Similar questions from the community
Can the time capsule be used as a sort of media hub
I'd like to store my large collection of ripped DVD's on the time capsule. Id like to set it up so that anyone on my network can watch the movies, and also would like to be able to easily stream the movies to my tv's. I have apple tv, was wondering if this product is suitable for what I'm trying to do.
- Asked by John D from Manhasset
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the time capsule be used as a sort of media hub)
can I use the time capsule as a NAS for Sonos, I currently have a WD NAS attached to my BT hub and ethernet from hub to sonos
Using as a Sonos library
Can I connect my Airport Time Capsule to my WD media player
I already have a large collection of movies in mainly avi format, and I would like to store my movies on my Airport Time Capsule. I don't really want to go through the arduous task of converting ALL my movies to apple format, Can I connect my WD Media Player to the Time capsule via USB cable, and play my movies through that (ie media player accesses the Time capsule like an external hard drive)?
- Asked by Jo-ann F from Salisbury
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect my Airport Time Capsule to my WD media player)
One feature of the Time Capsule is to backup data using Time Machine, will it work as media center? - to stream movies/music to your AppleTV, or iPad
- Asked by Jose S from Las Cruces
- Flag as inappropriate (One feature of the Time Capsule is to backup data using Time Machine, will it work as media center? - to stream movies/music to your AppleTV, or iPad)
Does the AirPort Time Capsule (2013) allow USB or Ethernet-connected drive to be used as part of the Time Capsule functionality?
Would like to explore connecting a USB-drive-enclosure and/or an Ethernet-drive-enclosure to allow more backup space to be available to users on my home network. Even if this would supercede the internal drive, I would find it preferable to other options like SLUG or FreeNAS which can be cheaper but potentially less-reliable.
For example, an Ethernet-capable NAS of, say, 10TB could be connected to one of the Gigabit ports, but would the AirPort Time Capsule (2013) recognize it as an extension of the internal storage, and therefore part of the Time Capsule storage media used for native Mac backups?
If there's not a way to do that, how arduous or risky is it to move the existing backups from the Time Capsule's internal drive to an external drive (ex: Ethernet-connected NAS) to free-up space on the 2TB/3TB internal drive, without corrupting the contents of that internal drive? Is there a way to initiate the move from within the Time Capsule itself, and thereby avoiding downloading/uploading all of that content over-the-network (to/from the PC) unnecessarily?
- Asked by Harlan H from Mequon
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the AirPort Time Capsule (2013) allow USB or Ethernet-connected drive to be used as part of the Time Capsule functionality?)
Can an AirPort Time Capsule be used as a modem?
I'm looking to switch the network provider because of some reasons: price, performance, and device. I pay
I pay $59.47 per month get only maximum speed of downlaod up to 12 Mbps, upload 1.5 Mbps.
Wondering if I the AirPort Time Capsule can be used as a modem and wireless router and to boost up performance for my network provider?
- Asked by Serey Wathna S from Houston
- Flag as inappropriate (Can an AirPort Time Capsule be used as a modem?)
No answers yet
Can I backup my iPhone with time capsule?
Using a home Wi-Fi, am I able to back up my apple device to the time capsule?
- Asked by Maurice J from Newark
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I backup my iPhone with time capsule?)
Can I connect more than one external hard drives to my Airport Time Capsule and access the external hard drive from 2 computers simultaneously?
I have just bought a 2TB Airport Time Capsule. I connected a USB hub to it and 2 external hard drives (Lacie). Is is possible to have more than one computer using the same external hard drive at the same time? It seems to only appear in one computer, not the other one.
does it work with BT Home Hub4
I have just installed a BT Home Hub4 (HH4). So far I have not been able to connect my 5 year old Time m/c to the HH4. Would the latest Airport Time Capsule connect OK to HH4?
- Asked by Richard C
- Flag as inappropriate (does it work with BT Home Hub4)
No answers yet
If I use the AirPort Time Capsules as a File Server, can I then delete the media files (pictures) that are taking up disk space on my macbook air?
My macbook air is constantly giving me prompt that my disk space is full. So that is the main reason I bought a AirPort Time Capsule 2TB to move all my old pictures to the File Server in the AirPort. That's the way it was explained to me when I bought it at the Apple Store (georgetown location in DC).
So the way I plan on managing my files is to move all the older photos to AirPort Time Capsule File Server, delete the files on my macbook so I have a lot of memory/disk space as I travel (without worrying about losing my whole life's worth of pictures) and periodically do a media "dump" when it starts to take up too much disk space on my macbook.
This way I can continue to use my macbook (without buying a new one b/c of memory - sorry Apple).
Is this a good way to manage my media files and macbook?
Can I Play Media VIA Time Capsule (Movies/Music) instead of storing on MacBook Pro.
Hi All ,
I own a 250gb HD Macbook Pro , Apple Airport Express & Apple TV (including iPhone 5 and 6 and iPad 2). I love the peace of mind watching my iTunes Library via apple TV.
My MacBook Pro is full and want to know if i can store files on the Time Capsule (Movies/Music) and access via apple TV... In a nutshell , can i play movie files from the Time Capsule. Because this will free up a lot of space on my hard drive.
I Also have Phillips Hue which is amazing.
- Asked by Samuel L from Clare
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I Play Media VIA Time Capsule (Movies/Music) instead of storing on MacBook Pro.)
Can I partition The Airport Time Capsule? I was thinking 1 for my backup, 1 for my wife's, and a third for streaming media. Suggestions?
- Asked by Claus R from New York
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I partition The Airport Time Capsule? I was thinking 1 for my backup, 1 for my wife's, and a third for streaming media. Suggestions?)
can the airport time capsule work with Sky fibre optic broadband in the UK and will it increase the Broadband signal compared to the Standard Sky Hub?
using AirPort Time Capsule with both iMAC and PC
I have a new iMAC and an old PC that runs Windows Vista. Can I simply remove my old wireless router and replace it with a new Airport Time Capsule, and will the old PC still have a wireless connection? Is there anything else I should take into consideration?
- Asked by Carol K from Miami
- Flag as inappropriate (using AirPort Time Capsule with both iMAC and PC)
Can AirPort Time Capsule be used as an external hard drive?
Can i save my data on it? Because i don't have enough space on Macbook.
- Asked by Benjamin O
- Flag as inappropriate (Can AirPort Time Capsule be used as an external hard drive?)
can i use TC as external wireless media source library for two Macs, and attach the ioSafe Fire/Waterproof HD via USB to use as TM?
Hello, thinking of getting the ioSafe Fireproof/waterproof HD, and am wondering the following:
- Basic sharing: can I wirelessly connect two Macs to TC via WiFi, and point all media directories to it as my source library? I'm able to connect everything to the drive and see the file structure, but can't figure how to utilize as my source library. The TC is the primary router for the household with about 12 devices using it (not simultaneously)
- can I do the above, and attach the ioSafe via USB to the TC, and use the ioSafe as the Time Capsule?
My hunch is I can, but I seem to be hitting various issues and I simply can't coherently connect the dots, so am hoping someone can help. Thanks in advance!!
(not asking for someone to explain step-by-step: that would be AWESOME, but also would be great to get something like " 1. yes, 2. no" and I'll do the research myself)
- Asked by Tyler C from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use TC as external wireless media source library for two Macs, and attach the ioSafe Fire/Waterproof HD via USB to use as TM?)
Can I use AirPort Time Capsule as a WiFi booster over my TM Unifi with an ASUS RT-N18U Wi-Fi router.
I am using TM Unifi with an ASUS RT-N18U Wi-Fi router. I would like to know could I use Apple AirPort Time Capsule to extend (repeater, booster) my Wi-Fi to a part of the house where the Wi-Fi signal is poor. Wile use the existing Wi-Fi network to access the internet. Hence I would like to connect the Airport Time Capsule to Asus over Wi-Fi. Or does it have to be by cable.
I am using MacBook Pro and also Windows Laptop in my home. But I will use the Airport Storage only for my mac media/photos. And use the Wi-Fi signal for both.
Please let me know the details and how to setup so I can decide should I buy the time capsule or not.
- Asked by Mohd O from Ampang
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use AirPort Time Capsule as a WiFi booster over my TM Unifi with an ASUS RT-N18U Wi-Fi router.)
Can a time capsule be used as a boot drive, if the drive in the MacPro fails?
I need to know if Time Machine used in conjunction with a time capsule can be used as a boot drive if the mac pro it is being used to backup has a drive failure?
Or do I need to have a bootable backup on an external drive (besides the Time Capsule)?
- Asked by John H from Juneau
- Flag as inappropriate (Can a time capsule be used as a boot drive, if the drive in the MacPro fails?)
Can AirPort Capsule be used as an external wireless hard drive separate to Time Machine?
Can AirPort Capsule be used as an external wireless hard drive separate to Time Machine? Meaning, can I save content directly to the Capsule, or does it only backup what is saved on my Mac device?
I am wanting to back up my computer via Time Machine, but there are things I would like to put onto a hard drive (hopefully Airport Capsule) but not leave on my computer.
Hope this makes sense
- Asked by Kylie M
- Flag as inappropriate (Can AirPort Capsule be used as an external wireless hard drive separate to Time Machine?)