Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Thunderbolt display audio output to RCA
I have a Macbook Pro connected to a Thunderbolt display and I would like to output audio (ideally from the display) to a 5.1 speaker system that takes six RCA inputs. Can you tell me if this is possible and what I'd need please?
- Asked by John K
- Flag as inappropriate (Thunderbolt display audio output to RCA)
No answers yet
Thunderbolt display cable length/extension
Apple doesn't say, but I've read that the integral Thunderbolt cable is just one meter (or three feet approx.). I have also read that it is possible to extend this by purchasing the two meter Thunderbolt cable from Apple and connecting to the extra port, but then I will not have powered USB / Firewire ports on the display.
Question: is there a connector that would allow me to extend the integral cable by adding Apple's cable and thus retain use of the Thunderbolt port and allow power to the USB & Firewire ports.
I am will be using this with a rMacbook Pro. I have some work I need to do at a few feet distant from the monitor.
- Asked by Jonathan B from Miami
- Flag as inappropriate (Thunderbolt display cable length/extension)
No answers yet
What is the average power consumption of the Thunderbolt display when hooked up to a new 85W MacBook Pro 15"?
I'm off-grid so this really matters. I'm gutted Apple have discontinued the 17" MacBook Pro because that extra screen real estate makes an enormous amount of difference. A desktop is much too power hungry for my situation, but if the Thunderbolt display is reasonable then this setup becomes a potential (if far more expensive) replacement option.
what cable is needed to connect the thunderbolt display to a mac pro?
- Asked by Semir B from Calgary
- Flag as inappropriate (what cable is needed to connect the thunderbolt display to a mac pro?)
Is the ThunderBolt Display worth the money?
I love my 13" non-retina MacBook pro and I'm curious if the the Thunderbolt display is worth the money. I don't care about the glare as I will be looking out a window so the sun won't reflect on it. I produce music and an extra display would be of huge help. My concern is, is it reliable? I really don't care about height adjustment or anything but is it a quality-built monitor that will last a while? I have a 19" Dell Monitor but its having problems and I would like to upgrade to something better. I am also a school student and I guess it could help with research papers and such.
- Asked by Jesse H from Clarence Center
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the ThunderBolt Display worth the money?)
speakers for MacBook Pro 15 connected to Thunderbolt display
Just bought MacBook Pro 15, which will be connected to Thunderbolt display. Possible to connect speakers to the Thunderbolt? Or better to connect speakers to the MacBook? Thank you.
- Asked by Scott G from Santa Rosa
- Flag as inappropriate (speakers for MacBook Pro 15 connected to Thunderbolt display)
Calibration of Thunderbolt display in conjunction with Macbook Pro Retina
I have a Spyder3Elite monitor calibrator and I wanted to make sure that I would be able to achieve closely matched calibration of a Thunderbolt display and a Macbook Pro Retina (15").
Can you explain any settings that should be configured on one or the other to get equivalent colour results?
Has Apple tested calibrating Thunderbolt displays with MBP Retinas using any of the Spyder calibrators (or other brands)?
We have an older 27" iMac that is nicely calibrated and we want to make sure that the MBP Retina and Thunderbolt combination will be able to achieve the same results for photo editing as the old iMac.
- Asked by Sarah O from Newtown
- Flag as inappropriate (Calibration of Thunderbolt display in conjunction with Macbook Pro Retina)
Can I use both firewire ports (Thunderbolt Display AND Macbook Pro) concurrently?
I have a FW800 external hard drive, which I usually daisy chain through a FW400 audio interface (which brings the speed of both devices down to FW400).
Can I run the hard drive off the thunderbolt display at full (FW800) speed, while running the audio device at FW400 from the Macbook FW port?
- Asked by Christian A from Palmyra
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use both firewire ports (Thunderbolt Display AND Macbook Pro) concurrently?)
Do you need two Thunderbolt cables to link 2 Thunderbolt displays to a 27" iMac?
Im looking at replacing my aging 2006 Macbook with a 27" iMac and looking to run 2 extra Thunderbolt displays how many Thunderbolt cables would i need?
- Asked by Chris P
- Flag as inappropriate (Do you need two Thunderbolt cables to link 2 Thunderbolt displays to a 27" iMac?)
Can I Go from the thunderbolt port on my 2011 macbook pro to this 27in thunderbolt display then chain threw an adapter to an HDMI display?
- Asked by Jesse L from Virginia Beach
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I Go from the thunderbolt port on my 2011 macbook pro to this 27in thunderbolt display then chain threw an adapter to an HDMI display?)
Can i connect a macbook pro equipped with Thunderbolt to an old ADC cinema display? if so, How?
I'm in the market for a new macbook pro, but i can't seem to find any definite information as to whether or not i can use my old cinema display (using ADC). I know there is an ADC-DVI converter, and a Thunderbolt-DVI converter. Is it possible to simply buy both and use the old display?
- Asked by Nolan C from Binghamton
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i connect a macbook pro equipped with Thunderbolt to an old ADC cinema display? if so, How?)
Are Retina displays only for computers and not thunderbolt displays? Does Thunderbolt Display produce exact Retina (for development)
On Retina displays, the colors on the Macbook Pro is precise. I read the Thunderbolt information and find that the Thunderbolt Display is LCD, not Retina. Are Retina displays only for computers and not Thunderbolt Displays? Does the Thunderbolt Display produce the exact Retina resolution/colors/etcetera (for intense-development). Thanks!
- Asked by David V from Pompano Beach
- Flag as inappropriate (Are Retina displays only for computers and not thunderbolt displays? Does Thunderbolt Display produce exact Retina (for development))
I have a new MacBook Pro 13''. Can I connect with 2 Apple Thunderbolt Display?
- Asked by Daren S from Teluk Intan
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a new MacBook Pro 13''. Can I connect with 2 Apple Thunderbolt Display?)