Create your personal wireless lighting environment with the Philips Hue connected bulbs and wireless bridge. And control it all with your iPhone or iPad from wherever you are. You can connect up to 50 Hue light bulbs to a single system, while using as much as 80% less energy than traditional bulbs.
Each Hue light bulb delivers 600 lumens and produces all shades of white, from warm to cold, and a wide variety of colour. Each bulb uses 80% less power than a traditional light bulb.
It's easy to extend your lighting system with additional single bulbs. All you need is the bridge that comes with the Starter Pack.
- Create and control your personal lighting scheme from your iPhone or iPad
- Wireless connectivity via easy-to-set-up bridge
- Light bulbs are compatible with most sockets
- Great quality of bright white light with tunable white and colours
- Create light settings based on your favourite photos
- Tune, dim, and control Hue from anywhere
- Choose from expert light recipes to help you relax or concentrate
- Set timers to help you wake up and pace your day
Did you notice?Each hue light bulb uses 80% less power than a traditional light bulb.
Apple Recommends ForTune, dim and control lighting from iPhone and iPad no matter where in the world you are.
What's in the Box?
- Three Hue Light Bulbs
- One Hue Bridge
- Power supply for Hue Bridge
- LAN cable to connect the Hue Bridge to your router
- UPC or EAN No.: 8718291241737
- Note: Apples begrænsede dækning på 1 år gælder ikke for produkter fra andre producenter end Apple, selvom de er pakket eller sælges sammen med Apple-produkter. Produkter fra andre producenter end Apple kan være omfattet af producentens garanti – se kassen/æsken med produktet og den medfølgende dokumentation. Fordelene ved producentens garanti rækker ud over rettigheder iht. forbrugerbeskyttelseslove. Klik her for at se flere oplysninger her.
- The Hue Bridge (included in the Starter Pack) is required for operation
Meet the hue app. The amazing way to control every Philips hue bulb in your home. All in the palm of your hand. It makes the light switch look like it came from the Dark Ages.
With hue, you’ll see light in a whole new way. It lets you play with tone, contrast and colour to create any lighting mood you could dream of. It’s clever, intuitive and connected. It‘s so much more than just a light bulb.
We call it PERSONAL WIRELESS LIGHTING.
hue lets you express who you are, through the way you light your home. With a vast palette of light and colour. So you can set your inner Picasso free.
hue can be wherever you want and you can access it whenever you want. Any room. Any space. All wirelessly, through your smart device. Clever, hey?
At its heart, hue is a lighting solution for the home. It’s functional and practical. But it can also be emotive and inspiring. It’ll change the way you think about home lighting. Forever.
See what hue can do for you:
- Can a light bring back your fondest memories? hue can.
Choose your favourite holiday photos from your library and use the colour picker to recreate the ambience of that safari sunset, island paradise or snow-
- Can a light be a better guard dog than your guard dog? hue can.
Turn your lights on or off remotely using your iPhone or iPad. Even set the lights to come on automatically, just before you return home.
- Can a light help you get better grades? hue can.
Use the ‘CONCENTRATE’ Light Recipe to help you pay attention and stay focussed for longer.
- Can a light help you unwind after a long, hard day? hue can.
The ‘RELAX’ Light Recipe sets your lights to a specific yellow-white tone, scientifically proven to have a calming effect.
The possibilities are endless with hue.
Requires the Philips hue starter pack (3 Philips hue bulbs and hue bridge). Single bulbs can then be added, up to a maximum of 50 per bridge. …
8024 0835 or Chat now
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPad (4th generation)
iPad mini with Retina display
iPod touch 3rd Generation
iPod touch 4th Generation
iPod touch 5th Generation 32GB/64GB
Ratings & Reviews
16 Million Colours. None of them blue.
I picked up a set of these just after launch. I like them, but they're very much a 'beta' product. You might want to wait.
The bi I picked up a set of these just after launch. I like them, but they're very much a 'beta' product. You might want to wait.
The biggest issue I've found is a complete inability to render blue. Even shades shown in their own promotional material (and on the box!) are impossible to render, due to the choice of LEDs. I think that poor, especially at the price.
On the plus side, they're easy to install and set up, and it's pretty cool to control lighting from an iPhone/iPad etc.
On the negative side, aside from the colour rendition, the app is pretty clunky. Many features seem to be missing - proper control of rooms, grouping lights, easy set up of pre-set scenes. All obvious features. You can't even remove lamps, and as it auto-adds new lamps I have no clue what would happen if a neighbour also had the same system.
On top of which, the bulbs are only available in what is one of the rarest fitting types in the UK with no word on anything else (so only a handful, if any, of your existing lamps can be fitted out).
It's a good (if expensive) start, but they have a long way to go. …
- Written by Jason D from Biggleswade
277 of 336 people found this useful
Better than most LED lamps, even for 'normal' light.
These are miles ahead of most LED lamps on the market - even when just being used to provide 'white' light in any colour temperatu These are miles ahead of most LED lamps on the market - even when just being used to provide 'white' light in any colour temperature from 2000K to 6500K.
The sources within a Hue are not primary Red, Green and Blue as are used in other LED lighting products; The Red is a touch more 'orange', the Green is closer to a 'lime-green' and the Blue is closer to Violet. This enabled much better whites (see above) and subtle hues but it cannot achieve some colours although this is not a problem in it's intended application.
The app itself isn't perfect - but it's a first version and will no doubt improve and for those who want a bit more control there's a simple HTTP API behind them.
At the moment they are only available in an "E27" or "ES" base, aka 'screw fit', most UK light fittings are Bayonet ("BC" or "B22") so keep this in mind if you're planning on putting these in existing fittings although adapters are available they wont fit in all lamps. …
- Written by Ross M from Newton Mearns
100 of 107 people found this useful
Great LED lights with novelty features...
I've had remote controlled lights for a while now but I had been looking for an LED alternative. When I saw the Philips Hue lighti I've had remote controlled lights for a while now but I had been looking for an LED alternative. When I saw the Philips Hue lighting system I just had to get them. But I could not find information anywhere on the type of bulb or their sizes to make sure I could buy the correct sized light fitting.
I blindly bought some downlight bulb holders (type E27 after a bit more research) from B&Q but I bought a large size as I still did not know the dimensions (which I now know to be 110mm long and 62mm diameter at the widest part).
The bulbs and the iOS app work great for a light set-up. Colours are bright and the normal white light goes well for any room. I do admit the app needs a few tweaks but it still allows you to use the complete lighting set-up so I can't see why anyone could complain.
Bulbs are numbered on the app and can be controlled individually so control of separate rooms should be managed easily with custom scenes.
It definitely beats flicking an old fashioned light switch on and off! I'm looking forward to any future third party apps but I wouldn't like Hue any less if it stayed the way it was. Great! …
- Written by Paul P from Stafford
92 of 104 people found this useful
Good hardware, Beta level software
Good light intensity, nice colours. No blues as another reviewer mentioned. The closer to blue you can get with the standard bul Good light intensity, nice colours. No blues as another reviewer mentioned. The closer to blue you can get with the standard bulbs is a blueish violet. Better blue comes from the Bloom light.
The software is high on fluffy and low on actual basic functions. I bought the Hue system expecting a Sonos type experience, but you will have to wait for future update (I hope) for a proper experience.
Issues I have with the software:
- no grouping by rooms. You can setup profiles that would be only valid for one room, but the process could be so much easier with grouping options. Frankly I can't understand why this has not been included in the 1.0 version.
- The extra lamp added (a Bloom for me) did not belong at the same level as the other lamps. All profiles needed to be manually visited on each control devices (iPhones, iPad) to add the new lamp.
- the lamps may have 16 millions colours, but the fidelity of the colour reproduction is not great.
- Not easy to simply turn one one lamp at the intensity and colour you want.
- Remove a lamp. Why should this be a complicated process that remove all your settings?
So, great concept but the usability is poor due to poor software. 4 stars for the hardware, and 1 star for the software. Total 2 stars because it is too expensive for an unfinished product. …
- Written by Eduardo M from Kingston Upon Thames
Good but price could be a little bit less
I'm quite happy of this starter set. Works as expecting and actually not so big price in my situation. I bought these mainly for I'm quite happy of this starter set. Works as expecting and actually not so big price in my situation. I bought these mainly for dimming capability and daylight spectrum. I have no dimmer so other alternative would have been change dimmers and buy dimmable led daylight spectrum lights.
Few thing I like to see in next version.
- If I shut down lights from switch it does not remember my previous settings. Should at keast able to chose one setting that comes directly after switching light again.
- Maximum brightness could be a little bit better but these are already very usable to be primary lights.
- I'd like to be able to adjust based on color temperature
Great product, will buy more when price will drop. …
- Written by Tapio H from OULU
great product, a few tweaks needed
Recently bought this and i have to say we were impressed. there is a few things you need to consider.
1. setup is a dream. one Recently bought this and i have to say we were impressed. there is a few things you need to consider.
1. setup is a dream. one of those setups that work according to the tiny flier on setup delivered in the box. connecting the bulbs to the hub was simple and worked flawlessly for us.
2. the remote login works well over 3g, about a 3-5 second delay which is pretty darn good IMHO.. the apps on the iphone work. the version on android is a little wobbly. the geowalling does not work with older iphone. my wife adores her 3s because of the shape but the geowalling is not supported on that version, she did not upgrade to the recent version for performance reasons. there is no geowalling on android at all and im running it on a nexus5 with the latest kitkat version.
3. sometimes you do have to get the app to reconnent to the bridge or hub supplied, especially on android. its easy to do but you do need to reconnect to the meetme website and renew the security tokens. also works on ipads and android tablets, with the same limitations for android.
4. i also have one of the backlighting options from philips. this is a light classified as a 'friend of hue'. it could be my ignorance but i cannot get that to automatically go on with all the other lights. perhaps its the friends of hue limitation. the app and bridge do recognise it, it just doesnt appear as an option to automatically turn the lights on when you group them together.
5. the app is easy to use, the picture option for colours i personally think is more a marketing ploy than anything. it does work but i think it is a bit overkill.
6. there are other apps appearing now, one activates on sound, XBMC (the home theatre app) is also working on one , i have not tried that yet.
7. the colour array is huge. my better half loves the soft cream colour. honestly we must have spent about a 100 euro looking for a led light that is not some type of military quality searchlight. we didnt really find one until we came across this and the flexibility of colour change with something beside you always..namely a phone or tablet.
8. i gave it 4 starts because i do think there is a the odd bug in the apps and honeslty philips...the price is stupidly expensive. you do get the feeling however that this is they way lighting should be and will be. if they made them even 30 euro per bulb we would replace the whole house but at 70 euro per bulb that aint happening. i personally am waiting for the competitor friends of hue products as they are sure to appear and that will drive the price down.
9. overall, if you have the money, and lighting is something you like, it is worth getting...but it definitely falls into the category of 'wants' not 'needs'. …
- Written by Tom G from Blessington