Similar questions from the community
Will my Mac Book Pro with Mavericks support Airport Time capsule?
- Asked by Sonia B from Melbourne
- Flag as inappropriate (Will my Mac Book Pro with Mavericks support Airport Time capsule?)
Does AirPort Time Capsule support QoS by MAC or physical port number?
My VOIP box really needs this feature to ensure it gets the proper bandwidth. I've read that at least older Time Capsules lacked this feature. What about this latest version?
- Asked by Lance H from Austin
- Flag as inappropriate (Does AirPort Time Capsule support QoS by MAC or physical port number?)
Squeezebox Support on Airport?
Does anyone know if an Airport Time Capsule would offer Squeezebox support? I'm considering moving from an all windows environment to an iMac with an Airport time capsule. Ideally I'd like to be able to access a music library from Squeezebox on an airport even with the iMac off. I realize there is Apple TV and the like, but I've got a good investment already in squeezebox devices and controllers I'd like to continue to use. Has anyone tried this before? Sorry, not very technical here so forgive me but from browsing the logitech site it looks like Squeezebox is incapable of connecting to N networks and we would need to change modem settings to B or G. I assume that is done at the wireless router and isn't any worse that what I have now? Any downsides here? Thanks everyone!
- Asked by Darren N from Sterling
- Flag as inappropriate (Squeezebox Support on Airport?)
No answers yet
how many devices does airport time capsule support
I am planning to buy a 2tb time capsule....We use 13 devices iMac iPhones iPads etc. can it support all our devices and can we stores all our photo and movie files and access them remotely. Can we stream movies from time capsule to tv.
- Asked by Bill O
- Flag as inappropriate (how many devices does airport time capsule support)
The AirPort Time Capsule could be used as backup of the network files for PC´s using Windows XP,Vista, 7 and 8?
Airport support Windows PC´s for Backup and Wireless use?
- Asked by Jorge P from Lehigh Acres
- Flag as inappropriate (The AirPort Time Capsule could be used as backup of the network files for PC´s using Windows XP,Vista, 7 and 8?)
Can I plug my computer directly into the Time Capsule
This is a bit more detail supporting my question. Blah Blah Blah
- Asked by Tod I from San Jose
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I plug my computer directly into the Time Capsule)
Does the Airport/Time Capsule Support Remote Access from the Internet. DDNS, Dynamic DNS, Wide area Bonjour,
Hi, I have seen others ask questions on DDNS - I am not so worried about DDNS specifically (although this would seem the most sensible way to support this capability).
Is there ANY way from the device itself? (not a Mac, PC or something else sat behind it) to allow remote connection from the internet back into the device. For instance to remote access the time capsule, access a device such as an IP Camera etc. I do not have a static IP address fomr my ISP so I need some way to broadcast this via a dynamic DNS service or other method that you can provide, but it needs to be form the router as I do not have a Mac or PC or other device permanently left 'on' behind the Airport.
- Asked by Neil G from Winter Park
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Airport/Time Capsule Support Remote Access from the Internet. DDNS, Dynamic DNS, Wide area Bonjour,)
Can I back up two separate Macs using Time Machine?
i.e. will it support two instances of Time Machine so both Macs can independently backup to the Time Capsule?
- Asked by Josh H
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I back up two separate Macs using Time Machine?)
Backup and Restore or Airport Time Capsule
I'm conscious of only having one backup of my valuable files. I am thinking to use the Airport Time Capsule as my primary network storage location as well as a backup location for my Macs, but don't want to lose everything if it's HDD fails.
Can you backup the Airport Time Capsule (ATC) to an external USB HDD/SSD and can this be scheduled? How?
Can you recover the ATC from the external USB HDD/SSD if the internal ATC drive fails? How?
- Asked by Beau F from Mudgeeraba
- Flag as inappropriate (Backup and Restore or Airport Time Capsule)
No answers yet
Can I share an Apple SuperDrive using the new Airport Time Capsule?
I'm looking at upgrading my fiancee's macbook to a macbook air, but we would loose our last CD/DVD drive. I'd love to be able to just plug an Apple SuperDrive into the time capsule and share it to both my Macbook Pro Retina and her new Air. Is that possible? Otherwise I'll probably just get her a Macbook Pro non-Retina so we still have a CD/DVD player.
- Asked by Benjamin M from Arlington
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I share an Apple SuperDrive using the new Airport Time Capsule?)
what is the wireless range for airport time capsule
- Asked by Aimen A from Tempe
- Flag as inappropriate (what is the wireless range for airport time capsule)
Does the AirPort Time Capsule support send logs to a syslog server?
- Asked by Gerardo M from Mexico
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the AirPort Time Capsule support send logs to a syslog server?)
What are my options to have an online backup for the airport time capsule
I am planning to purchase an AirPort Time Capsule to act as a NAS, so my iPhoto and iTunes folders will be located on it.
I hope this plan makes sense and other people are doing the same.
There shouldn't be any problem with this, but I would like to have it backed up online, in case it fails.
Do I have to run backup software such as CrashPlan from my macbook in order to have that, or does this device supports any type of online backup out of the box?
- Asked by Uzi K from Albany
- Flag as inappropriate (What are my options to have an online backup for the airport time capsule)
What voltage does the Airport Time Capsule power supply support? I.e. Can a time capsule bought in the US (110V) support europeans votages?
Does 2013 Time Capsule support 5Ghz 802.11 'N' or is 5Ghz only for 'AC'?
I currently have no 802.11AC devices, and 2.4ghz is congested in my area.
Can I turn off 'AC' and use 5ghz frequency for 802.11N, so that my 3rd Gen iPad, iPhone 5 etc can connect on 5ghz band?
From what I've read, it looks like 2.4ghz is N and 5Ghz is AC, can this be changed?
- Asked by Isaac I from Pacific Pines
- Flag as inappropriate (Does 2013 Time Capsule support 5Ghz 802.11 'N' or is 5Ghz only for 'AC'?)