OverviewThe Harman Kardon SoundSticks III desktop sound system brings a new level of excitement to music, games and movies with a minimum of wiring—and looks spectacular doing it. You get a 6-inch, 20-watt downward-firing powered subwoofer; eight 1-inch full-range transducers; and plug-and-play compatibility with virtually any multimedia device.
- Four Harman Kardon Odyssey transducers with computer-optimised equalisation per satellite
- 6-inch, 20-watt downward firing powered subwoofer
- Easy-to-use touch controls
- Subwoofer volume control
- Angle-adjustable satellites
- Compatible with all devices with a stereo mini-jack output
- Incredible industrial design
Did you notice?The original Harman Kardon SoundSticks system is now in the permanent collection of New York City's Museum of Modern Art.
Apple Recommends ForExperience incredible sound quality for the music on your Mac — plus stunning industrial design.
What's in the Box?
- Harman Kardon SoundSticks III
- AC power cord
- 3.5 mm auxiliary cable
- Frequency Response : 44Hz-20kHz
- Connections : Headphone port
- Weight : 7.8 lb./3.54 kg
- Mfr. Part Number : SOUNDSTICKS3AM
- UPC or EAN No. : 282922576362
- Note : Apples begrænsede dækning på 1 år gælder ikke for produkter fra andre producenter end Apple, selvom de er pakket eller sælges sammen med Apple-produkter. Produkter fra andre producenter end Apple kan være omfattet af producentens garanti – se kassen/æsken med produktet og den medfølgende dokumentation. Fordelene ved producentens garanti rækker ud over rettigheder iht. forbrugerbeskyttelseslove. Klik her for at se flere oplysninger her.
- Warranty : One-year limited
Ratings & Reviews
Look great, sound great, not many downsides
Soundwise, these speakers are great. I've had them for about a week now and listen to a variety of genres.
The soundsticks are ba lanced and punchy, but vocals stay clear. My only gripe with them is that the speakers themselves are EXTREMELY directional, the sound of these completely changes as you move around the room.
Overall, a great set of speakers. …
- Written by Charlie D from east grinstead
95 of 107 people found this useful
Long term review
I've had my original model Soundsticks for at least six years, probably more.
The sound is good and continues to mellow gently over time.
The 2.1 design makes for a truly spacious sound, unlike single-unit systems, including the B&W Zeppelin, which is much better sonically, but lacks that wide quality I like.
Classical singers can get strained on high notes, but for daily listening the Soundsticks are just right, and their looks still raise 'ooohs' from guests.
As for faults, the sub control needs a poke with a biro-top from time to time.
All in all, recommended. …
- Written by D M J from AYLESBURY
55 of 66 people found this useful
Good sound but short leads and can't easily clean
Reasonably happy with these: source iTunes on iMac and fed by Airport Express from Airport Extreme and controlled by 'Remote' app from iPhone or iPad or iPod. Sound good. Downsides are the leads are quite short if you want them other than near to a computer. I have mine in the kitchen on a welsh dresser and the distance between the towers and the central location of the woofer together with a pair of required power sockets (1 airport express and 1 for the speaker power) is limiting and frustrating. Also the woofer collects bugs and flies (blue light attraction (?) as its always on) and its nigh on impossible to get them out apart from disassembling the unit. …
- Written by Mervyn G from Woking
53 of 64 people found this useful
the worse speakers i have ever bought in my life !!!!!!! the £30 dell ones were better the bass is terrible the speakers them selv es are not loud in the slightest thanks for wasting £144.95 :) …
- Written by Shirley B from onchan
2 of 46 people found this useful
still blasting out the tunes wonderfully after 12 years
i got the first sounds sticks and subwoofer in 2000 - the design still hasn't changed - i stuck the woofer under my desk - and the sticks on my desk either side of my workspace - they have such a small footprint so take up so little space - and i can direct the sound as i pls easily when i'm not sitting at my mac
have given 5 stars because...
- the sound is as good as u'd need from a mac/pc throwing out - for the most part, mp3s
- they are in perfect condition - no flies collected - and do their job as they did on day one
- and it may be personal but i've always found the look to my liking - and they're easy to wipe clean
what can i say - they've been great value - and still going strong …
- Written by Aly R from Newcastle upon Tyne
29 of 34 people found this useful
I ordered these from the Apple store when I ordered my custom built iMac and didn't expect very much. However, these have proven t o be amazing in sound quality. The design is very modern and takes a bit of getting used to, especially the 'goldfish bowl' sub-woofer with its white light. You will need a bit of space to situate this, as it's meant to be way under the two upright speakers. But in terms of sound quality, these produce a very rich, deep-bassed sound. I don't notice any distortion as the volume is increased. Down-sides: You can accidentally alter the volume when you handle the upright speaker which houses the volume control, as it is a push-button design. I've also found that static builds up in the system which causes the sound to disappear. This seems to occur if the speakers have been left on for a period of time or after dusting and is easily fixed by detaching the cables from the electrical source and re-attaching. A bit of a bind! Also, if there is limited space, you find you keep moving them out of obstacles' way eg. a big 27" computer screen. If you're looking for easily affordable speakers with superb sound and have the space, I wholly recommend these.
Pros: Rich, deep sound without distortion when volume is increased. Easily affordable.
Cons: Static build-up turns off the sound. Design may not be to everyone's liking. Volume control eas …
- Written by Adonis G from London
30 of 38 people found this useful