Similar questions from the community
Squeezebox Support on Airport?
Does anyone know if an Airport Time Capsule would offer Squeezebox support? I'm considering moving from an all windows environment to an iMac with an Airport time capsule. Ideally I'd like to be able to access a music library from Squeezebox on an airport even with the iMac off. I realize there is Apple TV and the like, but I've got a good investment already in squeezebox devices and controllers I'd like to continue to use. Has anyone tried this before? Sorry, not very technical here so forgive me but from browsing the logitech site it looks like Squeezebox is incapable of connecting to N networks and we would need to change modem settings to B or G. I assume that is done at the wireless router and isn't any worse that what I have now? Any downsides here? Thanks everyone!
- Asked by Darren N from Sterling
- Flag as inappropriate (Squeezebox Support on Airport?)
No answers yet
how many devices does airport time capsule support
I am planning to buy a 2tb time capsule....We use 13 devices iMac iPhones iPads etc. can it support all our devices and can we stores all our photo and movie files and access them remotely. Can we stream movies from time capsule to tv.
- Asked by Bill O
- Flag as inappropriate (how many devices does airport time capsule support)
Will the new airport have settings for DDNS survive or support it ?
- Asked by Brian P from Soquel
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the new airport have settings for DDNS survive or support it ?)
Does it support DHCP reservation?
DHCP reservation is a feature commonly found on DLINK routers. It means that your router is still assigning the IP addresses dynamically, but you can tell the router to assign certain IP address to certain clients as they join the network. Therefore if you have a shared Network Attached Storage (NAS) and you want to ensure the same IP address every-time it comes up from a reboot, DHCP reservation takes care of this IP "affinity".
I am asking the question because I found this feature to be fairly obscure to the general public, and Router manufacturers rarely tout it as a feature. However, I ended up with a Belkin router that was pretty high-end and did not have DHCP reservation.
- Asked by Alexandru R from Seattle
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it support DHCP reservation?)
does this support air play?
- Asked by Ashlyn G from Alexandria
- Flag as inappropriate (does this support air play?)
The AirPort Time Capsule could be used as backup of the network files for PC´s using Windows XP,Vista, 7 and 8?
Airport support Windows PC´s for Backup and Wireless use?
- Asked by Jorge P from Lehigh Acres
- Flag as inappropriate (The AirPort Time Capsule could be used as backup of the network files for PC´s using Windows XP,Vista, 7 and 8?)
Does AirPort Time Capsule support QoS by MAC or physical port number?
My VOIP box really needs this feature to ensure it gets the proper bandwidth. I've read that at least older Time Capsules lacked this feature. What about this latest version?
- Asked by Lance H from Austin
- Flag as inappropriate (Does AirPort Time Capsule support QoS by MAC or physical port number?)
Does the AirPort Time Capsule support send logs to a syslog server?
- Asked by Gerardo M from Mexico
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the AirPort Time Capsule support send logs to a syslog server?)
Will my Mac Book Pro with Mavericks support Airport Time capsule?
- Asked by Sonia B from Melbourne
- Flag as inappropriate (Will my Mac Book Pro with Mavericks support Airport Time capsule?)
What kind of storage is inside? What RAID options would be supported
Cannot find the number of drives in the technical specifications? Is the drive set up to support mirroring or striping?
- Asked by Michiel L
- Flag as inappropriate (What kind of storage is inside? What RAID options would be supported)
What voltage does the Airport Time Capsule power supply support? I.e. Can a time capsule bought in the US (110V) support europeans votages?
Does the Airport/Time Capsule Support Remote Access from the Internet. DDNS, Dynamic DNS, Wide area Bonjour,
Hi, I have seen others ask questions on DDNS - I am not so worried about DDNS specifically (although this would seem the most sensible way to support this capability).
Is there ANY way from the device itself? (not a Mac, PC or something else sat behind it) to allow remote connection from the internet back into the device. For instance to remote access the time capsule, access a device such as an IP Camera etc. I do not have a static IP address fomr my ISP so I need some way to broadcast this via a dynamic DNS service or other method that you can provide, but it needs to be form the router as I do not have a Mac or PC or other device permanently left 'on' behind the Airport.
- Asked by Neil G from Winter Park
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Airport/Time Capsule Support Remote Access from the Internet. DDNS, Dynamic DNS, Wide area Bonjour,)
Does the AirPort TC support having an ethernet connected network printer that is accessible to both MacBookAir and PC laptops?
I am currently using my printer's USB connection and ethernet connection quasi-simultaneously (both physically connected, but only print from one connection at a time). The ethernet connection goes to my LinkSys home router. The printer's USB port is connected to a work Windows7 PC laptop directly for corporate VPN security reasons and so cannot be connected to the AirPort TC USB port. I am wanting to replace my LinkSys router with the AirPort TC so that I can also set up Time Machine backups on my MacBookAir. Secondly, can I have my Windows Vista PC do backups to the AirPort TC (as a network drive)?
- Asked by John K from Pleasanton
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the AirPort TC support having an ethernet connected network printer that is accessible to both MacBookAir and PC laptops?)
Does early 2013 iMac support 802.11ac wifi?
i bought the new iMac back in April 2013. do they support 802.11ac wifi?
- Asked by Thuyain A from Colchester
- Flag as inappropriate (Does early 2013 iMac support 802.11ac wifi?)