Questions & Answers for Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
400 Questions from the Community
How can I connect my mac book air 11'' to a LAN cable using USB ports for internet access if no wireless but only LAN connection?
My Macbook Air does not have a Port where a LAN internet cable could be plugged onto my Macbook.
I need a cable with one end that could be connected to the USB port on my Macbook and the other end of the cable will accept internet cable with LAN (ethernet) plug.
I need this cable connector so if I do not have access to wireless internet connection so I could use the LAN connections.
Thank you.Best Answer:
There is a USB ethernet adapter for that. I have 13inch MBA and been using the adapter for a while
Can I connect my MacBook Pro to 2 external monitors?
I want to use the 2 monitors only, not the MBP's monitor.
I want to run 2 separate programs on 2 separate screens.
- Asked by Joseph W from Billingham
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect my MacBook Pro to 2 external monitors?)
A note regarding the 13" MacBook Pro: You CAN use two Thunderbolt displays with the 13", same as the 15" and 17". The difference is that if you connect a second Thunderbolt display to the 13" then the internal display is automagically deactivated. The 15" and 17" will drive all three displays with no trouble.
- Answered by Matthew S from Trumbull
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I connect my MacBook Pro to 2 external monitors?)
Will this work for a 13 inch mid-2009 Macbook Pro?
I recently purchased a Mini-DVI to VGA Adapter to hook up my MacBook Pro to an external monitor, but the cord would not plug in to my MacBook because the laptop itself was too old of a version. The description says that this adapter is compatible with Mini Displayport and Thunderbolt ports. I'm fairly sure it will work for me, but I want to make sure before I spend another $30.00. Do Macbook Pros from mid-2009 have Mini Displayports?
- Asked by Nolan Q from Bryan
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work for a 13 inch mid-2009 Macbook Pro?)
you can either use this product to mirror the display or extended it essentially acting as an extra monitor. So you could easily have a something running on your TV/monitor and work on the laptop.
- Answered by Avery A from Savage
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use my laptop while watching something from it using the VGA cord? Essentially can I multitask?)
can I use this with MacBook Air?
I want to know if I can use this Mini DisplayPort to VGA adapter to connect my MacBook Air 11" to a (LCD) projector.
- Asked by Leonor B from Bacolod
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use this with MacBook Air?)
Yes, you can. I was confused about it myself, but the thunderbolt connector that you have on your macbook air can be used as a Mini DisplayPort.. So you don't need to buy any other converters, either.
- Answered by Daniil C from Aventura
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can I use this with MacBook Air?)
How many monitors can I use on a 2011 27" iMac with dual Thunderbolt ports?
Can I use one of these Mini DisplayPort to VGA adapters on each of the iMac's Thunderbolt ports? I have my old iMac directly driving a second monitor and a couple extra screens over Ethernet but a direct connection sounds better.
- Asked by Michael M from Cedar City
- Flag as inappropriate (How many monitors can I use on a 2011 27" iMac with dual Thunderbolt ports?)
connect this to thunderbolt display
can I connect a vga display through the Thunderbolt display with a mini Displayport to VGA adapter
- Asked by Dewey N from Dunedin
- Flag as inappropriate (connect this to thunderbolt display)
I have a Apple LED Cinema Display 24 for my 13' MacBook, I bought a MacBook Air..the monitor plug doesn't fit on it. can I buy an adaptor to fit?
- Asked by Anna Marie M from Marcy
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a Apple LED Cinema Display 24 for my 13' MacBook, I bought a MacBook Air..the monitor plug doesn't fit on it. can I buy an adaptor to fit?)
Can this VGA adapter connect my new macbook pro to a projector via thunderbolt?
The new released macbook pro don't have the usual mini displayport but only have thunderbolt. I have purchased one VGA adapter for my old macbook pro 2010, and it worked fine. However, since I changed to the new macbook pro 2012, the VGA adapter stopped functioning if I connected the projector via the thunderbolt. I wonder what kind of adapter I need to connect a projector to my new macbook pro.
- Asked by Lidan W from Los Angeles
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this VGA adapter connect my new macbook pro to a projector via thunderbolt?)
1.) It depends on what MacBook model you have. The new aluminum models have the Mini DisplayPort (Mini DP) connector, but the White models use Mini-DVI. Depending on which MacBook you have, you will need to buy either a Mini DP or Mini DVI Adapter.
2.) If your TV has a VGA or DVI input, you can use Apple's Mini DP/DVI adapters. There is also a 3rd-party Mini DP/DVI to HDMI Adapter you can use if you only have an HDMI input on your TV. So the first thing you need is the adapter that matches your MacBook and your TV
3.) Cables: now all you need is the right cable to go along with your adapter. If you bought a VGA adapter, use a VGA cable. for DVI adapters, use a DVI cable... etc etc.
- Answered by Alex R from Miami
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What cables do I require to connect my MacBook to any TV so I can watch movies?)
can i use a vga splitter so i can support up to 2 external monitors cos i would really want to and if i cant then it would be the last strawBest Answer:
You can always use a VGA splitter, however it is only going to duplicate and distribute the same VGA signal to multiple monitors. This is ideal if you want to have multiple displays displaying the same thing (projector/monitor/laptop). This will not extend your display onto a second monitor.
- Answered by Anthony P from Harrisburg
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can i use a vga splitter so i can support up to 2 external monitors cos i would really want to and if i cant then it would be the last straw)
What do I need to connect a MacBook Pro with retina display laptop to a projector
I just bought a macbook pro with retina display and don't know what I need to connect it to a projector for my power point presentations. What do I need to get?
- Asked by Corinne V from Columbia
- Flag as inappropriate (What do I need to connect a MacBook Pro with retina display laptop to a projector)
If your projector has HDMI input, you can use a simple HDMI cable. For older projectors you may need a Mini DisplayPort adapter for either VGA or DVI, depending on the unit.
- Answered by Adam T from Providence
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What do I need to connect a MacBook Pro with retina display laptop to a projector)
minidisplay port to vga, can i connect to my thunderbolt port?
is there any cable thunderbolt to vga like minidisplay to vga, or they are same?
- Asked by Kabir M
- Flag as inappropriate (minidisplay port to vga, can i connect to my thunderbolt port?)
Yes. I connected my MacBook Pro to an old Dell VGA monitor, using the thunderbolt port with a Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter. It works fine.
- Answered by Nushin N
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (minidisplay port to vga, can i connect to my thunderbolt port?)
That depends on your computer and your TV. If you have a new MacBook Pro with DisplayPort output and your Sony TV has VGA and HDMI inputs like mine, you could use this mini DisplayPort to VGA adapter with a male-to-male VGA cable, or you could use a mini DisplayPort to DVI adapter with a DVI to HDMI adapter cable. The DVI solution is preferable because the mini DisplayPort to DVI is digital while VGA is analog.
- Answered by Paul S from Lamoni
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What cable do I require to connect my Mac book pro to my Sony Bravia LCD tv)
which adapter do I need to use Epson Powerlite 76C with my macbook pro?
- Asked by Jeffrey M from Edinburg
- Flag as inappropriate (which adapter do I need to use Epson Powerlite 76C with my macbook pro?)
can I combine the mini display-to-DVI adapter with my Apple DVI-to-ADC Adapter so that I can use my old apple cinema display with my new macbook pro?
I have an Apple Cinema Display purchased years ago. It's still a great display. I just purchased a macbook pro, Can I use this display with my new laptop? VGA to DVI to mini display connector???Best Answer:
Yes. The whole system will just function as DVI-over-a-bunch-of-funny-connectors from end to end.
Yes. For display purposes, the thunderbolt port is essentially the same as a mini display port.
- Answered by Robin O
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will the mini display port to VGA adapter work for MACBookPro and Thunderbolt?)