Similar questions from the community
Multiple WAN addresses
My ISP allowed me a /30 subnet, so I can use multiple static IPs.
Is it possible to configure the WAN interface on this Airport capsule with multiple IP adresses ?
- Asked by Thierry M from Longueuill
- Flag as inappropriate (Multiple WAN addresses)
Can I use a wireless WAN connection?
My primary Internet connection consists of a mobile hotspot with a five user limit. I would like to have a Time Capsule as my primary wireless router, but it would have to connect to the mobile hotspot and rebound the Internet connection through a different wifi ssid. Essentially, instead of connecting a wired WAN connection, it would connect to another network and use that as the WAN connection. Is this possible?
- Asked by Jaydon C from Meadow
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use a wireless WAN connection?)
Can multiple computers back-up to AirPort?
Can one AirPort be back-up for both me and my bf's computers? Not sure if it matters, but I have a new MacBook Air and he has a 2 year old Euro MacBook Pro.
- Asked by Eve S from Brooklyn
- Flag as inappropriate (Can multiple computers back-up to AirPort?)
Can I use the AirPort Time Capsule to back up multiple Macintosh computers in my house wirelessly? How do I set it up?
- Asked by Norman W from Chicago
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the AirPort Time Capsule to back up multiple Macintosh computers in my house wirelessly? How do I set it up?)
If I get a 16G iPad mini can I use the TimeCapsule to store and wirelessly access my iTunes and iPhoto? Also can multiple people in the house do this
- Asked by Christopher M from Pickering
- Flag as inappropriate (If I get a 16G iPad mini can I use the TimeCapsule to store and wirelessly access my iTunes and iPhoto? Also can multiple people in the house do this)
Backing up multiple computers, does time machine need same total capacity as joint disk space? Or if not that much data is 2TB version ok?
We have a 2TB and a 1TB iMac plus a 500GB MacBook Pro that I'd like to set this up as a backup for. We don't have anywhere near that amount of data, but I know when I've had dedicated USB external hard drives for Time Machine it was supposed to have the same volume as the machine's hard drive. Trying to see if we can get away with the 2TB version for financial reasons...
- Asked by Laura B from Red Lodge
- Flag as inappropriate (Backing up multiple computers, does time machine need same total capacity as joint disk space? Or if not that much data is 2TB version ok?)
Does the TC fit for a small scale enterprise backup solution?
Currently we use an old power mac with 2TB of storage to backup about 20 clients.
Does the TC support multiple devices to backup?
Does it support OD authentication?
It would be a good opportunity to save energy and go a little greener. ;)
Thanks in advance.
- Asked by Sebastian C
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the TC fit for a small scale enterprise backup solution?)
When this product says that it will work with '50 User's' is that actual users or devices?
We have 15 iMacs here with multiple accounts on every mac, which with a rough calculation adds up to more than 50, does this product have the capability to do this? Also these iMacs are 2010 models, they are all for video editing as well so large files etc need a solution to back these 15 macs up.
- Asked by Domonic W
- Flag as inappropriate (When this product says that it will work with '50 User's' is that actual users or devices?)
Can I back up an externally connected disk?
If I connect an external disk to the TC via USB, can I backup that external disk to the TC? Specifically, I am trying to store my iPhoto library on the external disk so that multiple computers can share that one library and then have that one library be backed up to TC. Thanks!
- Asked by Sajid A from Fulton
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I back up an externally connected disk?)
Does it support DHCP reservation?
DHCP reservation is a feature commonly found on DLINK routers. It means that your router is still assigning the IP addresses dynamically, but you can tell the router to assign certain IP address to certain clients as they join the network. Therefore if you have a shared Network Attached Storage (NAS) and you want to ensure the same IP address every-time it comes up from a reboot, DHCP reservation takes care of this IP "affinity".
I am asking the question because I found this feature to be fairly obscure to the general public, and Router manufacturers rarely tout it as a feature. However, I ended up with a Belkin router that was pretty high-end and did not have DHCP reservation.
- Asked by Alexandru R from Seattle
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it support DHCP reservation?)
Does the Airport/Time Capsule Support Remote Access from the Internet. DDNS, Dynamic DNS, Wide area Bonjour,
Hi, I have seen others ask questions on DDNS - I am not so worried about DDNS specifically (although this would seem the most sensible way to support this capability).
Is there ANY way from the device itself? (not a Mac, PC or something else sat behind it) to allow remote connection from the internet back into the device. For instance to remote access the time capsule, access a device such as an IP Camera etc. I do not have a static IP address fomr my ISP so I need some way to broadcast this via a dynamic DNS service or other method that you can provide, but it needs to be form the router as I do not have a Mac or PC or other device permanently left 'on' behind the Airport.
- Asked by Neil G from Winter Park
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Airport/Time Capsule Support Remote Access from the Internet. DDNS, Dynamic DNS, Wide area Bonjour,)