable noise unlike the fan assisted thunderbolt docks which everyone seems to complain about. It comes with a cable and you can replace drives when they either break or when they are full.
I had a little trouble with the software changing it from raid 0 to raid 1 but after I ejected the uninstaller it seemed to do it just fine. I'd buy another any day of the week.
I got around 140-150mb read and write in Raid 1 and 290-300mb in Raid 0 if you're all techy and stuff (black magic disk thingy).
Need external drives with Raid and Thunderbolt - just buy it. …
- Written by Tim E from Chorley
2 of 2 people found this useful