The LaCie 2big Thunderbolt Series hard drive offers transfer rates of up to 327 MB/s*. That means backups take a fraction of the time, letting you back up more frequently. If you're a photographer using Aperture, you'll notice significantly more responsive photo library browsing. And if you rely on Final Cut Pro X or other professional software, you can even stream multiple HD video streams directly from the drive.
RAID for speed or security
Use Disk Utility on your Mac OS to configure the 2big Thunderbolt Series into a RAID array that suits your needs. It's possible to set it up as a mirrored RAID set (RAID 1), which provides data protection if one disk fails. Thanks to its removable disks, you can simply replace a disk, with zero data loss and no work interruption.
Alternatively, configure it as a striped RAID set (RAID 0) to maximize speed and capacity for large file storage and fast transfers. It even supports JBOD, which lets you assign each disk to a specific data storage task.
Daisy chain to multiply options
Thunderbolt technology is the most flexible interface ever created. With dual Thunderbolt ports on the 2big, you can daisy chain up to six Thunderbolt peripherals together. That means you don't need to buy a hub to connect multiple devices to a single Thunderbolt port on your computer. Daisy chaining multiple 2bigs can also push overall performance to more than 670MB/s* for your most data-intensive tasks. Thunderbolt technology is also mini-DisplayPort compatible.
Aluminium reliability and security
The 2big's advanced dual cooling system ensures long-term reliability by preventing overheating. Its solid-aluminium casing provides 60% more surface area, which diverts and dissipates heat more efficiently. In addition, its thermo-regulated fan turns on and off according to internal temperature. For more energy savings, the front power button even lets you turn it off without breaking a daisy chain connection.
- 10 Gbit/s Thunderbolt interface
- RAID-ready for speed or security
- Replaceable disks for continuous data access
- Dual Thunderbolt ports for daisy chaining up to six compatible storage devices together
- Mini DisplayPort backward compatible for daisy chaining with other digital devices such as monitors and compatible cameras
- Dual cooling system prolongs product life
- Includes a Thunderbolt cable
Did you notice?Daisy chain up to six compatible storage devices for increased storage capacity and speed.
Apple Recommends ForImprove backup time, photo library browsing performance and camera downloads when doing professional audio, photo, video editing on your Mac.
What's in the Box?
- LaCie 2big Thunderbolt Series RAID Hard Drive
- Drive stand for upright use
- External power supply
- CD with user manual and quick install guide
- Intego Backup Manager Pro
- Thunderbolt cable
- Other Features: RAID Support,Sleep Mode,Time Machine Compatible,Upgradeable / Expandable
- Connections: Thunderbolt
- Power Source: External power supply
- Height: 7.8 in./19.8 cm
- Width: 3.5 in./8.9 cm
- Weight: 5.95 lb./2.7 kg
- Length: 6.7 in./17 cm
- OS X 10.6 or later
- Thunderbolt port
- Mfr. Part Number: 9000246
- UPC or EAN No.: 093053001544
- Note: Apples begrænsede dækning på 1 år gælder ikke for produkter fra andre producenter end Apple, selvom de er pakket eller sælges sammen med Apple-produkter. Produkter fra andre producenter end Apple kan være omfattet af producentens garanti – se kassen/æsken med produktet og den medfølgende dokumentation. Fordelene ved producentens garanti rækker ud over rettigheder iht. forbrugerbeskyttelseslove. Klik her for at se flere oplysninger her.
- Warranty: Three-year limited
- * These transfer rates were achieved using AJA System Test with a 6TB 2big Thunderbolt Series in RAID 0 when connected to a 17" MacBook Pro 2.2Ghz Quad Core and 4GB RAM with 32k.
Ratings & Reviews
Apart from the speed and the nice design of this unit, the best feature for me is the RAID 1 mode option and the hot-swappability Apart from the speed and the nice design of this unit, the best feature for me is the RAID 1 mode option and the hot-swappability of HDDs. I'm always concerned about accidentally loosing data, but these two functions give me a real peace of mind, especially considering how much data I've already packed into those two HDDs! …
- Written by Lyric S
2 of 2 people found this useful