The G-Technology G-RAID Thunderbolt Hard Drive helps you get the most out of your professional content-creation applications. It's 12 times faster than FireWire 800, providing the raw speed that you need for media driven workflows and editing.
- Ultra-fast, high-performance Thunderbolt interface technology
- Double the data transfer rates of USB 3.0 and more than 12 times faster than FireWire 800
- RAID 0 for maximum performance
- Supports multi-stream HDV, DVCPro HD, XDCAM HD, ProRes 422 and uncompressed SD workflows
- Dual Thunderbolt ports for easy access and daisy-chaining up to six Thunderbolt compatible peripherals
- Time Machine-ready, plug-and-play setup on Mac OS X
- 7200 RPM drive technology
- Solid all-aluminium case for excellent durability
- Thunderbolt cable sold separately
Did you notice?To use this Thunderbolt drive with your Mac, you'll need a Thunderbolt cable, sold separately.
Apple Recommends ForManaging multi-stream HDV, uncompressed SD and other high-capacity workflows on your Mac with ease.
What's in the Box?
- G-Technology G-RAID Thunderbolt Hard Drive
- Power cable
- Mains adapter
- Quick start guide
- Connections : Thunderbolt
- Height : 85.7 mm/3.37 in.
- Width : 130 mm/5.12 in.
- Length : 235 mm/9.25 in.
- OS X 10.6 or later
- UPC or EAN No. : 705487190014
- Note : Apples begrænsede dækning på 1 år gælder ikke for produkter fra andre producenter end Apple, selvom de er pakket eller sælges sammen med Apple-produkter. Produkter fra andre producenter end Apple kan være omfattet af producentens garanti – se kassen/æsken med produktet og den medfølgende dokumentation. Fordelene ved producentens garanti rækker ud over rettigheder iht. forbrugerbeskyttelseslove. Klik her for at se flere oplysninger her.
Ratings & Reviews
Good..But Not Great
Fast, but not the fastest in this price range.
Not noisy, but it's still a little annoying if you sitting next to it.
Nice to l ook at - but still, it's only a HD.
Thunderbolt Cable is not included - even at this price.
Remember this Hard Drive is 2 Partitions - so you can't use it as fx. 1 x 1GB + 1 x 3Gb. It can only be used as 2 x 2GB or you can split one of them into smaller partitions. …
- Written by Tony L from København Ø
10 of 13 people found this useful
Better than I was expecting...
After a bad experience with another manufacturers Thunderbotl Drive I was a bit apprehensive about trying again; the G-Tech was l ike a breath of fresh air, can't fault the build quality, it is quite heavy (definately not portable), very quiet (but not silent), as for speed... a 750Meg folder containing 200+ MP3's dropped onto the drive takes about 2 seconds to copy!
Based on previous experience, I have tried everything I can (short of pulling the cable) to get the drive to disconnect while in use, so far (I happy to say) I have failed.
I'm very happy with it, expensive but well worth the money if you need/want fast storage, next step is to use it as the boot drive for an iMac... …
- Written by Martin M from Poole
64 of 68 people found this useful